ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Favorite 80s Movie Girlfriend!

Favorite 80s Movie Girlfriend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

I'm always in the mood for 80s nostalgia, and all the love for Phoebe Cates in 'Fast Times' got me thinking about my favorite 80s movie girlfriends (since I was a pre-teen in the 80s, I imagined my high school girlfriend would be some combination of Phoebe Cates from FT and Sloane from Ferris Bueller's Day Off....ha!).

Anyway, write-in's welcome (please include pics or the BWI Council of Elders will destroy this board with flaggogeddon!) - I'm sure I missed a few (and I can only do 10 here)....

Criteria: Who was your favorite? Who would you actually want to 'date'? Or does Phoebe Cates in a red bikini make all else pointless?

You get three votes - make 'em count!

1. Claudia Wells as Jennifer Parker, Back to the Future

6f4f3ce61cf4870b093d8a146a1f8b1c.jpg

2. Elisabeth Shue as Ali Mills, The Karate Kid

159043584_-elisabeth-shue-8x10-color-photo-1-karate-kid.jpg

3. Mia Sara as Sloane, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

3052dde6a1b96cf6a8ef045f61298849.jpg

4. Annie Ryan as Franny Perrins, Three O'Clock High

6okqutzh9gxx.jpg

5. Michelle Pfeiffer as Stephanie Zinone, Grease 2

michelle.jpg

6. Diane Franklin as Monique Junot, Better Off Dead

64b4c26e70f7778dfdbd166c8326970c.jpg

7. Phoebe Cates as Linda Barrett, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

FastTimes_003Pyxurz.jpg

8. Rebecca De Mornay as Lana, Risky Business

A-still-from-Risky-Business.jpg

9. Kelly LeBrock as Lisa, Werid Science

article-0-1A26437600000578-17_634x923.jpg

10. Ally Sheedy as Jennifer Mack, Wargames

H79VkvC.png

De Mornay was so sexy in that movie. I had to vote for her. Second was LaBroke but today's photos of her are off-putting. Now if you would have said the "Flash Dance" Jennifer Beals, that would have been my number one. Since then, my nights are haunted looking for a gal that eats crab with a tux jacket with nothing under but fake cuffs.

Flashdance_102Pyxurz.jpg

Ummmm... Whuddabout Daphne Zuniga from The Sure Thing....

Soil myself watching her in that movie ;)
Yeah, The Sure Thing is seriously underrated, a pretty good flick, great last line, "She wasn't my type."

I always had a thing for Jennifer Jason Leigh in Fast Times at Ridgemont High because she was a look-alike for a semi-long-term girlfriend, I get some serious pangs going every time I watch it. Also, Ione Skye in Say Anything...., not bad at all. Also Michlele Meyrink in Real Genius, yeah, I got a thing for nerdy girls.

When she was younger, there were few women in Hollywood more naturally beautiful than Elisabeth Shue. She is still attractive, but has a certain harshness about her today. By all accounts, very intelligent (Harvard degree in political science), she is the total package.
Kw3d5.jpg

elisabeth-shue.jpg

Last edited:
Weren't you the one who shared an appreciation for Ashley Williams??? IT seems that we like the same type of women, as Elisabeth Shue is my all time, all time favorite.
Yes, I was. We apparently both have exceptional taste in women. Both Elisabeth and Ashley (below) are stunning.

0511TOC_Carousel-450x462.jpg

Reactions: lb lion and N&B4PSU
De Mornay was so sexy in that movie. I had to vote for her. Second was LaBroke but today's photos of her are off-putting. Now if you would have said the "Flash Dance" Jennifer Beals, that would have been my number one. Since then, my nights are haunted looking for a gal that eats crab with a tux jacket with nothing under but fake cuffs.

Flashdance_102Pyxurz.jpg

Beals probably should have been in over Annie Ryan (but I loved her in Three o'Clock High!) and the other one I really wanted to add was Robin Wright as Buttercup in The Princess Bride.

And I distinctly remember staying up late to watch Risky Business on Cinemax at my cousin's house (he had cable in his room! With Cinemax!!) - I'd never seen anything like De Mornay before that. Just amazing...

PrincessBride_020Pyxurz.jpg

When she was younger, there were few women in Hollywood more naturally beautiful than Elisabeth Shue. She is still attractive, but has a certain harshness about her today. By all accounts, very intelligent (Harvard degree in political science), she is the total package.
Kw3d5.jpg

elisabeth-shue.jpg

Fun fact to know: Shue played Marty's girlfriend in the Back to the Future sequels...; and all time The Office fave Melora Hardin was originally cast as his girlfriend in the first movie.

melora+hardin+tv+store+online+interview+about+nbc's+the+office.jpg

I'm always in the mood for 80s nostalgia, and all the love for Phoebe Cates in 'Fast Times' got me thinking about my favorite 80s movie girlfriends (since I was a pre-teen in the 80s, I imagined my high school girlfriend would be some combination of Phoebe Cates from FT and Sloane from Ferris Bueller's Day Off....ha!).

Anyway, write-in's welcome (please include pics or the BWI Council of Elders will destroy this board with flaggogeddon!) - I'm sure I missed a few (and I can only do 10 here)....

Criteria: Who was your favorite? Who would you actually want to 'date'? Or does Phoebe Cates in a red bikini make all else pointless?

You get three votes - make 'em count!

1. Claudia Wells as Jennifer Parker, Back to the Future

6f4f3ce61cf4870b093d8a146a1f8b1c.jpg

2. Elisabeth Shue as Ali Mills, The Karate Kid

159043584_-elisabeth-shue-8x10-color-photo-1-karate-kid.jpg

3. Mia Sara as Sloane, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

3052dde6a1b96cf6a8ef045f61298849.jpg

4. Annie Ryan as Franny Perrins, Three O'Clock High

6okqutzh9gxx.jpg

5. Michelle Pfeiffer as Stephanie Zinone, Grease 2

michelle.jpg

6. Diane Franklin as Monique Junot, Better Off Dead

64b4c26e70f7778dfdbd166c8326970c.jpg

7. Phoebe Cates as Linda Barrett, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

FastTimes_003Pyxurz.jpg

8. Rebecca De Mornay as Lana, Risky Business

A-still-from-Risky-Business.jpg

9. Kelly LeBrock as Lisa, Werid Science

article-0-1A26437600000578-17_634x923.jpg

10. Ally Sheedy as Jennifer Mack, Wargames

H79VkvC.png
Not even close. It's Lea Thompson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lea_Thompson

Reactions: 91Joe95
Ummmm... Whuddabout Daphne Zuniga from The Sure Thing....
Soil myself watching her in that movie ;)
Daphne Zuniga is pretty in a girl next door way. She is not a Hollywood beauty in the traditional sense, but she would definitely be one of the best looking girls in most high schools and if you married her, people would say you were a lucky guy.
daphne-zuniga-long-hairstyle.jpg

Daphne Zuniga is pretty in a girl next door way. She is not a Hollywood beauty in the traditional sense, but she would definitely be one of the best looking girls in most high schools and if you married her, people would say you were a lucky guy.
daphne-zuniga-long-hairstyle.jpg
Jesus, she has aged WELL. STILL FINE.

Reactions: fairgambit
I'm more of the wholesome "girl next door" kinda guy over the "model type" (think Mary Ann over Ginger), so I went with Cates. It was a tough choice over Shue and a write-in for Lea Thompson.

I had a huge crush on Elizabeth Shue in the 80s. Karate Kid and Cocktail!
Allow me to enter a write-in vote for memorable girlfriend performance by a 1980s female, one Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places. She doesn't get the win but deserves an honorable mention in my book.
trading%2Bplaces.jpg

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Flashdance_102Pyxurz.jpg
Hmm that was crab?? The whole time I thought it was lobster!!

I had a huge crush on Elizabeth Shue in the 80s. Karate Kid and Cocktail!
Allow me to enter a write-in vote for memorable girlfriend performance by a 1980s female, one Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places. She doesn't get the win but deserves an honorable mention in my book.
trading%2Bplaces.jpg

I tended to go a little younger in my poll because those were the movies I was primarily watching when I was 10-15 (unless at my cousin's and we were able to watch Cinemax late at night!).

I would have included Jennifer Connelly from Labyrinth but she was only 16 when it came out (I was 12) and her next 'big' movie, and worth watching only for her, was Career Opportunities, but that didn't come out until 1991. Still, best use of a tank top ever in a movie...

vqBWVVP.gif

tumblr_nnsc6iUG2M1rptk5qo5_400.gif

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I tended to go a little younger in my poll because those were the movies I was primarily watching when I was 10-15 (unless at my cousin's and we were able to watch Cinemax late at night!).

I would have included Jennifer Connelly from Labyrinth but she was only 16 when it came out (I was 12) and her next 'big' movie, and worth watching only for her, was Career Opportunities, but that didn't come out until 1991. Still, best use of a tank top ever in a movie...

vqBWVVP.gif

tumblr_nnsc6iUG2M1rptk5qo5_400.gif
She was also good in the movie The Hot Spot with Don Johnson and Virginia Madsen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT