ADVERTISEMENT

Football Police charge star Penn State LB Abdul Carter with misdemeanor marijuana possession, use

source.gif

Personally, I’ve been a Puritan in my life regarding these things, but it is so widespread in society now that it’s hardly an issue these days.
I’m sure there will still be some discipline for it, but not like it used to be.

Reactions: ND Heaven68
My concern is that he's using during camp. Perhaps someone who had posted that he played as if he read his press clippings was right. Hope it isn't the case but maybe he doesn't have the same focus as last year?

Reactions: SR108 and MacNit2.0
I’m shocked, shocked I say at the amount of reasonable responses. I fully expected a few posters to demand that he be kicked off the team. Then hung by the neck, and finally drawn and quartered. Well I guess we still have time for the Torquemada judges to chime in.

The only thing I quetion is his judgment, given the NFL's scrutiny of "character" issues. There is a huge monetary consequence for being drafted later rather than sooner. I hope he sticks to Advil until the 2025 draft.

Reactions: JimNazium
I’m shocked, shocked I say at the amount of reasonable responses. I fully expected a few posters to demand that he be kicked off the team. Then hung by the neck, and finally drawn and quartered. Well I guess we still have time for the Torquemada judges to chime in.

Its legal and ubiquitous now, you can't walk through American cities without the smell everywhere. Good, Bad, or Indifferent, I don't really know how a coach is supposed to manage this now.

I played a baseball game drunk once…it was not a pretty sight.
I fell asleep from contact high in the car on the way to a basketball game. Played a football game 🍻🍷🍻. Was made to run infinite 40's rolling every 10 yards for a week. That took care of that.

Reactions: AWS1022
I'd be more on him about this
Its legal and ubiquitous now, you can't walk through American cities without the smell everywhere. Good, Bad, or Indifferent, I don't really know how a coach is supposed to manage this now.
Not sure. 1st half or whole game vs. Delaware? Surprised Theo didnt get suspended for at least a half.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in some cases where weed is legal coaches probably use it as a recruiting aid.

I just don’t understand why a kid who presumably wants to be a professional athlete would want to inhale smoke into his lungs. Also, if you really want to partake in marijuana, there are other ways to do it now other than to smoke it.

It seems like incidents like this have been few and far in between under Franklin. Not that this is a major matter, but I hope that these types of incidents aren’t going to become more common now that it appears as if this program is going to be a major player again.

Finally, the leaders on this team need to apply peer pressure to keep this team focused.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Blah, blah, blah…..
It was a dumb decision no matter how anyone rationalizes it. Kind of selfish as well considering how good this team could be.

I just don’t understand why a kid who presumably wants to be a professional athlete would want to inhale smoke into his lungs. Also, if you really want to partake in marijuana, there are other ways to do it now other than to smoke it.

It seems like incidents like this have been few and far in between under Franklin. Not that this is a major matter, but I hope that these types of incidents aren’t going to become more common now that it appears as if this program is going to be a major player again.

Finally, the leaders on this team need to apply peer pressure to keep this team focused.
This…

Shocked somebody would actually be arrested for using weed. Sheesh.

I get the pro pot position but at the end of the day it is illegal in PA. Therefore it was selfish and stupid.

Them’s the rules. I don’t make them
What are the consequences in your opinion?

As long as he cuts his hair!………🤭

Reactions: Thomas1945
I don't condone breaking the law. But, come on...we have states legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana use...the federal government no longer enforces marijuana laws. You might think that we'd come to some resolution of the entire issue and either make it legal or illegal for everyone, everywhere.

Who cares.

But if we’re being honest - in the one game sample size, Carter had some disappointing play in game one. Related? Nah, probably not. But he didn’t look great.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT