ADVERTISEMENT

Please take this opportunity to remember that michigan lost their bowl game.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Up 19-3, it looks like it's over. south carolina has no life. Then michigan's prima donna kicker gets vulgar, and michigan goes on to curl into a fetal position like a cheap suit. That was great entertainment.

michigan lost yesterday. They failed to win. michigan should try to win more, or lose less, whichever comes first.

jim hairball is not very good at coaching football.

I missed the issue with their kicker...what happened?

122ac1adc25abcef93833ad968b2e53c

Was hairball asked about the gesture in the post-game press conference? I wonder if he cares.

It would have been a perfect day had ND managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, as MI managed to do.

Nordin is a jerk. No two ways about it. Most 18 year olds know that public (or should I say 'pubic') displays of vulgarity are just that. Glad he went anywhere but to PSU.

Reactions: m48tank and Cosmos
I noticed a lot of contributions from "true freshmen" in yesterday's games. We have a couple but not to many. YGM was the only one that seemed to have any impact. Surprised we didn't have more considering the quality of the class from last year.

I noticed a lot of contributions from "true freshmen" in yesterday's games. We have a couple but not to many. YGM was the only one that seemed to have any impact. Surprised we didn't have more considering the quality of the class from last year.

I don't know, I think that's a good thing for us. If true freshmen come in and have a major impact then they are a rare talent, or there are depth issues at their position, or injuries. I haven't followed Georgia all year so I don't know what Fromm's story is, for example. Was their depth and development so bad that the true freshman came in and beat everyone out? Or did the starter go down?

Might be hard to keep freshman LB's off the field for us next year. And we'll see about the defensive backfield. But I hope it is kept to a minimum and if they're on the field then they're just that freaking good. :)

this is EXACTLY what I've been saying about next year and I keep getting flamed for it. People on here are trying to say that 4, 5, 6 TRUE freshmen are gonna play regularly, and I just don't see it. You're spot on re: YGM. Wade and TCF played in garbage time, and I don't think any other freshmen played out of a VERY good class. I see the same out of this class.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I read in The Freep that UM wide receivers accounted for ony 3 TD catches all year.

That seems almost impossible.

The entire team had 9 receiving tds, so sounds about right. QBs had 10 interceptions also.

They also blew the otherwise undefeated streak B10 had in the bowls this year!

I read in The Freep that UM wide receivers accounted for ony 3 TD catches all year.

That seems almost impossible.

9 TDs spread out among Sean McKeon (TE-3), Zach Gentry (TE-2), Chris Evans (RB-1), and 1 each for these WRs - Kekoa Crawford, Tarik Black, Grant Perry

btw MI's top 3 leaders in receiving yards were Grant Perry (307), Zach Gentry (303), and Sean McKeon (301)

by comparison, Penn State had 3 receivers with over 400 yds, a RB with over 600 yds, and a TE with over 550 yds

this is EXACTLY what I've been saying about next year and I keep getting flamed for it. People on here are trying to say that 4, 5, 6 TRUE freshmen are gonna play regularly, and I just don't see it. You're spot on re: YGM. Wade and TCF played in garbage time, and I don't think any other freshmen played out of a VERY good class. I see the same out of this class.

There are a couple of ways to look at this. If a program needs a bunch of true freshmen to play, they could be very thin talent-wise, particularly when linemen play as a true freshman. When a program has the luxury of redshirting almost all of its very talented freshmen players, that is where you want to be as a program.

I have no problem when a special player sees significant time as a true freshman, but this Penn State program doesn't need to burn redshirts anymore, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
There are a couple of ways to look at this. If a program needs a bunch of true freshmen to play, they could be very thin talent-wise, particularly when linemen play as a true freshman. When a program has the luxury of redshirting almost all of its very talented freshmen players, that is where you want to be as a program.

I have no problem with a special player sees significant time as a true freshman, but this Penn State program doesn't need to burn redshirts anymore, which is a good thing.

couldn't agree more. we're to the point where IF they're good enough, play them. IF they're not, don't force it. I can see parsons, maybe one of the TEs playing simply because of the depth issues at both spots. MAYBE shorter if he's THAT good. Besides that, let them bulk up to college playing weight and learn the speed of the game and the playbook.

Reactions: 91Joe95
9 TDs spread out among Sean McKeon (TE-3), Zach Gentry (TE-2), Chris Evans (RB-1), and 1 each for these WRs - Kekoa Crawford, Tarik Black, Grant Perry

btw MI's top 3 leaders in receiving yards were Grant Perry (307), Zach Gentry (303), and Sean McKeon (301)

by comparison, Penn State had 3 receivers with over 400 yds, a RB with over 600 yds, and a TE with over 550 yds

Man, that is just unreal. So when I would watch Michigan and think "wow, they just don't have any playmakers on offense" I was correct.

Man, that is just unreal. So when I would watch Michigan and think "wow, they just don't have any playmakers on offense" I was correct.

peoples-jones is supposed to be good, but he was a mess in the bowl game. Overall, however, it's hard to judge their receivers with the quarterbacks they had this year. Shea could be butter. The question is whether they will have him next year.

couldn't agree more. we're to the point where IF they're good enough, play them. IF they're not, don't force it. I can see parsons, maybe one of the TEs playing simply because of the depth issues at both spots. MAYBE shorter if he's THAT good. Besides that, let them bulk up to college playing weight and learn the speed of the game and the playbook.
Shorter will be starting, not RS'g. He has the green light from day 1

At halftime against South Carolina, I noticed that Michigan was averaging 3.0 yards per catch. That's positively anemic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT