ADVERTISEMENT

Please go to USC!

Please. Just go. 3 timeouts and the one you call is to come up with a kneel.
Unfortunately I don’t think US C will take him at this point. These last four games he has shown himself to really be a crappy coach. In all phases. Preparing back ups, making adjustments, clock management, use of timeouts, just everything.

Unfortunately I don’t think US C will take him at this point. These last four games he has shown himself to really be a crappy coach. In all phases. Preparing back ups, making adjustments, clock management, use of timeouts, just everything

the last four games.

pretty sure we went 0-5 last year.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Unfortunately I don’t think US C will take him at this point. These last four games he has shown himself to really be a crappy coach. In all phases. Preparing back ups, making adjustments, clock management, use of timeouts, just everything.
Your defense is ROCK SOLID. Offense on the other hand........

Reactions: PSUfiji and TheGLOV
He showed ZERO confidence in his team. Franklin can’t be backed any longer. If he wants to go to USC, so be it.
I thought it was stupid to not use the timeouts before half and then thought he didn’t use them because he wanted to get to the locker room and re-group. Given that calling a TO with 3 seconds left and then taking a knee made no sense. I disagree that he showed zero confidence in the team. That’s nonsense.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Please heed your own advice.
I thought it was stupid to not use the timeouts before half and then thought he didn’t use them because he wanted to get to the locker room and re-group. Given that calling a TO with 3 seconds left and then taking a knee made no sense. I disagree that he showed zero confidence in the team. That’s nonsense.
That’s your opinion.

Players are not perfect, coaches are not perfect, officials are not perfect....keyboard warriors are perfect. LOL fanboys.
Frank Lynn is not even close to perfect. But when you get $6 million a year, you should be damn close. I hope USC pays him $10 million a year and he still doesn’t know when to call a time out.

Frank Lynn is not even close to perfect. But when you get $6 million a year, you should be damn close. I hope USC pays him $10 million a year and he still doesn’t know when to call a time out.
“Fans” like you are going to be crying when the next coach doesn’t make all the right decisions that you can make from your chair after the fact
And the money argument is total BS. None of you haters has ever explained how muchh you are willing to pay a coach if they had Franklins record. Are you ok with 3-9 if we only pay 2 million?

Be careful what you ask for.
Great coaches ain't just hanging out down at the bus station. He's got a lot of flaws. If he bailed I wouldn't shed a tear but if you're not getting better you're getting worse. Come heavy or not at all. As Uncle Junior might say.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
get lost.

Reactions: bison13
Will you be singing the same tune if they beat Michigan next week?

Gen X says "tough game, not perfect, but we did the things we needed to win."
Millennials and Gen Z says: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! "We are so used to getting everything we want...we have no work ethic....this game should've just been handed to us!!"
I'd make this a meme, but I am Gen X....so.....

Yes I will. I’m tired of him playing this leverage game, when he can’t even coach some of the basic things. He may be able to recruit, but his ingame coaching has a lot to be desired.
You post this and your avatar is Plankton? Root Beer bro? So predictable.....some day you will get that secret formula...

perhaps he will take you along.....and you can tell him what to do.

Reactions: RGWhirly
Unfortunately another horrible display of clock management. And the team is not ready to play! Just terrible.
Clock management at end of half was not a factor in the game and a false issue.
Why don't you manage your time better and go root for Pitt.
The constant criticisms of the coach do nothing for the team or university.
You probably have a negative impact on recruiting.
We won.
Object of game win. We won

• Love
Reactions: EdH85
Marshall, you’re back!!! Where did you go, are you ok? I was worried about you so I’m glad to see you behind the keyboard again.
I'm lurking some....but it is no longer worth my time to post here (very much). The bitching and moaning makes me hate Penn State Fans (if in fact the majority of fanboys that post here are indeed real PSU Fans).
I'm hoping James goes to USC so many get what they deserve.....and I can enjoy their gutting of another coaching staff! But, thank you.

Reactions: unclewill
I'm lurking some....but it is no longer worth my time to post here (very much). The bitching and moaning makes me hate Penn State Fans (if in fact the majority of fanboys that post here are indeed real PSU Fans).
I'm hoping James goes to USC so many get what they deserve.....and I can enjoy their gutting of another coaching staff! But, thank you.
This was one of the funniest posts I have seen on this board for awhile. Don't ever change, marshall23.

Great coaches ain't just hanging out down at the bus station. He's got a lot of flaws. If he bailed I wouldn't shed a tear but if you're not getting better you're getting worse. Come heavy or not at all. As Uncle Junior might say.
That’s right. Great coach dont hang out in bus stations. They hang out in their bars waiting for young women to grind them.

Unfortunately another horrible display of clock management. And the team is not ready to play! Just terrible.
I totally agree. He is not a true top 50 coach in Div 1. He thinks he is so good and wanted- wrong! He is too arrogant, full of himself and everything is always about him. He doesn't even have the basic fundamentals- all he can do is stand there during a game and watch the big monitors and spit which is disgusting by the way- his spitting is what we as alumni and fans want to do do every year. They say what a great recruiter he is- well that is true- however because he can't coach the percentage that decommmit is very very high.
He loses every year after a bye.
He loses the team every year after a loss. Did you see any passion on the team Saturday- NO.
The only coach - true coach on that sideline is Prye. Cant imagine he will stay much longer either. How sad was it to see our coaches on Ohio State- don't blame them one bit. They also knew he would never be a winner.
If we had a REAL board or Univ President he would be gone TODAY!-

We have a white out- a stripe out- now lets have a Franklin out!! - Before Penn State football is ruined forever!

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio_Pirate
I totally agree. He is not a true top 50 coach in Div 1. He thinks he is so good and wanted- wrong! He is too arrogant, full of himself and everything is always about him. He doesn't even have the basic fundamentals- all he can do is stand there during a game and watch the big monitors and spit which is disgusting by the way- his spitting is what we as alumni and fans want to do do every year. They say what a great recruiter he is- well that is true- however because he can't coach the percentage that decommmit is very very high.
He loses every year after a bye.
He loses the team every year after a loss. Did you see any passion on the team Saturday- NO.
The only coach - true coach on that sideline is Prye. Cant imagine he will stay much longer either. How sad was it to see our coaches on Ohio State- don't blame them one bit. They also knew he would never be a winner.
If we had a REAL board or Univ President he would be gone TODAY!-

We have a white out- a stripe out- now lets have a Franklin out!! - Before Penn State football is ruined forever!
I hate when posters pussyfoot around and don’t express their true feelings.

Wonder what the sentiment would be had they tried to throw a hail mary and got a sack, fuble, and scoop and score. Thus go to halftime without the lead. Look, he called timeout, discussed the options with HIS STAFF and decided against doing anything.

The fact that Cain continues to see the field is mind numbing. One yard and falls to the ground. Get him the f out of the game.....he should have been done in game 2.

Franklin the wizard of clock management....
Cain has never been the same since his injury but Franklin plays him anyway in hopes (imo) it keeps pipeline to florida open... on top of which Noah is a good kid and you want him to do well.

But this offensive (literally, yet again) line cannot open holes and guys like lovett and cain get swallowed whole before they can muster anything. Lee, otoh, has the power and runs with anger. And when he gets a head of steam, he's no fun to tackle. [And he's also a Florida kid]

Many times I question the coaching decisions but almost always people point out this/that which causes me to re-think my pov and see that maybe :) the coaches do know better (although watching our clock issues on saturday makes me wonder even about that). Pretty sure I'm right when I say start Lee and ride him for the entire game.

Let's just hope CJF has something in mind for Saturday or he'll get outcoached by hairball and THAT is no easy feat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT