ADVERTISEMENT

Please do NOT do this with the offense…

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
I’m thrilled that Pribula looks good, but do NOT mess with the flow of the first string offense. It’s too cute, by half. We FINALLY have the QB we need and he wants to take him off the field because he thinks it will be hard for other teams to prepare. PLEASE. Don’t do it.

Last edited:
Somebody please talk me off the ledge. Tell me CJF is not gonna take snaps away from the best QB we’ve had in 30 years, when the offense is running like a well oiled machine, because he thinks he can outsmart other coaches.

Somebody please talk me off the ledge. Tell me CJF is not gonna take snaps away from the best QB we’ve had in 30 years, when the offense is running like a well oiled machine, because he thinks he can outsmart other coaches.
It just cracks me up how he is now apparently willing to do exactly what he refused to do last year when Clifford was the starter.

I don't have a huge problem with this conceptually since it insulates us against the starter getting dinged up.

It’s a brilliant move….now teams are going to have to wonder if he’s going to do this (especially Illinois) and he won’t. Keep them on their toes. Franklin sticks with his guy.

Reactions: 81b&w
It’s a brilliant move….now teams are going to have to wonder if he’s going to do this (especially Illinois) and he won’t. Keep them on their toes. Franklin sticks with his guy.
I really hope it’s a poker play, like you suggest. I fear otherwise.

I really hope it’s a poker play, like you suggest. I fear otherwise.
What in James’ past makes you think otherwise? The guy who on here gets criticized for being too loyal and playing his QB too much? Suddenly he’s going to change that when he gets a five star QB? I doubt it.

Reactions: 81b&w
It just cracks me up how he is now apparently willing to do exactly what he refused to do last year when Clifford was the starter.

I don't have a huge problem with this conceptually since it insulates us against the starter getting dinged up.
Allar is not a running QB. He did it with Tommy Stevens.

Allar is not a running QB. He did it with Tommy Stevens.
You're right that Allar isn't a running QB. He also doesn't have a pop gun arm like Clifford.

Tommy Stevens had far fewer passing attempts than rushing attempts, so what do you think he was really in there to do? Why would we need Beau to run with multiple stud backs?

It cracks the rest of us up that a month ago you thought allar was a bust because Franklin did not play him enough last year.

Either crawl back under your rock or get your shine box.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Reading more and more about Franklin’s postgame comments about giving Pribula a series or two. It would be a huge mistake to take Allar off the field for even one snap when he and the offense are performing at this level. Don’t overthink it. Don’t get too cute. We finally have the star QB we’ve been seeking. Now is not the time to mess around.

Reading more and more about Franklin’s postgame comments about giving Pribula a series or two. It would be a huge mistake to take Allar off the field for even one snap when he and the offense are performing at this level. Don’t overthink it. Don’t get too cute. We finally have the star QB we’ve been seeking. Now is not the time to mess around.
Against weaker opponents like yesterday, I think it's OK. We all see how important having a ready to go QB2 is after the Iowa game a couple years ago. Any work BP gets with the first string helps.

Reactions: doctornick
Against weaker opponents like yesterday, I think it's OK. We all see how important having a ready to go QB2 is after the Iowa game a couple years ago. Any work BP gets with the first string helps.
Yes, of course. When the game is well in hand, get him snaps. However, that’s not what Franklin was hinting at.

Yes, of course. When the game is well in hand, get him snaps. However, that’s not what Franklin was hinting at.

He wouldn't even tell us the week 1 starter, but you think he laying out 2 QB plans?

The point is, Beau has some tape. Defenses will spend some time on it. It's all strategic.

Reactions: doctornick
It cracks the rest of us up that a month ago you thought allar was a bust because Franklin did not play him enough last year.

Either crawl back under your rock or get your shine box.
If your takeaway from any of my comments about Allar was that he "was a bust", then you have criminally bad reading comprehension.

I am now starting to think that the reality is that Allar should have been starting last year too, at least after the first loss.

Thank all you Div 1 HOF coaches. You get better at this week after week even when you contradict yourself in doing so. Lol

My cousins sisters live in uncles boyfriend says Franklin has a secret offensive game plan for Smoklik, too. He says he saw it on the dark web.

Thank all you Div 1 HOF coaches. You get better at this week after week even when you contradict yourself in doing so. Lol

My cousins sisters live in uncles boyfriend says Franklin has a secret offensive game plan for Smoklik, too. He says he saw it on the dark web.
If by secret, you mean openly discussing it unprompted in a postgame press conference, then yeah, that’s an apt analogy.

If your takeaway from any of my comments about Allar was that he "was a bust", then you have criminally bad reading comprehension.

I am now starting to think that the reality is that Allar should have been starting last year too, at least after the first loss.
Are you saying allar is playing great with Franklin as his coach?

If by secret, you mean openly discussing it unprompted in a postgame press conference, then yeah, that’s an apt analogy.
You're obviously to emotional about this 'almost a topic' to catch sarcasm. You might want to call a doctor or DO early tomorrow morning to get something to manage your hysterical anxiety.

You're obviously to emotional about this 'almost a topic' to catch sarcasm. You might want to call a doctor or DO early tomorrow morning to get something to manage your hysterical anxiety.
Nope. Just calling out your way off base attempt at sarcasm that was absolutely irrelevant to the subject. You’ll be ok.

Nope. Just calling out your way off base attempt at sarcasm that was absolutely irrelevant to the subject. You’ll be ok.
You walked out on a limb stupidly and aren't man enough to walk it back. You want Beau to be Allar. What a dumbass

The fact is every member of the current OL has blocked for the RPO style offense and every member of that same OL has blocked for a pocket passer. Beau can be an excellent pocket passer but he can't be Allar. Nor can Allar be an RPO qb.

You are over reacting to a few words by the coach after the second game of the season. Gather yourself man. There are enough GD Karen's in the world. PSU doesn't need Karen fans.

You walked out on a limb stupidly and aren't man enough to walk it back. You want Beau to be Allar. What a dumbass

The fact is every member of the current OL has blocked for the RPO style offense and every member of that same OL has blocked for a pocket passer. Beau can be an excellent pocket passer but he can't be Allar. Nor can Allar be an RPO qb.

You are over reacting to a few words by the coach after the second game of the season. Gather yourself man. There are enough GD Karen's in the world. PSU doesn't need Karen fans.
Want Beau to be Allar? WTH are you talking about? I’m simply saying don’t take snaps from Allar.

I’m using the coach’s own words to have a discussion, not making stuff up. It’s you who has some twisted agenda. Sorry you’re opposed to football discussion. Be better.

Want Beau to be Allar? WTH are you talking about? I’m simply saying don’t take snaps from Allar.

I’m using the coach’s own words to have a discussion, not making stuff up. It’s you who has some twisted agenda. Sorry you’re opposed to football discussion. Be better.
I'm guessing he didn't take his meds today.

Allar had the snaps and continues to get them... stop being delusional. If Allar goes down, and I guarantee the thugs from Iowa will take the cheapest of cheap shots at him...or any player rolls up on his ankle it is the duty of the coach to have him ready to be the number 2. Keep skirting that fact all you want... Be better, if you can.

Allar had the snaps and continues to get them... stop being delusional. If Allar goes down, and I guarantee the thugs from Iowa will take the cheapest of cheap shots at him...or any player rolls up on his ankle it is the duty of the coach to have him ready to be the number 2. Keep skirting that fact all you want... Be better, if you can.
Keep moving the goalposts. That’s not what I’m talking about and you know that. So that means you’re either being disingenuous or just really terrible at debating. My guess is both. Sorry I suggested you be better. I didn’t know it wasn’t possible.

A big part of the reason why Allar is playing at this level is because he didn’t play over Clifford last season. He got good reps, learned the preparation, etc. without having to be the guy as a true freshman. The poise and leadership side is just as much part of being “the guy” as the raw talent….and timing is everything on these things. Coach handled this situation perfectly IMO.

He's not unless we're up 4 td's in the 3 rd quarter

Reactions: NittanyChris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT