ADVERTISEMENT

Players buried the temple game footage under the practice turf

Horrible. I assume this is Franklin's idea, but absolutely horrible:

(1) This was GAME ONE. Sometimes teams can have a bad game midway through the season, they were performing well before then, and it's best to just move on. But when it was Game One?!?!? There is a lot of stuff that needs to be looked at from Saturday, and we need to tackle it HEAD ON.

(2) This is going to get posted on Deadspin and such, and PSU will be the butt of an easy joke: "burying things that they don't want to deal with: the Penn State way."

Did you actually have inside knowledge Deadspin would do this? If not, well done on your prediction, they never miss an opportunity to "bury" penn state...ugh.

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-has-already-reached-the-symbolic-burials-por-1729379929

Mouth-breathers - nice one. The team has learned only one thing from your idiotic clown coach and that is to deal with their ineptitude by performing PR stunts. This is just a stupid, symbolic gesture - looking forward to seeing UB do some damage.
Color any good books lately?

Reactions: 91Joe95
eyesopen.jpg

Yes- that's exactly how every Penn St fan felt watching that game on Saturday. ;)

"We wanted to let guys know that after our Sunday corrections, it's over," Lucas said.

IMO that's the problem that leads to Groundhog Day. Guess what Lucas- it's not over by a long shot. It's not over until the team actually corrects the pitiful performance which was worse than last year. Just sitting around on Sunday when coach says 'block better' doesn't solve the problem. Until you actually do it it's a continuing problem. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Buried it?
Here you go!

Now, you're a fan, so you have the right to yell "scoreboard" for the next 12 months.

But honestly, hopefully YOUR coaches have "buried" the tape too.

"Buried" as in "we played well, but if we do nothing but pat ourselves on the back instead of watching some Cincinnati tape, we're going to be in trouble Saturday."

Good luck, I'll be at Nippert Saturday night.

Reactions: TUVideoGuy
Worst idea ever...if I was the team captain I'd want the tapes. I'd tell my team to meet every evening once school studying is over and we'd watch the tapes to remind us to never do that again. The New Orlean Saint did this after they won the Super Bowl, didn't want to relive the past. Really helped them...sometimes to need to be reminded how bad you were to improve.

We don't need to bury game film.

We need to replace the three kids in the middle of the offensive line who have no business on a division one football field, and haven't, since they started playing, and I don't give a crap if you put the young players in, but GET THOSE THREE KIDS OFF THE FIELD.

I love that they buried this crap. Get rid of it and never speak again about it. It never happened. Brilliant idea. That's how you move on

More gimicks and stunts from HCJF...maybe if he showed the same level of creativity and outside-the-box thinking in his game-planning and Xs & Os, they wouldn't have to resort to corny sh*t like this. Unless JF, staff, QB, and Oline fix the problem, they will be digging mass graves for a season's worth of bad tape.
So you didn't read the article at all, did you?

Reactions: stneumann83
Many in this thread clearly missed this article posted on the BWI Homepage - see hotlink below:

Lions look inward in face of loss

Contrary to what many of you nimrods are saying, there is no better response that the PSU players and coaches can make than looking in the mirror and individually as well as collectively stating that they OWN THE LOSS AND PERFORMANCE and what they need to LEARN from the loss (e.g., the only time a mistake or a loss is truly a "waste" is when we refuse to learn anything from it!) is the need to commit themselves collectively and individually to get better regardless of how much hardwork and toil it entails. They have done this and both the coaches and the players have admitted that there is much work to do and therefore they better "get to work" because sitting around talking to "know-it-all" critics (who actually know a fraction of what they think they do) is NOT PRODUCTIVE in the least..... Contrary to what many dipwads in this string continue to prattle on about, the team and coaches have very forthrightly and in a dignified manner, have come forth and publicly admitted - there are few excuses for their performance and only one answer -- get to work in the film room and practice field and commit collectively and individually to not be "outworked" or "out-toughed" again. The team needs to develop some toughness and resiliency -- they don't need to be fed bull$hit rationalizations and excuses that the "execution" on the field was incredible (because it wasn't as evidenced by PSU's failure to capitalize on Temple's critical error and made them pay when PSU could have been leading 17-0 and it would have been a very different game and situation, but instead PSU bailed Temple's defense out with extremely POOR EXECUTION which had zippidy-doo-dah-day to do with coaches or coaches' gameplans and everything to do with poor player execution - ditto a critical INT which effectively was a PICK-6 to give Temple the lead.) and that all their problems are tied to coaching deficiencies.....blah, blah, blah. It's utter bull$hit first of all and secondly it will only serve to make the players "softer" when they clearly need to be a bit "hardened" and made more resilient.....e.g., their "mettle" needs to be stiffened up a bit and nothing does that better than PRACTICING harder because the old adage "You will typically play like you practice" goes for toughness and resiliency as much as anything else.

Now, you're a fan, so you have the right to yell "scoreboard" for the next 12 months.

But honestly, hopefully YOUR coaches have "buried" the tape too.

"Buried" as in "we played well, but if we do nothing but pat ourselves on the back instead of watching some Cincinnati tape, we're going to be in trouble Saturday."

Good luck, I'll be at Nippert Saturday night.

So, if they bury one game tape, have they buried "some" gametapes?

Reactions: 91Joe95
Unfortunately the fans can't bury the game tape. We watched it and it's burned in our memory forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT