ADVERTISEMENT

Players buried the temple game footage under the practice turf

Hopefully it translates to moving on from the terrible game. They dug up the turf as if it were grass. Would be hilarious if it weren't for the loss.

http://www.centredaily.com/2015/09/08/4910156/penn-state-football-nittany-lions.html

Did they put Donovan there with it? (I'm kidding before the uptight types get all offended. ;) ). They shouldn't bury that tape. It should be on a constant loop in the weight room, lounge areas, training table etc all week. They should be forced to face it continually until they are sick of it and fix the issues we've discussed here since Saturday.

Good story. I hope this translates into something that is meaningful enough to bring real change (and not the kind of change Obama spoke of). I sat through the 6-4 Penn State Iowa game in 04 and prayed to God we would never have to endure a game like that again. Then came Saturday. 10 sacks and really from what I saw, about 5 different offensive plays. A hard pill to swallow especially since our coaches collectively make around 6 million dollars a year. That's about 1.2 million dollars a play Lets hope the ship gets pointed in the right directions this weekend or else winning this season will become as common as unicorn sightings.

Reactions: fairgambit
Horrible. I assume this is Franklin's idea, but absolutely horrible:

(1) This was GAME ONE. Sometimes teams can have a bad game midway through the season, they were performing well before then, and it's best to just move on. But when it was Game One?!?!? There is a lot of stuff that needs to be looked at from Saturday, and we need to tackle it HEAD ON.

(2) This is going to get posted on Deadspin and such, and PSU will be the butt of an easy joke: "burying things that they don't want to deal with: the Penn State way."

(1) This was GAME ONE. Sometimes teams can have a bad game midway through the season, they were performing well before then, and it's best to just move on. But when it was Game One?!?!? There is a lot of stuff that needs to be looked at from Saturday, and we need to tackle it HEAD ON.

(2) This is going to get posted on Deadspin and such, and PSU will be the butt of an easy joke: "burying things that they don't want to deal with: the Penn State way."
Oh....with all due respect (in best Ricky Bobby impersonation)....**** Off, NittWitt.

Reactions: 94LionsFan

It's in the first line of the article whose idea it was, jagoff. And sorry, not Franklin.

Great idea. Start fresh and build on this week's game. Only losers will continue to hang their heads. Unlike us, these are the "men in the arena." They need to prepare and move forward.

You're going to make sure of that. Aren't you?

Reactions: 91Joe95
When the come back to practice tomorrow, all the artificial turf will be dead. :)

dsc00696.jpg

"We wanted to let guys know that after our Sunday corrections, it's over," Lucas said.

I like it. The team's not in denial about Saturday's performance. The corrections were addressed on Sunday. There could've been a lot of finger-pointing between teammates, but they all decided to "bury the hatchet/tape" and remain positive. Good sign moving forward.

This a great idea.... it's not like they don't have copies elsewhere. The last thing we need is to put more pressure on the players then they can deal with. Hopefully there is an executable game plan for Buffalo and the players respond to coaching and potential shuffling on the OL. Also, Hack needs to have ten minutes a day just throwing to a tackling dummy in the 5th row of the bleachers. Other than that, dwelling on Temple won't make them better. That's an off season motivation technique.... but it's not good for focusing on the game next week.

Well, it is now on Franklin's shoulders to UNBURY the tape.

Horrible idea by Hackenberg and Lucas, and frankly doesn't show much leadership on either of their parts. Hackenberg stunk on Saturday and he needs to LEARN from that.

Just my opinion.
How much effort do you put into being an obtuse jerk-off?

I think, quite a lot......just my opinion :)

Did they at least let it practice at one of the tackle positions first to see if it understood what blocking is?

Were they able to dig Hackenberg out of the turf at The Linc? ;)

Seriously, I support whatever this team needs to get over last week and get better.

Reactions: Obliviax
Clearly it was symbolic...but I agree with Mich. This is just stupid gamesmanship. How about you put a hat on somebody and block them? I think it sounds juvenile. You played the game and poorly, man up and face it.

More gimicks and stunts from HCJF...maybe if he showed the same level of creativity and outside-the-box thinking in his game-planning and Xs & Os, they wouldn't have to resort to corny sh*t like this. Unless JF, staff, QB, and Oline fix the problem, they will be digging mass graves for a season's worth of bad tape.

More gimicks and stunts from HCJF...maybe if he showed the same level of creativity and outside-the-box thinking in his game-planning and Xs & Os, they wouldn't have to resort to corny sh*t like this. Unless JF, staff, QB, and Oline fix the problem, they will be digging mass graves for a season's worth of bad tape.

They turned the practice facility into Auschwitz!

(No disrespect to anyone).

Hopefully that have that whole "cover the TE over the middle on the drag pattern" thing solved now.

Hey, dipshit, who said it was Franklin's idea?

My take on that is that they should stop being cutesy/gimmicky/talking and show themselves and the fans that they've made adjustments and are going to be better than what we witnessed on Saturday. I, like most everyone else, fell for the shtick, and was fooled. Show me on the field, and not by symbolically burying game tape under the turf.

Really? How asinine are you. Once the team has gone through the tape.....the coaches have evaluated it......the players have had their film sessions......what else are they going to do with it? You think it will "fix the problem" if they put 500 copies of it on the shelf?

Good God almighty......mouth-breathers.

I like that the captains are getting together to do 'something', but clips from this game should be on repeat in every screen in the football facility and locker room as a reminder, every day, of what happened. When Brandon Short, playing as an out of position and undersized DE was manhandled by Orlando Pace, he hung a photo of being pancaked by Pace in his room as a reminder of what he would never let happen again:

Here's the article:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_21884d80-8003-59e5-b4b2-f67d3612db8c.html

Did they put Donovan there with it? (I'm kidding before the uptight types get all offended. ;) ). They shouldn't bury that tape. It should be on a constant loop in the weight room, lounge areas, training table etc all week. They should be forced to face it continually until they are sick of it and fix the issues we've discussed here since Saturday.
eyesopen.jpg

I like that the captains are getting together to do 'something', but clips from this game should be on repeat in every screen in the football facility and locker room as a reminder, every day, of what happened. When Brandon Short, playing as an out of position and undersized DE was manhandled by Orlando Pace, he hung a photo of being pancaked by Pace in his room as a reminder of what he would never let happen again:

Here's the article:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_21884d80-8003-59e5-b4b2-f67d3612db8c.html
Different situations....and not one "for sure" best way to handle them.

You never know until things play out, but a situation like Short's was probably used as self-motivation to get bigger/strong/better from year to year so he wouldn't get his ass kicked again.

I think the BIGGEST (not the only) short-term correctable problem on this offense is above the neck. Getting bigger/stronger/better would sure help (and hopefully we see that over time).....but right now - this season - the biggest improvement (IMHO) is likely to come from this team no longer playing from the fetal position.

Watch the tape, learn from your mistakes, then wash that abortion as far down stream as possible.....I think....is the best way to go. None of that prevents (and - I think - enhances) the ability of the offense to improve in other areas as well.
A "bad head" can be very constipating wrt the ability to improve.

Offending the uptight type or not, that is not the issue. The way our team plays, Donovan should be in it there as well. Let us call a spade a spade. To produce this kind of game result with that kind of pay is totally non-acceptable.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT