ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's only decent 2017 recruit is ineligible?

Nardouchee selling his snake-oil again on full display. He had to know, since our staff did, that Paris' academic standing was going to cut it, but they nonetheless sign him because he's a local kid with 4 stars behind his name. Let's see where he ends up in a year or two, not that Nardo will be around that long to answer any questions. Yet another indication that Pitt's football program will soon be, if not already, on life support.

I hate to step on anyone's toes, but I'm from the class of '97 and Pitt hasn't been relevant since then. Nor were they long before. Or are they now.

For all you old timers, it must have been some kind of rivalry to carry it with you now. Every day.

Of course they are. However, from what I've read, he isn't meeting the NCAA required SAT score, which means he wouldn't be eligible anywhere.

I'm not positive, but I think the required score is somewhere around an 800. Obviously, not all student athletes are gifted with the same level of intelligence. Some also aren't given the same resources to succeed academically. That said, if one is unable to meet the required NCAA test scores, that seems like a bigger issue.
The NCAA uses a sliding scale. The 800 only counts if you have 2.55 GPA in your 16 NCAA core courses (electives can't be used to pad GPA). To qualify immediately and be eligible to play as a freshmen it is now a 2.3 core GPA and 900 SAT. To get an academic red shirt year you must have 2.0 and 1020 SAT.

Reactions: bison13 and PSUoh90
I hate to step on anyone's toes, but I'm from the class of '97 and Pitt hasn't been relevant since then. Nor were they long before. Or are they now.

For all you old timers, it must have been some kind of rivalry to carry it with you now. Every day.
Not all of us. I'm class of 82 and would be perfectly happy to never play them again. Our OOC home and homes should be teams like Oklahoma, not ASWP.

Late Edit to fix a typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember the GPA is based on core courses. Also you need to have a percentage of your core courses completed in your first two years of high school.

Kid started at Central Catholic, moved to Seton LaSalle, then finished up at I think Steel Valley, or one of the lower Alleghenies, can't remember. He needs a bit more guidance. I'm sure in retrospect it was clear that he was never going to make it at Central. He started out behind the 8-ball, because he probably got hammered academically during his year there.

"Pitt and temple Football has had the Higher Athletic Integrity Standards far better than Penn State as the Penn State Scandal exposed, by Freeh Investigation"

I'm assuming this statement didn't originate on this board, but can anyone offer any insight as to where this came from? Not asking where or whom it was posted by, but where the person who posted it got it from.

Where did it come from? It came from where the sun don't shine on the person who originally wrote it.

Even if everyone on here was an excellent student you should not be making fun of an 18 year old.

Why don't you spend your time thinking about how you will beat Pitt this season?

Remember, last season there was allot of smack talking on here and Pitt won.

Here's hoping for a great game that is injury free.

Even if everyone on here was an excellent student you should not be making fun of an 18 year old.

Why don't you spend your time thinking about how you will beat Pitt this season?

Buzz off. How about you tell all your locals who have been "so supportive" of Sanders and Wade, regardless of the fact they picked PSU.

But I agree that nobody should take glee in academic issues.

Last edited:
Two great W PA prospects....Lamont Wade and Paris Ford. The primary difference is that Wade can effectively read and write. Ford is going the prep school route. I guess Ford isn't going to clobber Wade on the football field any time soon. Soooo sorry!

Instead of wasting your time on our message board, why don't you go clean some of the soot off the Cathedral of Learning?

We will beat Pitt's ass this year by showing up (there, we thought about it). And most of the talk last year was that we were young and inexperienced and Pitt had a veteran line and some strong returners so if Pitt was going to win, that would be the year. I guess you didn't read much of the board last year, did you?

Making fun of an 18 year old to make yourself look good is pretty lame.

Two great W PA prospects....Lamont Wade and Paris Ford. The primary difference is that Wade can effectively read and write. Ford is going the prep school route. I guess Ford isn't going to clobber Wade on the football field any time soon. Soooo sorry!

Making fun of an 18 year old to make yourself look good is pretty lame.

I know this will be difficult for you to comprehend but we aren't making fun of the kid. We are making fun of you and your program for lying to the kid and not having his best interest in mind. All while falsely mocking our superior program which always keeps our player's best interest in mind.

I know this will be difficult for you to comprehend but we aren't making fun of the kid. We are making fun of you and your program for lying to the kid and not having his best interest in mind. All while falsely mocking our superior program which always keeps our player's best interest in mind.
Save your words. The Yinzers will never get it. All they know is hate, resentment, jealousy, envy, etc. It kills them that PSU will always be PENNSYLVANIA'S team.

I do not post often but I came on here as a CC Alum as I have heard this bd was making fun of the kid. Very childish.
For the poster who said he was making fun of me (supertodd), the comments were made before I posted so tell me how that is possible.

I do not post often but I came on here as a CC Alum as I have heard this bd was making fun of the kid. Very childish.
For the poster who said he was making fun of me (supertodd), the comments were made before I posted so tell me how that is possible.

You as a fan of your crap school, not you personally. Man are you people dumb.

Reactions: Lefty Hill

Just a question for you...Have you ever read the posts about PSU that your board contributes to the world? The majority are slurs about our culture combined with jokes about pedophilia. Yet you feel the overwhelming need to come here trying to chastise us? Oh, and the fact that you're even able to post here in and of itself is something that most PSU poster are refused on your board because any user name with a Penn State inference is permanently banned.

Reactions: Lefty Hill
That clown is mentally unstable, to be kind. The Lair Liars do love them some Cap'nCrapStain. That board is a cult and he is one of their leaders. Another is WackoPacko. They refer to PSU as a cult, when in fact it is they who exhibit cult like behavior daily.

I read some of the comments directed at you in a thread about Chris Bleich on PL. They are some disgusting human beings (using the term very loosely).

Flossy was probably much smarter than the good 'ol Cap'n.
Thanks Pinchot, but I worked in the construction racket for many years ..."Sticks ,& Stones.....Words, etc......doesn't bother me.

Smack me across the head, that hurts, hang me from the side of a bridge, scream at an ironworker and tell him he doesn't know torque a bolt and comes scurrying from the lower bridge beams to the deck to confront, and tell him I'll kick him in the head if he sticks it up out of the hole. We became good friends. Kevin & I.

I was truly sorry to hear that Kevin Bellas past away earlier this year. He was about 10 years younger than me. He was also a PSU alum.

I just reread the entire thread....please point out the post where he was being made fun of. I haven't seen one either time I've read through the thread.

Alex Bookser's hearing has been continued until August 2. Cant see how he sees the field until October, if he plays for Pitt at all. There's two starters most likely out for the start of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT