Oct 21, 2017
Where all banned posters eventually go.
Pitt Football – Season Ticket Holder Appreciation
Athletics - Pittsburgh Panther Tickets [tickets@athletics.pitt.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 11:20 AM
To:
(Anybody Stupid Enough to be a)
Panthers Season Ticket Holder!

Last week you, and only you, received an offer to our game against North Carolina. Through this offer we had over 2,600 tickets redeemed! Again, we want to reward our loyal and passionate season ticket holders with an exclusive offer. We know that many of you will have family in town to celebrate the holidays and Pitt Athletics would like to provide four free tickets to have them out to enjoy some Panthers Football. Let’s make every effort to fill Heinz Field and support our graduating seniors and their families!

(end email)

I think it's interesting that they could only give away 2600 completely free tickets, in blocks of 4. That means only 650 season ticket holders bothered to take them.

I know, I know. Pitt obsession. But still, you have to admit that it's proof positive that their program is near extinction, when they have to literally give away tickets against the #3 team in the country. Clearly, they have given up on having any pride.

If/when they lose to VA Tech this weekend and are eliminated from a bowl game, they're going to need to include a free beverage with those free tickets. And if the weather doesn't cooperate...wow, there's gonna be a ton of yellow.

To:

Last week you, and only you, received an offer to our game against North Carolina. Through this offer we had over 2,600 tickets redeemed! Again, we want to reward our loyal and passionate season ticket holders with an exclusive offer. We know that many of you will have family in town to celebrate the holidays and Pitt Athletics would like to provide four free tickets to have them out to enjoy some Panthers Football. Let’s make every effort to fill Heinz Field and support our graduating seniors and their families!

(end email)

I think it's interesting that they could only give away 2600 completely free tickets, in blocks of 4. That means only 650 season ticket holders bothered to take them.

I know, I know. Pitt obsession. But still, you have to admit that it's proof positive that their program is near extinction, when they have to literally give away tickets against the #3 team in the country. Clearly, they have given up on having any pride.
Wonder how many season ticket holders lost $2 when no one bought them off stub hub.

To:

(end email)

But... that means that EVERY Pitt season ticket holder took the 4 free tickets!

Reactions: heckmans and Ski
Enjoy some Panthers football?? "Enjoy" isn't the proper terminology. "Suffer through" would be appropriate.

How many Pitt season ticket holders are going to stop paying full price for the tickets next year since Pitt is giving them out for free? Why bother?

shrug.gif

Reactions: psu00 and john4psu
If I was forced to take either free Pitt tickets or a McRib, I'd take the tickets. The McRib is effing gross.
The McRib sandwich.,...the ultimate gourmet delight! Nothing like a disguised, reshaped sausage patty swimming in lousy BBQ sauce covered in raw onions. Yum!!!! I can't believe anybody would buy one after previously having one!

To:

(end email)

Fill Heinz Field.

Newsflash: pitt doesn't play Penn State tomorrow.

Pitt's attendance problem is an ongoing joke. People don't show up even though they have season tickets. They struggle to give tickets away. They have to offer free beverages to get students to stay. They blatantly lie about actual attendance AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. The last game attendance was a disgrace. People sleep in the stands. And next week against #3 Miami will have more MIAMI fans there than Pitt fans. Their new AD has a nightmare to deal with. Pitt is a national joke.

Reactions: psu00 and john4psu
Pitt's attendance problem is an ongoing joke. People don't show up even though they have season tickets. They struggle to give tickets away. They have to offer free beverages to get students to stay. They blatantly lie about actual attendance AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. The last game attendance was a disgrace. People sleep in the stands. And next week against #3 Miami will have more MIAMI fans there than Pitt fans. Their new AD has a nightmare to deal with. Pitt is a national joke.

I don't think Pitt is a "national" anything.

Reactions: OaktonDave
If/when they lose to VA Tech this weekend and are eliminated from a bowl game, they're going to need to include a free beverage with those free tickets. And if the weather doesn't cooperate...wow, there's gonna be a ton of yellow.

The Pit that is Pitt ...
There is at least one thing we can all count on in life.... the infinite downward spiral of Pitt.

To:

(end email)

When you play or root for Pitt, pride most certainly is not involved.

To:

(end email)

Who knows, next year they may start paying folks to come.

To:

(end email)

I made some edits:

NewPitt Football – Season Ticket Holder Appreciation
To: Hugh Jassull - Panthers Season Ticket Holder!

Last week you, and only you, received an offer to witness our triumphant humbling beat-down at the hands of academic-integrity icon North Carolina. Through this offer we had over 202,600 tickets redeemed! Again, we want to reward our deluded and largely invisible season ticket holders with yet another curious yet titillating offer. We know that many of you will have work-release to celebrate the holidays and Pitt Athletics would like to provide forty free tickets to have you trick others to come out to enjoy some Panthers Football. Let’s make every effort to help mitigate the shame of playing Div1 CFB in an empty stadium and help cover the rent to Heinz Field. Oh yeah, let's not forget to support our seniors and their attorneys! For those of you who have the perseverence to stay for the entire game - we will give you a glass of soda pop and a commemorative Lincoln medallion.

(end email)

Who knows, next year they may start paying folks to come.
They're going to give students three credit hours for each game they attend and remain until the end. It's also going to be a required course to graduate.

There are posters on the Liar....that claim they sold their tickets for the UNC game. Really? What would the going rate be for such ticket?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT