ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Season Tickets

irncty

May 29, 2001
Melbourne
Thier front page is crediting Pitt's strong recruiting for increased season ticket sales. In all actuality, the real reason is because Penn Staters are buying them because they are a cheap way to acquire a single game ticket.

I wonder what next year's explanation will be for the substantial drop.

Reactions: h8ru
I have a friend who got two Pitt season tickets today. Claims at his tailgate he's going to burn all the other tickets in lieu of trying to sell them. Too funny. I'll catch the Pitters in 2017 because I'm not going to give them a nickle and I know I'd have to at least buy a dog or two.

former Lion Adam Gress tweeted the other day that he purchased Pitt season tickets because it was cheaper than buying a single game ticket for the PSU game.

Adam Gress is an idiot. Pitt season tickets are $147 for the cheapest ticket. PSU single game tickets are $95 for non club level.

But do you have to buy 2 stinker games to be able to get the PSU tickets? Is there no bundle this year by Pitt?

From what I know, there's no bundle but to be honest, between the season ticket sales and the ability for current season ticket holders to purchase additional tickets based on the number of current season tickets they have (if available) there won't be any general sales tickets for this game. Stubhub is probably the best way to go, unless you want to pay 147 for the upper north endzone bleachers (ugh, very tacky Mr Rooney).

Adam Gress is an idiot. Pitt season tickets are $147 for the cheapest ticket. PSU single game tickets are $95 for non club level.

There will never be a ticket available for $95. The best you could do is a 3 game mini plan with PSU, Marshall, and Villanova for $135. You might as well by the full season for $147. The cheapest single ticket on stubhub is $160 plus fees. Adam Gress is pretty smart.

Reactions: ALion4Life
the tickets haven't even been distributed yet. Gress is an idiot. You won't be paying $160 for the cheapest seat come Sept.

the tickets haven't even been distributed yet. Gress is an idiot. You won't be paying $160 for the cheapest seat come Sept.

He has guaranteed tickets, and the ability to sell them and make back money if he desires. At current minimum asking price, which is conservative, just for comparison...

Villanova: $14
Marshall: $18
GT: $23
VT: $23
Duke:$18
Syracuse: $12
Total: $108

So his ticket cost ~$39, and it's guaranteed. Smart man. If he is able to buy more single game PSU tickets and sell them to idiots who waited, he could easily make money on this.

Reactions: Sullivan
The increase in ticket sales were from season ticket holders last year adding seats or someone who already donated to the school or school employees. Season tickets went on sale today to the public. Individual seats will go on sale to the public at a later date but season ticket holders have the option to buy an extra seat for each ticket they bought.

Reactions: BPXCIV
the poster said that Gress bought season tickets because it was cheaper than buying a single game seat to PSU and that is flat out wrong. Period. If he wants to sell them on stubhub, then you are comparing apples to oranges, chief. If anyone is looking for a single game ticket only, stubhub prior to the game will have plenty under that price. I've played the stubhub game for years at many different venues with high demand.

and if he thinks he's getting $14 for Villanova nosebleeds, hell lets be honest, any of those games save for VT for those prcies, that itself would exclude him of being knowledgeable.

Reactions: 2atpsu
the poster said that Gress bought season tickets because it was cheaper than buying a single game seat to PSU and that is flat out wrong. Period. If he wants to sell them on stubhub, then you are comparing apples to oranges, chief. If anyone is looking for a single game ticket only, stubhub prior to the game will have plenty under that price. I've played the stubhub game for years at many different venues with high demand.

The fact you have to come here to argue whether a single game at PennState is as much as season tickets at Pitt is comical

no, i'm actually here to provide some facts to help people make educated decisions and not waste their money but hey mikey flame away!

Now you are trying to backpedal. I don't blame you for doing so after being proven wrong with facts. I mean this is the internet where people never have to admit they are wrong. You simply just have to go off topic and insult me.

If he is not a season ticket holder, he has no option to buy $95 tickets. His only option is $160 (plus fees) for a ticket. So you are flat out wrong. Period. Sure there might be single game tickets prices for slightly under $147... maybe if he got lucky. But to ignore the fact that he could sell, use, gift, or burn the rest of them is ridiculous. You want to compare having tickets now vs. waiting and hoping he gets them later. That is the apples to oranges, chief. I've played the stubhub game for years at many different venues with high demand... he made the right move.

no, i'm actually here to provide some facts to help people make educated decisions and not waste their money but hey mikey flame away!

I'd rather buy season tickets to Pitt just so I can throw the others away, but thanks for the advice

Now you are trying to backpedal. I don't blame you for doing so after being proven wrong with facts. I mean this is the internet where people never have to admit they are wrong. You simply just have to go off topic and insult me.

If he is not a season ticket holder, he has no option to buy $95 tickets. His only option is $160 (plus fees) for a ticket. So you are flat out wrong. Period. Sure there might be single game tickets prices for slightly under $147... maybe if he got lucky. But to ignore the fact that he could sell, use, gift, or burn the rest of them is ridiculous. You want to compare having tickets now vs. waiting and hoping he gets them later. That is the apples to oranges, chief. I've played the stubhub game for years at many different venues with high demand... he made the right move.
backpedal what? He's not forced into anything. You are looking at stubhub prices in Feb? Talk about delusional. I have some barrier islands to sell you. He's getting boned but I'm sure Pitt is happy for the money.

Thier front page is crediting Pitt's strong recruiting for increased season ticket sales. In all actuality, the real reason is because Penn Staters are buying them because they are a cheap way to acquire a single game ticket.

I wonder what next year's explanation will be for the substantial drop.
All I know is that down here in NC, Pitt vs unc or Pitt vs Duke tix are given away in all sports. Imagine Penn State playing UNC in Chapel Hill. We would overwhelm the bars on Franklin Street.

backpedal what? He's not forced into anything. You are looking at stubhub prices in Feb? Talk about delusional. I have some barrier islands to sell you. He's getting boned but I'm sure Pitt is happy for the money.

Well thanks for you ill informed opinion. Enjoy paying more for your tickets than Adam!

and if he thinks he's getting $14 for Villanova nosebleeds, hell lets be honest, any of those games save for VT for those prcies, that itself would exclude him of being knowledgeable.
posted on Pitt Athletics Twitter site https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cas9Wc7XEAA4xV-.jpg

Cas9Wc7XEAA4xV-.jpg

Why, because we sent him you?

I called it a few posts back, you lost on the facts so you would turn to insults.
Sigh. We can revisit this in late August. I will reinterate two things..I know it is hard for you to comprehend. 1. Upper level end zone seats will not be 147 on stub hub prior to the game. 2. He has a better chance of winning the lottery than getting anything over the price of a soda for the other games. Have a great night!

Sigh. We can revisit this in late August. I will reinterate two things..I know it is hard for you to comprehend. 1. Upper level end zone seats will not be 147 on stub hub prior to the game. 2. He has a better chance of winning the lottery than getting anything over the price of a soda for the other games. Have a great night!
Face it, Pitt has no meaningful following, it is PITTiful. No real paying customer fan base....

Reactions: m48tank
Pitt's fanbase attendance is middle of the road in terms of the ncaa. They aren't a large rural state school and never will be. Heinz Field is too big for them. 45K stadium comparable to GT or BC is what they need. Coincidence that all 3 are urban schools? Nope.

God, they aren't milking this game at all at Pitt are they?? :rolleyes: $95 a ticket for a Pitt game (with the rest of the games on their schedule like $14- $25 a ticket)?

Buy a Penn St ticket for $95. Get all the rest of pitt's home games for the entire season for a combined $52 (that's $8.67 a ticket). :D

God, they aren't milking this game at all at Pitt are they?? :rolleyes: $95 a ticket for a Pitt game (with the rest of the games on their schedule like $14- $25 a ticket)?

Buy a Penn St ticket for $95. Get all the rest of pitt's home games for the entire season for a combined $52 (that's $8.67 a ticket). :D

The funny thing is Chris Peak keeps tweeting that Pitt's recruiting momentum has led to a boost in season ticket sales and they are looking to break records....recruiting lol...the fans that care about recruiting were already at the games. Fans are buying tickets for one of two reasons 1. They are Penn State fans. 2. They can basically get 6 free tickets after they purchase the penn state game

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
The funny thing is Chris Peak keeps tweeting that Pitt's recruiting momentum has led to a boost in season ticket sales and they are looking to break records....recruiting lol...the fans that care about recruiting were already at the games. Fans are buying tickets for one of two reasons 1. They are Penn State fans. 2. They can basically get 6 free tickets after they purchase the penn state game

True. It has nothing to do with their recruiting. It wasn't highly ranked at all. However, don't underestimate the Yinzer factor.

There are plenty of people in Pittsburgh who call themselves Pitt fans but they never go anywhere near Pitt. They will, however, come out in droves to root against Penn St.

There is a very large portion of their fan based raised on pure hatred of anything Penn State. Just look at their posters on this board. They quote the last game score (between 2 pretty bad teams in an utterly meaningless game) as if it was a Super Bowl upset of epic proportions. They also come here listing the game date (that most here couldn't tell you). They live for this game as the most important thing ever. Reality is it will likely be a meaningless game between 2 average teams again.

That's why Judas Joiner or was it Sandy that did Pitt a big favor in terms of increased ticket sales = $ in Pitt's coffers. Plus, guess which game they'll show off to recruits? Penn State will sell the place out and give that sterile otherwise empty pro stadium located in a concrete wasteland some atmosphere which they'll use to show recruits. Every other home game for Pitt will be lucky to have 30,000 fans in Heinz Field.

Reactions: AJ65
BPXCIV said:

Sigh. You can get sideline seats for $147, and once you take in to account the value, whatever it may be to him, of the rest of the tickets... He will make out. That alone wins the argument, but I really just want to rub it in. If he can buy extra PSU tickets and sell them to suckers who waited, he might actually make money. Plus, some of us have been successful enough in life that having tickets in hand, in a giant block of friends and family now, is better than possibly saving $10 a seat on scattered pairs in August. Maybe someday kid, you'll get there too if you learn to have an open mind.

I know this is all hard for you to comprehend, but you'll see in August. I'm guessing you will disappear as quickly as you appeared.

Reactions: Sullivan
What's the fascination with pitt on this site. If they aren't any threat at all. Why all the attention.

Why do you keep asking the same question we've already answered? When Pitt is being made fun of, it's not good attention.

cool! I hope he bought 20 of them. Better yet, get club seats while he's at it. EJ would thank him.

Should be a fun and competitive game, could go either way.

Regarding tickets, PITT is certainly going to use this game in marketing forever. I wouldn't be surprised if their isn't a large "P" in the student section during the game for a white or black out. It will be used as here look we play in a full stadium for years to come.

Unless you had season tickets last year, you could not buy a season ticket package until yesterday. And until March, the only tickets available are those that were not sold last year (Pitt is allowing last year's season ticket holders to renew and add seats until March). I have no doubts that a few Penn State fans/alums bought Pitt season tickets yesterday, but if they said they had done so prior to yesterday, they are either liars or have been Pitt season ticket holders for more than just this season.

Point being, Penn State did not contribute to the numbers being reported yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjcst27 and KDR033
Unless you had season tickets last year, you could not buy a season ticket package until yesterday. And until March, the only tickets available are those that were not sold last year (Pitt is allowing last year's season ticket holders to renew and add seats until March). I have no doubts that a few Penn State fans/alums bought Pitt season tickets yesterday, but if they said they had done so prior to yesterday, they are either liars or have been Pitt season ticket holders for more than just this season.

Point being, Penn State did not contribute to the numbers being reported yet.

So they are being bought up by pitt fans in order to scalp the psu ticket to penn state fans. That's ok, we can afford it. Either way, it's not like more people will be at any of the other games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT