ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

The losses per season have been trending up for Pat, if that trend continues, he will have a losing record by the end of this season. Narduzzi is just above 0.500 (28-24) as a head coach, thanks to a couple of extremely lucky upsets (Clemson and PSU) in 2016. Had those games not been completely handed to Pitt, he would be sitting at 26-26.
The PSU game wasnt an upset. Pitt was favored by three points in that game.

Every team has its delusional media whores, but Dokish and Peak are in a class by themselves.
Dokish & Peak are perfect for Pitt...clueless, delusional & unprofessional, to boot. Lucky for them, very few people care about Pitt football, so they probably have a fair amount of job security.

If anyone needs evidence of how delusional they are, just reread that damn thread from above. 51-6 was simply an anomaly because of a horrible day for their punter? Scratch the delusional claim...perhaps Dokish is simply a moron.

Injuries suck in general, man.

That's one of my biggest fears during camp and these early cupcake games - never want to see one of your best players go down with a significant injury during meaningless play.

The losses per season have been trending up for Pat, if that trend continues, he will have a losing record by the end of this season. Narduzzi is just above 0.500 (28-24) as a head coach, thanks to a couple of extremely lucky upsets (Clemson and PSU) in 2016. Had those games not been completely handed to Pitt, he would be sitting at 26-26.
Pretty amazing considering where he coaches

Yeah, I’m wasn’t seeing why Pitt fans were so high on their defense this year. Yeah, there defense probably would have been significantly better than that god-awful D they had a few years ago but that is like saying a 200LB girl looks “hot” compared to the 300LB girl. Even is Weaver turned out to be the best DE that ever played the game, I doubt it would have made much difference to Pitt’s final record. They went 7-6 during Aaron Donald’s senior year and I doubt Weaver would have had anywhere near as dominant year as Donald had in 2013.
I honestly can say I never heard of Weaver...was he really slated to be that good?

Yeah, he's probably their best defensive player, if not their best player overall. He was a kid that originally committed to Michigan, and then was processed out late by Harbaugh, hence he landed at Pitt. It's a very, very big loss for them. They have literally no talent behind him.

Sucks for the kid, that's for sure. First you get dumped by Michigan and end up at Pitt, and then when it's your turn to shine you get a ripped ACL. Dude has had some bad luck.

It gives the Pitt stooges a good excuse that they will use when they go 3-8, though.

Weaver was one of the players that had their scholarship pulled last minute from Jimbo...

CZnMGCSW0AEwgjz

The PSU game wasnt an upset. Pitt was favored by three points in that game.

Three points is typically given for home field advantage. So odds makers thought the two teams were even. An injury depleted PSU roster got off to a bad start, and dug themselves into a hole. Once they woke up, they simply dominated the game. PSU had a WR drop the game winning TD, and later in the game a bad route caused an INT when PSU was in chip shot FG range only down by 3. Pitt fans were streaming for the exits right before that INT. Pitt was not built to come back via the 2 minute drill, and PSU would have had all the momentum in OT. It just depends on how you define the word "upset". I don't really care what the early season odds makers thought pre-game. It was clear by the end of the game that PSU was the better team, that point isn't even debatable by the end of the season. Pitt beat a team they shouldn't have, hence it was an upset.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Yeah, he's probably their best defensive player, if not their best player overall. He was a kid that originally committed to Michigan, and then was processed out late by Harbaugh, hence he landed at Pitt. It's a very, very big loss for them. They have literally no talent behind him.

Sucks for the kid, that's for sure. First you get dumped by Michigan and end up at Pitt, and then when it's your turn to shine you get a ripped ACL. Dude has had some bad luck.

It gives the Pitt stooges a good excuse that they will use when they go 3-8, though.
Man, I absolutely wish the best for the kid. He's worked hard, seems like a great individual, and got hosed by Michigan too late to make the best recovery from it. Hope he recovers quickly and fully.

As for that team, from their schedule 7-5 looks like their absolute ceiling, and that's if just every little thing from here on out goes their way. 6-6 is achievable, 5-7 seems about right, and it could be worse. 4-8 means lots more went wrong but it's possible. As tired as I am of dealing with that fan base, I don't want our SOS to take that big a hit. They'd be a lock for 4-8 in the B1G East.

Three points is typically given for home field advantage. So odds makers thought the two teams were even. An injury depleted PSU roster got off to a bad start, and dug themselves into a hole. Once they woke up, they simply dominated the game. PSU had a WR drop the game winning TD, and later in the game a bad route caused an INT when PSU was in chip shot FG range only down by 3. Pitt fans were streaming for the exits right before that INT. Pitt was not built to come back via the 2 minute drill, and PSU would have had all the momentum in OT. It just depends on how you define the word "upset". I don't really care what the early season odds makers thought pre-game. It was clear by the end of the game that PSU was the better team, that point isn't even debatable by the end of the season. Pitt beat a team they shouldn't have, hence it was an upset.
LINE was -3 1/2 at most books and some had Pitt at -4. Vegas thought Pitt had the better team that day and apparently they were.

Gonna hurt when Pitt loses by 30 or so this fall, isn't it?
I understand PSU is breaking in a bunch of new players, but I might actually be disappointed if they only win by 30. I hope Franklin runs the game like PSU is down 4 late in the 4th. For all 60 minutes. Even if it's with second/third stringers in garbage time. For this game, the hell with sportsmanship and not running up the score.

I understand PSU is breaking in a bunch of new players, but I might actually be disappointed if they only win by 30. I hope Franklin runs the game like PSU is down 4 late in the 4th. For all 60 minutes. Even if it's with second/third stringers in garbage time. For this game, the hell with sportsmanship and not running up the score.
Franklin is not shy about making a statement.

LINE was -3 1/2 at most books and some had Pitt at -4. Vegas thought Pitt had the better team that day and apparently they were.

Yet PSU was clearly the better team, that day and that season. What were the two teams ranked at the end of the season? Pitt was lucky that PSU handed them the game. Let’s also not forget what happened when the teams played in 2017 and 2018. Pitt was absolutely humiliated... so stop clinging to a lucky win in 2016. PSU has won 9 of the last 11 meetings, get ready for 10 of 12.

Yet PSU was clearly the better team, that day and that season. What were the two teams ranked at the end of the season? Pitt was lucky that PSU handed them the game. Let’s also not forget what happened when the teams played in 2017 and 2018. Pitt was absolutely humiliated... so stop clinging to a lucky win in 2016. PSU has won 9 of the last 11 meetings, get ready for 10 of 12.
The poster you responded to is a WVU fan not a Pitt fan...so he has a couple years before his humiliation.

How can west virginia athletic supporters deliver pizzas when their cars are on blocks in the front lawn?

:eek:
Most of us don't have "lawns" down here.Psu is barely ahead in the all time series and you guys are bragging like you have a superior football program!It stands at 48-9-2 thats not too bad!

Reactions: psugisher and Grass
How can west virginia athletic supporters deliver pizzas when their cars are on blocks in the front lawn?

:eek:
Now, now. Stop ripping WV. We're every bit as redneck as they are. Still better than some Pitt and Philly fans which literally find hate in Santa Claus. :confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: ELDADDY
i would like to add York County to the mix. With it's quaint combination of Little Appalachia on our west border (homes built without running water or electricity), the Klan presence in Southern York Co, the former mayor of York charged with murder during the York race riots or the murder of our last witch in 1928. York Co has it all

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT