ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt’s very sophisticated offense is in full effect again tonight.

For playoff perception, they are nothing burgers on par with Kent or Youngstown. That’s the problem. Both teams are better than that perception, but it doesn’t work out that way with the “experts”. So if you’re only going to get credit for beating a Kent or Youngstown, you might as well just play a Kent or Youngstown and get a home game without traveling to their place.
BS.

Wait all you want . Don’t care. But saying besting WVU is the same as Youngstown St is BS. Just a fact.
In the eyes of the playoff committee and the talking heads it’s the same. “They played no one OOC” is what you’ll hear whether we played Youngstown St or WVU.

Reactions: mcpat
The only downside of attending the game tonight is not flipping to see haw Duzzy’s NFL, sophisticated offense is matching up against a team with a pulse tonight.

Ah, alas, I’ll have it recorded for enjoyment tomorrow afternoon …..!!!

But it is dreary in SC right now….:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: JimNazium
This argument has been ongoing for years, what makes you think it’s going to be resolved today? Or by 2399 for that matter.
Actually, it’s a very simple answer: if Pitt wants to play 2 or more in Beaver Stadium for every game at Pitt then yes, it’s resolved.

Reactions: Ski
So, I saw you recently on the LAIR giving "likes" to posts referring to us as peds, ped u, etc. Could you please explain or I do need to screen shot those and post hear for you to remember?
He is probably just trying to fit in.

The only downside of attending the game tonight is not flipping to see haw Duzzy’s NFL, sophisticated offense is matching up against a team with a pulse tonight.

Ah, alas, I’ll have it recorded for enjoyment tomorrow afternoon …..!!!

But it is dreary in SC right now….:confused:
Didn’t bet it but this is the kind of game Pitt plays well.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
So, I saw you recently on the LAIR giving "likes" to posts referring to us as peds, ped u, etc. Could you please explain or I do need to screen shot those and post hear for you to remember?
Feel free to post the screen shots. I honestly don’t remember which thread you’re referring to.

Edit: Yeah, I went back through my likes from the last week and can’t find it. Feel free to call my bluff and reference it on here if I’m overlooking it.

Last edited:
@Agoodnap I believe I found the likes you were referring to. It was from a thread on Aug. 29th titled "Ped St Still Afraid LOL" in which I liked several posts saying that Penn State is not, in fact, afraid to play Pitt. There was also one comment on Aug. 23rd I liked that said "Pitt needs to adopt the Ped St (scheduling) formula," which was again me taking Penn State's side in a discussion.

A bit disingenuous, no? I come here in good faith to discuss football with my fellow Pennsylvania brethren. I appreciate those on here who reciprocate.

In the eyes of the playoff committee and the talking heads it’s the same. “They played no one OOC” is what you’ll hear whether we played Youngstown St or WVU.

Based on what? Your perception?
A bad team is a bad team
Looks like Youngstown St beat Texas Tech tonight.

Oh… wait a minute…..that was WVU.

Reactions: doctornick
For my PSU friends: Jurkovec got cheap-shotted at the end of the first half and has not returned to the game. Veilleux will be taking over; he had one pass (completion for 15 yards) that set Pitt up for a field goal.

Because Greene is out. I told everyone the best thing that happened to WVU is Greene not playing because it forces them to stay primarily on the ground. Watch what happens when he returns
So WVU is no different than YState……unless their starting QB gets hurt.🥴 Then they are way better…..

So WVU is no different than YState……unless their starting QB gets hurt.🥴 Then they are way better…..
They're still not different. The committee isn't going to value a win against either of them. WVU isn't good but they're able to beat other bad teams when Greene isn't playing. I said from day one Greeen was the worst part of that team. Nothing has changed.

• Haha
Wvu is 3-1
Lots of bad teams have 3 wins right now
Wasn't everyone just saying how Colorado sucks? Do you want a list of 3-1 teams or do you just want to pretend beating Duquesne Pitt and TTU makes you good. How many wins do those 3 teams have?

But I read on here they were only going to win three games all year.
No I didn't. I said it was more likely they started 1-5 then won 8. And they'd be 1-3 right now if Greene was playing. As bad as Pitt they were losing when he left...predictably.

Just keep shouting at the wind. Those games do not help PSU. The only charity PSU should do is the non P5 because they don't require a home game at their place. Get Pitt or WVU or whoever you are a fan of to play only at PSU and I’m with you.

PSU fan and alumnus, Class of 1986!

Every win helps PSU......and a P5 win >>> a G5 win >>> a FCS win.....and it's not even close.

I really don't care about WVU but would like to see Pitt every year because I enjoy the beatdown at a rate of 75% since birth. That said, I don't lose sleep over not playing Pitt.

I get that you're afraid of Pitt, and that's OK.

College football is all about tradition and nostalgia......are you new to the sport?
Are you stuck in the past? If college football was about tradition we wouldn't have the realignment going on. Nostalgia is great but it blinds people from providing a fair assessment.

Playing Pitt does nothing for us. They beat us once a decade that one win is all they care about and it doesn't add to our resume.

Reactions: bison13
Are you stuck in the past? If college football was about tradition we wouldn't have the realignment going on. Nostalgia is great but it blinds people from providing a fair assessment.

Playing Pitt does nothing for us. They beat us once a decade that one win is all they care about and it doesn't add to our resume.

I get that you are also afraid of Pitt, and that's OK.

I get that you are also afraid of Pitt, and that's OK.
How am I afraid of Pitt--I said we'd beat them at least 9 out of 10 times
The reality is you want to live in the 80s--that era of college football is dead. Deader than dead.
Playing Pitt doesn't do anything for us. At all. I'd say you'd see that someday but you won't

Reactions: bison13
So have yinz decided if Penn State should play Pitt or not yet?
Would like PSU to play PITT if it could be worked out , but

1) I wish it could be in late November like the old days. It doesn't seem right for there not to have snow, cold weather and see the players' breath

2) PSU doesn't get allot of credit for beating Pitt. I was at a wedding in Minnesota in 1999 and was watching the PSU-Pitt game before the ceremony. Someone noticed the game was close and remarked to me "I thought Penn state was supposed to be good this year". I had to explain that it was a rivalry.

3) So many rivalries have bitten the dust since PSU joined the B1G and all the realignments started. This is just one of them.

PSU fan and alumnus, Class of 1986!

Every win helps PSU......and a P5 win >>> a G5 win >>> a FCS win.....and it's not even close.

I really don't care about WVU but would like to see Pitt every year because I enjoy the beatdown at a rate of 75% since birth. That said, I don't lose sleep over not playing Pitt.

I get that you're afraid of Pitt, and that's OK.
Bless your heart.

• Haha
How am I afraid of Pitt--I said we'd beat them at least 9 out of 10 times
The reality is you want to live in the 80s--that era of college football is dead. Deader than dead.
Playing Pitt doesn't do anything for us. At all. I'd say you'd see that someday but you won't

You're clearly afraid of losing 1 in 10 games. As I stated above, I would like to see Pitt every year because I enjoy the beatdown at a rate of 75% since birth, but I don't lose sleep over not playing Pitt....so, like in many threads where you post, you are dead wrong once again.....deader than dead, actually.....regarding what you think is "reality".

Feel free to list the names of the pollsters and CFP committee members that told you playing Pitt does nothing at all for PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT