ADVERTISEMENT

Pico gets knocked out

I boxed a few years. Never did MMA and never got hit with those MMA gloves. But it seems to me that it takes less of a punch (maybe much less) to hurt a guy in MMA. And it doesn't make sense that all these guys have weak chins. I'd say though that Pico's chin is shaky at best. But he wades in like a boxer looking to mix it up and with those MMA gloves, it seems like only a matter of time. Good defense seems more important in MMA.
I'm making a generalization, but boxers typically aren't hurt by the punches they see coming. It's the ones they don't see that their brain doesn't process. But with those MMA gloves, it seems like any punch can hurt a guy.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if Pico has boxing experience, it's almost like a detriment to him because he ain't getting hit with 8 - 10 ounce softer padded gloves.
The MMA gloves seem almost more humane because they get a guy out of there quick and they don't/can't absorb 100s of blows to the head.

It's kind of baffling to me as well with why he doesn't want to use his wrestling skills, which there is a far greater gap between him and his opponent, during a fight. It just seems like he never even wanted to be a wrestler. All the evidence points to him always wanting to be a fighter, not a wrestler.

He was raised from an early age to be a MMA fighter and everything has been geared toward that end goal. That's why he dropped out of high school to finish online and skipped college. One of the main reasons he had international wrestling aspirations was the potential name recognition he could bring to MMA with an Olympic Gold medal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT