ADVERTISEMENT

Pico gets knocked out

First round

Pico came out strong and looked good. Connected on an uppercut and knocked down corrales with an upper cut. Pico tried to KO corrales and got careless. Corrales put together a 3 punch combination that knocked Pico out. Fight stopped around 90 seconds into the first round

Pico is the poster child for poor parental guidance. Every move they have made since he was 17 has been wrong.

Pico gets knocked the ****out more than Glass Joe. Good call choosing MMA over wrestling...

Reactions: diggerpup
Lol - the King of Cocky got KTFO’d. It’s of note that he really hasn’t tried to wrestle in any of his fights. How is your elite stand-up game working out for you in the beginner league Aaron?

Reactions: lionlover
I guess we all wish he had gone to college and wrestled. But I’ve gotten over that everyone needs to obtain a degree and higher education. They don’t. In some disciplines everyone is so educated that their role requires even higher education. Nurses, Teachers and more. “If everyone has supper powers then no one will be super” “well....the world needs ditch diggers,too”

If someone has a plan, let them work their plan and plan their work.

Pico could still return to wrestling if he chooses. Today he has sponsors and opportunity to fight....he earns a living. He has tremendous punching power and so far his defense needs improvement to protect a suspect chin. That doesn’t mean he’s going to fail. Good athletes make adjustments. Ed Ruth will make adjustments. Conor McGregor will make adjustments. Then we will see what happens long term.

In the end, we have plenty of college athletes who place zero value on an education and should just be somewhere else. We have walk-on athletes who absolutely value an education and pay their way to play. We had a chance to choose our path. Pico has not only chosen his, but he’s doing it without throwing people under a bus and exhibiting nastiness.

I’ll keep watching him, and I suspect he will be around for a while.

I guess we all wish he had gone to college and wrestled. But I’ve gotten over that everyone needs to obtain a degree and higher education. They don’t. In some disciplines everyone is so educated that their role requires even higher education. Nurses, Teachers and more. “If everyone has supper powers then no one will be super” “well....the world needs ditch diggers,too”

Pico could still return to wrestling if he chooses. Today he has sponsors and opportunity to fight....he earns a living. He has tremendous punching power and so far his defense needs improvement to protect a suspect chin. That doesn’t mean he’s going to fail. Good athletes make adjustments. Ed Ruth will make adjustments. Conor McGregor will make adjustments. Then we will see what happens long term.

In the end, we have plenty of college athletes who place zero value on an education and should just be somewhere else. We have walk-on athletes who absolutely value an education and pay their way to play. We had a chance to choose our path. Pico has not only chosen his, but he’s doing it without throwing people under a bus and exhibiting nastiness.

yeah, but mma is dumb, and wrestling is awesome!:D

f

Agree 100%. Although there are plenty of keyboard warriors tripping over themselves to throw Pico under any number of transit options.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof

Awesome post, but he won’t be around awhile , not taking hits like that

He will be around. he almost won this fight and has dominated everyone since his first loss...
On the one hand, Tommy Hearns had a great career even with a weak jaw. On the other hand, it took the best of the best to expose Hearns’ weakness. Pico is getting exposed already by journeymen ...

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
He will be around. he almost won this fight and has dominated everyone since his first loss.

I am actually impressed with his demeanor in taking the media punishment after the fight.

Listen to his comments about..L-O-S-I-N-G,

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...-knockout-loss-to-henry-corrales-it-sucks-bad

How many times can you get brutally knocked da f**k out and be ok though is what I’m trying to say, I know he’s a huge talent. But the fight game ain’t a long term deal

He will be around. he almost won this fight and has dominated everyone bad

I know next to nothing about MMA, but it didn’t look to me like he almost won this fight. Wasn’t it early in the match? And from the little I saw he didn’t do much before. But maybe I missed it. Did he almost have him?

Pico could probably win and be boring like 99% of elite wrestlers in their transition to MMA. Love that he is throwing caution to the wind. Certainly hasn't been in a boring fight yet, love him for that.

Pico could probably win and be boring like 99% of elite wrestlers in their transition to MMA. Love that he is throwing caution to the wind. Certainly hasn't been in a boring fight yet, love him for that.

Um....His first fight he was choked and tapped out real quick, wasn’t exactly full of fireworks

Yes, but amateur boxing scoring is defensively about not getting hit at all. Dodging, blocking with your gloves, etc.
Are you also defending takedowns and chokes? Not being a smartass, it's just a different world. That's what many boxers who move to MMA find out rather quickly.
Pico has elite wrestling talent and doesn't use it. Baffling. Wear that dude down and then stand with him.

Are you also defending takedowns and chokes? Not being a smartass, it's just a different world. That's what many boxers who move to MMA find out rather quickly.
Pico has elite wrestling talent and doesn't use it. Baffling. Wear that dude down and then stand with him.

It's kind of baffling to me as well with why he doesn't want to use his wrestling skills, which there is a far greater gap between him and his opponent, during a fight. It just seems like he never even wanted to be a wrestler. All the evidence points to him always wanting to be a fighter, not a wrestler.

I hate Chipotle

Let me clarify this, I like de Gallo just not dis guyo.

images

Last edited:
has he ever tried to take his opponent down? i've only seen the "highlights" which have all be standing. maybe he's afraid to shoot when the opponent has the option of kneeing him in the head as he does it? i know that would scare me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT