ADVERTISEMENT

Phillippi to Virginia

Great choice of college, wish him all the best of luck (except against us of course)

Appears that PSU was more involved with Phillippi than I realized, or had been reported. An interesting article, with a lot of quotes from Phillippi, in the Indiana Gazette, which can be accessed at THIS LINK.

Phillippi was named as 1 of the 2 Westmoreland Tribune-Review Athletes of the Year. You can read about it at THIS LINK.

From the article:

The Virginia wrestling program has had an influx of Westmoreland County wrestlers. What are your thoughts?

It's going to be cool to be on a team that I know a lot of the wrestlers: Sam Krivus, Jake Shaffer, Dom Scalise and Cam Coy. Penn State was one of my top choices, I felt more at home at Virginia. I can go to a school and get a shot to compete early.

Phillippi was named as 1 of the 2 Westmoreland Tribune-Review Athletes of the Year. You can read about it at THIS LINK.

From the article:

The Virginia wrestling program has had an influx of Westmoreland County wrestlers. What are your thoughts?

It's going to be cool to be on a team that I know a lot of the wrestlers: Sam Krivus, Jake Shaffer, Dom Scalise and Cam Coy. Penn State was one of my top choices, I felt more at home at Virginia. I can go to a school and get a shot to compete early.
You're memory is incredible. I know you do your best in keeping down "clutter" with unneeded new threads but over a year? I'm impressed. Lol

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I still think he ends up at PSU.....My son wrestled him twice and he is very special...He has a lot of respect for PSU and i think he signs with us !!!!
Umm ... he signed with Virginia many months ago. Ship has sailed and docked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT