ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game hurt. They had no business losing that game. I know they're young, but games like that can build confidence exponentially if you can pull out the win.

You can look it up in the earlier Sixer threads, but I felt the Sixers gave up too much to move up a few spots, AND, I wasn't sure that Fultz was either the #1 pick or the ideal pick for the Sixers. Even at the time, they seemed to be leaning toward having Simmons as the PG. While Simmons is an amazing talent, if he's the PG, then the team really needed a long-range shooter at SG to complement him. Fultz is very talented, but like Simmons he's a guard that wants to drive to the basket and either shoot or dish. While I'm willing to give Fultz a few years to grow into his body, and to develop his shot, I didn't see him as an immediate impact player. Whether or not he can develop into an all-star, only time will tell.

The shoulder is a concern. I'm not sure exactly what the situation is, so I'm willing to cut Fultz some slack. For his lack of outside shots, see my earlier reply in this post. As for his FT technique, I haven't a clue what's going on there.

Lavar Ball says Lakers will win 60. So, you guys didn't give up too much.:)

That game hurt. They had no business losing that game. I know they're young, but games like that can build confidence exponentially if you can pull out the win.

Does it hurt though? If you aren't making the playoffs and/or going anywhere in the playoffs, isn't a better draft position better than winning a random regular season game? #trusttheprocess (except for Fultz who Hinkie never would've traded up for)

Does it hurt though? If you aren't making the playoffs and/or going anywhere in the playoffs, isn't a better draft position better than winning a random regular season game? #trusttheprocess (except for Fultz who Hinkie never would've traded up for)

This is not really true. Gaining playoff experience is huge for young teams.

Lots of things to still clean up, but nice to watch portions of the Sixers - Mavericks game. Been quite some time since the Sixers won in Dallas (I think it was something like 11 straight loses in Dallas for the Sixers). Embiid with a nice move to the basket on O late in the game to giver the Sixers a 4-point lead. 2 tenths of a second, and the Sixers leading by 2, and a foul called on the Sixers. But Farrell missed the 1st FT, so the Mavs needed a purposeful miss and tip in, and they didn't get the tip in. So the Sixers win 112 - 110. Nice to see former Sixer Nerlens Noel on the court for the Mavs.

Simmons with 23 points on the night.

Lots of things to still clean up, but nice to watch portions of the Sixers - Mavericks game. Been quite some time since the Sixers won in Dallas (I think it was something like 11 straight loses in Dallas for the Sixers). Embiid with a nice move to the basket on O late in the game to giver the Sixers a 4-point lead. 2 tenths of a second, and the Sixers leading by 2, and a foul called on the Sixers. But Farrell missed the 1st FT, so the Mavs needed a purposeful miss and tip in, and they didn't get the tip in. So the Sixers win 112 - 110. Nice to see former Sixer Nerlens Noel on the court for the Mavs.

Simmons with 23 points on the night.

Saw highlights of some insane Simmons passes ... he is so good at no look passes

Reactions: jmorovich
From what I've read, this can occur when one set of muscles in the shoulder becomes stronger than another set, and results in trouble lifting the arm. It's an imbalance that can be corrected through physiotherapy. So I assume shutting him down might result in weakening the too strong set, while he perhaps trains the too weak set through therapy, stretching, etc. The big unknown at this point is the timing, and the Sixers have a history of red shirting their first round draft picks for precautionary reasons. My uneducated guess is that this might drag on for a few months.

Reactions: mn78psu83
It's also called the luck of the Sixers. Love the Sixers and boy have we been blessed with injury bug these last couple of years.

77f505a0-01b3-4c54-85b6-29006de83948.jpg

Embiid is a big Dodgers fan?

It's also called the luck of the Sixers. Love the Sixers and boy have we been blessed with injury bug these last couple of years.

If I were them, I don't think I'd ever draft a guy that's even tweaked an ankle. Fultz was already missing time as a Freshman with a knee issue.

Sixers top the Rockets on the road, 115 - 107.

Luwawu-Cabarrot with 17, Saric with 14, Amir Johnson with 12.

Reddick was out again, but the Sixers got contributions from quite a few bench players.

Sixers top the Rockets on the road, 115 - 107.

Luwawu-Cabarrot with 17, Saric with 14, Amir Johnson with 12.

Reddick was out again, but the Sixers got contributions from quite a few bench players.
Simmons continues to look like the real deal. It’s amazing that people forgot about him in the Lonzo Ball hype.

They just beat the Rockets on the road, so something must be starting to click. Patience will be rewarded with this team. Embiid and Simmons will both be all world soon. They could be the nba’s two best players in a few years.

Bayless finally sent to the bench. Hoping this turns on a switch for Dario who’s been struggling so far.

Simmons and Embiid with another monstrous outing. Simmons with 19 points and one assist shy of a triple double. He’s unreal for a rookie.

a miracle finish for Houston last week...or the boys would have won 5 in a row. They have had a fairly difficult schedule so far as well and are getting better each outing. Simmons and Embiid at off the charts and with Joel playing 30min last night hopefully a good sign and he can keep playing that rate because if so the Sixers will be a tough out for anyone.

As for ROY talk with Simmons.....that is a done deal IMO, unless he is injured or something as he is putting up awesome numbers. No one else is even close.

The only player who has been good enough to challenge Ben Simmons for ROY is Jayson Tatum. The talk of Ball is just noise, he's not had much of an impact so far.

I am still deeply concerned about Bryan Colangelo running this team, but as long as he keeps Simmons and Embiid, they should compete.

I have confidence that Ball will be a very good player for the Lakers and have a great career, but I think Simmons will win the ROY, the guy is good now and likely to be very very good in the future.

I have confidence that Ball will be a very good player for the Lakers and have a great career, but I think Simmons will win the ROY, the guy is good now and likely to be very very good in the future.
Simmons has extremely rare size and tools. If he stays healthy, he could develop into a generational talent.

If the Sixers can get anything from Fultz, then they’ll be really cooking in a year or two.

a miracle finish for Houston last week...or the boys would have won 5 in a row. They have had a fairly difficult schedule so far as well and are getting better each outing. Simmons and Embiid at off the charts and with Joel playing 30min last night hopefully a good sign and he can keep playing that rate because if so the Sixers will be a tough out for anyone.

As for ROY talk with Simmons.....that is a done deal IMO, unless he is injured or something as he is putting up awesome numbers. No one else is even close.

Simmons is going to end up averaging close to a triple double when all is said and done. At 6-10 or whatever he is, with the handle he has, he really is a generational talent. If he gets a jumper, he'll be un-guardable. Stay healthy.......

Simmons is going to end up averaging close to a triple double when all is said and done. At 6-10 or whatever he is, with the handle he has, he really is a generational talent. If he gets a jumper, he'll be un-guardable. Stay healthy.......
Reminds me of Magic Johnson....amazing passer, great size for his position, very versatile

Magic didn't have much of a jump shot when he started out, either. Eventually improved as a shooter, and became an outstanding FT shooter.

Ben Simmons first 6 games .... 100 points 50 rebounds and 40 assists only other player to do that is Oscar Robertson

he's outperformed what I expected. I thought there would be issues with him running the point, with his lack of a long-range jumper, and with the switching off of who he was defending. I am still a little concerned about his jumper, but he's got time to work on that, and his driving ability will give him more room from which to launch it.

Embiid is still a work in progress, but dominates in some aspects of the game.

It may be some time (perhaps next season) before we have a good sense on Fultz.

The team does seem to be putting things together, at least on nights when Embiid plays. If he stays healthy, the team will have two main cogs, and several nice pieces, and should be competitive for years.

Reactions: mn78psu83
The team does seem to be putting things together, at least on nights when Embiid plays. If he stays healthy, the team will have two main cogs, and several nice pieces, and should be competitive for years.

Plus once they sign Lebron to a 2 year contract next year they will be good to go ;)

Reactions: Nitwit97
he's outperformed what I expected. I thought there would be issues with him running the point, with his lack of a long-range jumper, and with the switching off of who he was defending. I am still a little concerned about his jumper, but he's got time to work on that, and his driving ability will give him more room from which to launch it.

There was once a young tall rookie point guard from Michigan State who looked like he was launching a shot put when shooting from the outside. Skeptics scoffed at his ability to shoot the rock. We can only hope.

Simmons with another triple double.

He's amazing. He's Lebron, less athletic but even bigger

Reactions: Nitwit
Sixers take down the Pacers to go 5-4 with 4 straight wins. Reddick knocking down threes all over the place with the game on the line.

Last edited:
Really fun to see this team growing. If they hadn't folded in that Houston game, we could be talking about a 6 game streak. Watching the rest of the east, it's probably a reasonable expectation to see this team as a top 4 seed in the East at this point.

Reactions: Nitwit
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT