Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, look at those stat lines:
LeBron (leading the league in minutes!)
44 points, 11 Rebs, 11 Assists

Ben Simmons (the next huge NBA star)
27 points, 15 Rebs, 13 Assists
......and Simmons has at least 1 VERY GOOD running mate! This Fultz guy doesn't look too bad either

50 wins and rolling ... Fultz is looking better each game. Excited for this team
Can't believe that any playoff team, esp. in the East, would look forward to drawing the Sixers as an opponent. Simmons and Embiid are not a secret, but they could really shine on the big stage of the playoffs.

Yup already doing light workouts and been cleared to step it up another notch already. Doctors are impressed with how quick he is healing

Considering Embiid didn't practice during the regular season anyway, the time off might actually help him get as close to 100% as he has been all year. Most likely a little rust in game 1, but the rest will probably make up for that. I think Saric rounds into shape these last few games, he played better on Sunday than Friday night, so don't worry about him. Fultz getting better every game also. This team is playing the best it has all season long and with Irving gone for the play-offs, has a legit shot at the Eastern Conference finals and I would say an outside shot at the finals.

Sixers looked awesome against the Cavs. But both teams had a lot of injuries coming in (no Embiid , Cavs without their first and second team point guards).

Right now, sixers play the heat then the Celtics/Bucks winner. with Irving out, decent chance that is a Sixers/Bucks series.

Cavs get pacer then the Raptors, in all probability. Cavs have owned the Raptors the last several years, this included. So very possible we see a Sixers/Cavs EC final.

Last edited:
If the Sixers and Cavs finish with the same record, who gets the tie-breaker & 3rd seed?

EDIT: Looks like Cavs due to better conference record

As a Lakers fan, I'd say LBJ would be stupid to go anywhere but Philly. Avoid the loaded West and him playing with that young lineup would be really good for the next 4-5 years. He would not need to carry them like he does this Cavs team, likely extending his career while still being able to compete for 'ships.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
As a Lakers fan, I'd say LBJ would be stupid to go anywhere but Philly. Avoid the loaded West and him playing with that young lineup would be really good for the next 4-5 years. He would not need to carry them like he does this Cavs team, likely extending his career while still being able to compete for 'ships.
it will be interesting to see what he does. he has really immersed himself in the local community. recently, he referred to the Browns as "our Browns", when he has previously been a lifelong fan of the Cowboys and Yankees. Philly would be a short trip for him and family, but he'd have to move his family to Philly or miss a lot of home time. For LA, he is looking at investing in entertainment post NBA days. And, now at 34, not sure how many more years he has left. Cavs team, surrounding James, is now pretty young. All of their players are locked up for, at least, one more year. If the Cavs drive deeper into the playoffs than the Sixers, would he still be better to leave for Philly given the Cavs haven't had a single game playing their best starting lineup due to the late trade and various injuries?

i If the Cavs drive deeper into the playoffs than the Sixers, would he still be better to leave for Philly given the Cavs haven't had a single game playing their best starting lineup due to the late trade and various injuries?

from a basketball standpoint ... yes, and its a no brainer IMO

none of the Cavs young players are even close to Simmons and Embiid

from a basketball standpoint ... yes, and its a no brainer IMO

We'll see...come the playoffs. They are two really, really good players. No doubt about that. Also have to wonder if next year is the year James is willing to play second fiddle to younger players. If James goes to Philly, that team won't be "LeBron's team". That will be an interesting adjustment.

I think your spot on. If you take those teams side by side, take Lebron out, and say “5 picks to start a team...go.” I’m pretty confident 4 would be sixers. My guess:

1) Joel
2) Simmons
3) Kevin Love
4) Dario
5) Fultz (based on upside from what we’ve seen these last couple of games).

They can win with defense and rebounding when they have to. Amir Johnson had a season best game tonight. It seems like someone is always there to step up but a lot of it is Simmons getting the ball to the right players.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I think Philly, Wash, and Miami win tonight. Which would then go Miami 6th, Washington 7th, Mil 8th.

8b94a5c82423f5c98f71e8b0e911e9ce.jpg

LAKERS pick set at #10. 1.1% chance it moves to #1 which the Sixers would keep. 2.9% chance it moves to #2 or #3 where it would go to the Celtics. If it stays at #10, like Bridges from Villanova fitting into this Sixers lineup. Or maybe a backup big.

LA Lakers

PHI
34-47 .420 1 13.5 Lost 3 3-7 4.0% 1.1%

LAKERS pick set at #10. 1.1% chance it moves to #1 which the Sixers would keep. 2.9% chance it moves to #2 or #3 where it would go to the Celtics. If it stays at #10, like Bridges from Villanova.

looks to be the last high draft pick they'll have for some time.

if the Sixers retain this pick (which will happen unless it ends up as #2 or #3 due to the ping pong balls), then the Celtics will get the the more favorable of the Sixers or the Kings 2019 1st round pick (I believe it's only protected if it becomes the #1 pick).

the Sixers have a number of extra 2nd round picks in future years, but barring a trade, this year's Lakers' pick is likely to be the Sixers' last high draft pick.

Reactions: 91Joe95
if the Sixers retain this pick (which will happen unless it ends up as #2 or #3 due to the ping pong balls), then the Celtics will get the the more favorable of the Sixers or the Kings 2019 1st round pick (I believe it's only protected if it becomes the #1 pick).

You are correct, it's only protected if it's the first overall pick.

LAKERS pick set at #10. 1.1% chance it moves to #1 which the Sixers would keep. 2.9% chance it moves to #2 or #3 where it would go to the Celtics. If it stays at #10, like Bridges from Villanova fitting into this Sixers lineup. Or maybe a backup big.

LA Lakers

PHI
34-47 .420 1 13.5 Lost 3 3-7 4.0% 1.1%

looks to be the last high draft pick they'll have for some time.

the Sixers have a number of extra 2nd round picks in future years, but barring a trade, this year's Lakers' pick is likely to be the Sixers' last high draft pick.

You are correct, it's only protected if it's the first overall pick.

There is a low chance this pick could drop (if a team 11-14 moves up). But I too like Bridges here. As does NBAdraft.net. The Sixers have a big man stashed in europe. The guy they traded for last year:

https://thesixersense.com/2018/03/1...t-sign-anzejs-pasecniks-for-2018-2019-season/
I would rather get Mitchell Robinson. I think the payoff is higher there. Bridges to me = Cov. I know he could help in the rotation, but if they add a big FA then how many minutes at that position are there?

I also like the odds of the Kings pick being #1 next year. Bring me Cameron Reddish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT