ADVERTISEMENT

People are talking about how dangerous the MD Terrapins are.

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
They beat Towson (2-3) State in their first game. Towson has also lost to Norfolk State and Monmouth. Then they took it to Charlotte (2-4), whose wins include South Carolina State. Their third win came at the expense of the 0-5 Virginia Cavaliers. Their fourth win came against Michigan (2-3) State. Finally, they beat the mighty, fighting 2-3 Indiana Hoosiers. Their opponents have a combined 8-18 record.

Who else thinks them come back to Earth at OSU next weekend? Not that I am rooting against them, I just don't think they are for real. I hope they give OSU all they can handle.

Reactions: Ian and dswartz
They beat Towson (2-3) State in their first game. Towson has also lost to Norfolk State and Monmouth. Then they took it to Charlotte (2-4), whose wins include South Carolina State. Their third win came at the expense of the 0-5 Virginia Cavaliers. Their fourth win came against Michigan (2-3) State. Finally, they beat the mighty, fighting 2-3 Indiana Hoosiers. Their opponents have a combined 8-18 record.

Who else thinks them come back to Earth at OSU next weekend? Not that I am rooting against them, I just don't think they are for real. I hope they give OSU all they can handle.
It's their explosive offense that catches everyone's eye. Will they beat OSU next week? Probably not but don't be surprised to see them scare the living daylights out of one of the big 3 in the East. Their QB is really good

I think it's more about no one else in the Big Ten has any kind of chance so it's up to Maryland to play spoiler. Doubt they will but that's why they're discussed.

It's their explosive offense that catches everyone's eye. Will they beat OSU next week? Probably not but don't be surprised to see them scare the living daylights out of one of the big 3 in the East. Their QB is really good
They almost beat OSU last season in late November. The thing is, with the way that OSU and PSU have been playing on offense this season, if they somehow can manage to score in the high 20s, which they probably won’t, they would have a decent chance in those games.

I'll be a Terps fan next Saturday.

Reactions: tlbakernc and mcpat
I'll be a Terps fan next Saturday.
I travel all of the boards and have seen many preseason forecasts that say the B1G goes through the OSU defense meaning they (OSU) have a good chance of winning the B1G and maybe even NC with a really good defense for a change. They've had a tendency to collapse late in games over the last 2 to 3 years - with their putrid defenses - against top teams. Heck, they had a 14-point, 4th quarter lead against Georgia in the Playoffs last year and true to form - CHOKED. I believe they also led at halftime against Michigan

We should find out all we need to know about OSU - and their defense - next Saturday when they play Maryland. My prediction - OSU 42, Maryland 35. Maryland puts up over 500 yards against the OSU defense

I travel all of the boards and have seen many preseason forecasts that say the B1G goes through the OSU defense meaning they (OSU) have a good chance of winning the B1G and maybe even NC with a really good defense for a change. They've had a tendency to collapse late in games over the last 2 to 3 years - with their putrid defenses - against top teams. Heck, they had a 14-point, 4th quarter lead against Georgia in the Playoffs last year and true to form - CHOKED. I believe they also led at halftime against Michigan

We should find out all we need to know about OSU - and their defense - next Saturday when they play Maryland. My prediction - OSU 42, Maryland 35. Maryland puts up over 500 yards against the OSU defense
Just a question. If you believe that Maryland will gain 500 yards at OSU, then how many yards do you think that they’ll gain against PSU at home, since it can be argued that OSU’s and PSU’s defenses are pretty comparable this season? With Maryland, I won’t believe that they can do that against a top 5 team until they actually do it.

I don't think there's anyway Maryland does that. Especially not 35 points. Ohio State's defense seems much improved but should be interesting to see.

Fun fact, PSU’s record against Maryland is 42-3-1. Franklin has lost twice as many games against Maryland than all other PSU coaches combined. Hope he never triples the number.
What was joes record vs Iowa?

Another fun fact, joe had more sanctions than every coach at psu in every sport combined.

Just a question. If you believe that Maryland will gain 500 yards at OSU, then how many yards do you think that they’ll gain against PSU at home, since it can be argued that OSU’s and PSU’s defenses are pretty comparable this season? With Maryland, I won’t believe that they can do that against a top 5 team until they actually do it.
I just have the feeling that Maryland is going to give the top 3 in the East fits.....maybe even beat one of them and yes, I know it's a long shot.

I'll get some pushback here, but I think Maryland's QB is the best in the conference

Reactions: NedFromYork

Actually, OSU led Georgia by 18 and the defense did choke. By then, the offense had lost most of its weapons to injury. That also did not help. A different team this year. We'll see.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00

I suspect it will be the same as it's been the last 2-3 seasons. They have offensive skill talent but they don't have the players to compete at the LOS with top tier B10 teams. Probably Ohio State will crush them.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

No way on that score. OSU will make a statement and win by 4 touchdowns. Their D completely handles the Maryland offense. This doesn't mean. MD is a bad team just OSU is rounding into a playoff team.

I think Ohio State wins 27-14 or something like that. They're favored by 18 but I don't see them scoring that much but I do think they stop (slow) Maryland.

I dislike having to play at Maryland before we host Michigan. I think Michigan has the same issue with that being a road game after Penn State and before Michigan. Just can't look ahead.

I suspect it will be the same as it's been the last 2-3 seasons. They have offensive skill talent but they don't have the players to compete at the LOS with top tier B10 teams. Probably Ohio State will crush them.
Yep, Maryland is a hot air ballon being pumped up for ratings. Other than the three in the top six, no other B2G team looks like a challenge. It’s gonna crash and burn this weekend.

What was joes record vs Iowa?

Another fun fact, joe had more sanctions than every coach at psu in every sport combined.
Don't forget UM. Two coaches that knew the formula to beat a Paterno team were Carr and Ference. Just hang 17 points, pay good defense, and you'll likely win

How would you rate the '23 Buckeyes so far?

Outside looking in: better defensively, less potent offensively. But I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.
To me, they look like a carbon copy of PSU this season. That's why I fully expect our game against them to be very similar as their game against ND.

Reactions: lazydave841
If we struggled against NW for 2.5 qtrs then I would think a road trip to UMD will be a difficult. People are underestimating that team. They have offense to be competitive. Taulia is great athlete with strong arm. It all comes down to QB pressure and secondary. Last year, we had best game of year. We need the same this year.

Just remember, we are their OSU but times 10. We beat OSU once every 4-8 years. They beat us once every 25.

• Haha
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I'll go out on a limb and say that we have played 3 teams better than every team on MD's schedule to date. WV, IA, IL and possibly a 4th in NW. MSU's FPI is barely higher than IL and NW, but they stink....bad.

Maryland always seems to start out on fire but fizzle out quick. Any given Saturday though I guess.

If we struggled against NW for 2.5 qtrs then I would think a road trip to UMD will be a difficult. People are underestimating that team. They have offense to be competitive. Taulia is great athlete with strong arm. It all comes down to QB pressure and secondary. Last year, we had best game of year. We need the same this year.

Just remember, we are their OSU but times 10. We beat OSU once every 4-8 years. They beat us once every 25.

Seems like there's early season smoke about the Terps every September.

2017 they beat Texas at Texas
2019 they beat Syracuse 63-20
2021 they started 4-0 and averaging almost 40 ppg.

These are our last 3 trips to college park.
2017- 66-3
2019- 59-0
2021- 31-14

We don't get boat raced by OSU with regularity.

Reactions: royboy
I think Ohio State wins 27-14 or something like that. They're favored by 18 but I don't see them scoring that much but I do think they stop (slow) Maryland.

I dislike having to play at Maryland before we host Michigan. I think Michigan has the same issue with that being a road game after Penn State and before Michigan. Just can't look ahead.
Michigan's schedule has been pathetic so far - and through October. came out with 247 Sports came out with this ranking through October for projected wins and ripped Michigan in their ratings.

BUT, with that said, Michigan is paying the price at the end ------ their last 3 games are at PSU, at Maryland and OSU at home. We'll know how good they are after that stretch

Michigan's schedule has been pathetic so far - and through October. came out with 247 Sports came out with this ranking through October for projected wins and ripped Michigan in their ratings.

BUT, with that said, Michigan is paying the price at the end ------ their last 3 games are at PSU, at Maryland and OSU at home. We'll know how good they are after that stretch
Oh agreed--Michigan has 9 warm up games before we'll find out how good they are

Maryland is being pumped up to boost the game against the Suckeyes on two weeks. If Maryland wins the favorite so won’t affair since the Terps are jus so darned good. And if the sweethearts win they fault for the top for beating such a powerful team.

Maryland is being pumped up to boost the game against the Suckeyes on two weeks. If Maryland wins the favorite so won’t affair since the Terps are jus so darned good. And if the sweethearts win they fault for the top for beating such a powerful team.
Doesn't matter how much they're trying to pump up Maryland as all 3 - PSU, OSU and UM - have to play Maryland. Plus, all of the comparisons of who they play doesn't really mean anything as all 3 - obviously - have to play each other and the results will be there to compare the teams

But I did read - I believe it was on Eleven Warriors - that every team that has played OSU thus far - including Maryland on Saturday, has been undefeated coming into the game. But in reality, records don't squat right now - along with individual stats - with many teams playing cupcake-weak schedules.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Doesn't matter how much they're trying to pump up Maryland

Just curious but who is pumping up Maryland?

AP poll has them at 26 just outside the rankings. Didn't check coaches poll, but it seems everyone is waiting to see them play a tough team before arbitrarily giving them a rank.

This is what amazes me about the people critical of PSU's Offense - PSU is leading the b1g in Scoring, MOV, TOP, First Downs...... PSU is averaging 195 YPG Rushing (scUM averaging 184 and duhO$U 149), but somehow according to the loudmouth, always-critical supposed-fans on here, PSU's Offense sucks and scUM's is awesome???

Reactions: bourbon n blues
This is what amazes me about the people critical of PSU's Offense - PSU is leading the b1g in Scoring, MOV, TOP, First Downs...... PSU is averaging 195 YPG Rushing (scUM averaging 184 and duhO$U 149), but somehow according to the loudmouth, always-critical supposed-fans on here, PSU's Offense sucks and scUM's is awesome???
The perception problem is, and I’m not agreeing with the sentiment, that this isn’t a “WOW” offense so far. Outside of the long pass play for a touchdown in the WV game, it’s been more grind it out. More and more fans today want flash and splash. Even if we go 11-1 or 12-0 this current way there will always be complaints. Go 9-3 the complaints will become screaming howls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT