ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State's TE room following Mathias Barnwell departure

Wonder if Barnwell just peaked at a young age? He was a very early commit and had a lot of attention very young and then sort of faded in rankings, now leaving his first college team after 6 weeks. Some kids just mature early and look pretty good until their peers catch up.

Reactions: bison13
Wonder if Barnwell just peaked at a young age? He was a very early commit and had a lot of attention very young and then sort of faded in rankings, now leaving his first college team after 6 weeks. Some kids just mature early and look pretty good until their peers catch up.
Probably never had to work to play. ALways biggest and strongest kid in his school/area.

Reactions: Online Persona
Probably never had to work to play. ALways biggest and strongest kid in his school/area.
Very close friend coaches at Harrisburg (coached Micah Parsons there among other D1 players and now a few NFL players). In fact Micah shows up on my FB as a suggested friend. My buddy who coaches posted a video on FB of some of their squat maxes last week. He has 5 kids doing over 500 lbs squats, one is an 8th grader and one that maxed out at 545 lbs is in 9th grade. They could be early to peak or may end up being freaks in the weight room.

These squats are legit too, they go fully parallel and have weight plates stacked up for their butt to touch in the eccentric portion of the movement to make sure they hit 90 degrees.

Sad to lose a solid 4*. It's strange that he didn't leave while he could enter the portal.

Very close friend coaches at Harrisburg (coached Micah Parsons there among other D1 players and now a few NFL players). In fact Micah shows up on my FB as a suggested friend. My buddy who coaches posted a video on FB of some of their squat maxes last week. He has 5 kids doing over 500 lbs squats, one is an 8th grader and one that maxed out at 545 lbs is in 9th grade. They could be early to peak or may end up being freaks in the weight room.

These squats are legit too, they go fully parallel and have weight plates stacked up for their butt to touch in the eccentric portion of the movement to make sure they hit 90 degrees.

What are they feeding them? Geez my back hurts thinking about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT