ADVERTISEMENT

Kotelnicki's RPO Concepts w/ Penn State's current personnel

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020

Talks about Kotelnicki's bread and butter RPO concepts from Kansas/Buffalo and how many of those designs fit with Drew Allar at QB, PSU's unproven WR room and deep TE room.

Talks about Kotelnicki's bread and butter RPO concepts from Kansas/Buffalo and how many of those designs fit with Drew Allar at QB, PSU's unproven WR room and deep TE room.
Just reading between the lines, it looks to me like Kotel makes the defense react to him using a set of plays that are fairly standard but disguised with a lot of pre-snap movement. I recall the early story of his talking about Dairy Queen Flurry. He said it was all the same thing, ice cream, but flavored differently to give you a different experience. And hearing Allar talk, there is much to learn and know pre-snap but simplified post-snap.

However, post-snap, there are less reads to make. The idea is to make the defense react to the offense, not the other way around.

With the previous offense, we saw a lot of communication problems between the QB and receivers. Perhaps it was too much instant read-and-react that the offense required, and required in a blink of an eye.

At KU, I believe Andy had quite a good running game and really worked in his RB's well into the offense. I think we are all expecting a wide open, fun offense...which we might. But, Nick and Kaytron really are critical to AK. And, of course, our OL will have to grow up in a hurry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT