ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State's season opener is in three weeks. It's a shame no one here cares.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Not much excitement around here for the upcoming season. A real bummer. I hope you guys can find a way to get excited and support this team.

:confused:

Reactions: step.eng69
Not much excitement around here for the upcoming season. A real bummer. I hope you guys can find a way to get excited and support this team.

Well, I, for one, expect some big hits and great catches.... I ass-ume that you are referring to the fall softball season? :rolleyes:

Reactions: LionJim

Need help....I purchased these shoes earlier this year for comfortable footware at the Beaver.
Haven't decided on the blue shoes yet for the opener.
How the hell can I get excited until I decide on the proper attire.

allenedmonds_shoes_voyager_navy.jpg

allenedmonds_shoes_kirkwood_navy-leather.jpg
43509_Eastport_navy_2016.jpg

Reactions: denniskembala
Was talking with an acquaintance yesterday evening about the upcoming season, and he made an interesting observation - one of the tragedies about Joe passing away, is that he never got to enjoy the fruits of his efforts and the Grand Experiment. O'Brien and now Franklin continued to play (mostly) good football, graduate players and generally keep them out of trouble, so they can go on and lead productive lives.

Joe would have really enjoyed last year's team.

I think the excitement level is off the charts. Huge season on the way, and one of the reasons? Beer now served at Beaver Stadium?

Was talking with an acquaintance yesterday evening about the upcoming season, and he made an interesting observation - one of the tragedies about Joe passing away, is that he never got to enjoy the fruits of his efforts and the Grand Experiment. O'Brien and now Franklin continued to play (mostly) good football, graduate players and generally keep them out of trouble, so they can go on and lead productive lives.

Nice post Ro.

Yes but fortunately Joe did not have to experience the Shit Storm that is/was our BOT. Can you imagine Joe's disappointment in them had he lived?

Yes but fortunately Joe did not have to experience the Shit Storm that is/was our BOT. Can you imagine Joe's disappointment in them had he lived?
I'm sure he knew by his "you can't trust Old Main" quotes. I still have a hard time believing that he looked the other way. Would he allow his own children to go over and play at the Sandusky's if he had foreknowledge? Makes no sense to me. But other's believe it.

Reactions: Cosmos and bdgan
I don't want to hijack this thread as this topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

But I think Joe knew the BoT were self serving jerk offs. But as a prominent university employee who had dealt with the BoT over the years I guess he just was used to it.

I also think that if Joe had lived the BoT would not have been so emboldened to put Joe front and center. I think Joe would have fought back.

Enough of this and now back to the thread.

RAH!!! RAH!!! RAH!!! SIS-BOOM-BAH!!!! GO TEAM!!!!

If that's not enough excitement for you, then you need a defibrillator.:cool::cool::cool:

Great points, 'ro. Had Joe retired and been healthy, I think he would have kept a distance so as to not interfere or be perceived as interfering. However, no doubt he would have enjoyed last season.

Maybe that's it. I get confused.

Me too. So many Bobs, so few "ignore" options.

To eliminate some of my confusion, I've got that dolt Bob78 on perma-ignore, but I watch you and the other Bobs to make sure I'm in with the in crowd. Or in with the Bob crowd.
And it is getting crowded in Bobtopia. A souvenir stand would do well.

No. Post was sarcastic. I think the quality of opponent has limited talk about the opener.
Pitt week should be quite a bit more lively on here.

Oh, I know. This thread is just meant to be a little fun. Come the morning of September 2nd, we'll all be running through brick walls. Some of us likely started early. :)

Me too. So many Bobs, so few "ignore" options.

To eliminate some of my confusion, I've got that dolt Bob78 on perma-ignore, but I watch you and the other Bobs to make sure I'm in with the in crowd. Or in with the Bob crowd.
And it is getting crowded in Bobtopia. A souvenir stand would do well.

I learned to ignore myself from my wife. :eek:

Well 21 Guns hasn't weighed in yet!

Yeah. If he could just go ahead and weigh in, that would be great.....

Can't wait to ask him if he knows how Brenneman at UMass and Reeder at Delaware are looking in preseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT