ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PENN STATE VS INDIANA PREVIEW & GAMETHREAD - 3:30 p.m EST - CBS

I'm afraid PSU is physically spent. Especially players like Pickett, Lundy, and Funk who have played a lot of minutes (incl OT) and are now playing on just 20 hours rest.

I hope I'm wrong.

It's going to be a long day if Pickett can't score and if we can't defend the paint.

What a response!

Wouldn't it be great to see Dread get hot? He used to be able to score 20 on a good night but that's before he was asked to defend opponent's big men.

Henn and Dread guarding better in the paint but Indiana did get stagnant as the announcers suggested.

Our opponent getting offensive rebounds is making it really tough again.

Reactions: bdgan
Henn is a lot more physical than Njie. Indy hasn't been able to get quite as deep during this run.

PSU needs to finish this half strong. IND starting to cut into the lead and we seem to be faltering on both offense and defense the last few times.

Reactions: bdgan
Settled for tough shots the last 3 trips. High rebounds led to Indiana offense in transition.

Last edited:
I often defend shooters because most misses are the result of taking tough shots. It's not simply poor shooting.

But the last few trips Lundy missed one and Dread missed two that were wide open. One or two of those would have really helped.

PSU is 5-15 from 3pt range. That could have easily been 6 or 7.

If Hood-Schifino does not get hot PSU should win. He's the only other guy thst can light it up.

Indy leads offensive rebounds 5-1.

Neither team shooting well but PSU 9-9 from the FT line. That probably won't continue in the second half so the shooting will have to be better.

Also going to need more from Wynter.

I often defend shooters because most misses are the result of taking tough shots. It's not simply poor shooting.

But the last few trips Lundy missed one and Dread missed two that were wide open. One or two of those would have really helped.

PSU is 5-15 from 3pt range. That could have easily been 6 or 7.
Henn missed a couple that woukd've helped too

I meant Funk....4 letter transfer name confusion!
Funk and Dread are a combined 2-8 from the three point line…Pickett is 1-3….we’re not shooting the three very well and still leading. Hopefully we can get hot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT