ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State football ranked No. 1 in latest ESPN résumé ratings

Boy, this should really piss-off the nimrod, always-negative poser-trolls - especially fraud-fan HandoCumando.... HERE'S THE LINK.
lol what? I'd be thrilled if we were ranked 1st

Also, we're 12th

Read the full article to understand exactly what this article is talking about. Matt Thomas is very confused. Whoever he is

Sorta like Michigan playing UNLV or Bama playing Chattanooga.
We all agree Michigan plays no one until their last 3 games of the season but that doesn't make us playing UMass any better
We're going to fall at least 1 spot this weekend unless someone ahead of us losses and then people will flip out pretending everyone hates us not accepting that if we beat Ohio State we'll jump to 3. If we lose to them we'll be with Alabama, Texas and the loser or Oregon/Washington around 10-12.

Also, we're 12th

Read the full article to understand exactly what this article is talking about. Matt Thomas is very confused. Whoever he is

I would bet Matt Thomas's opinion of CFB is about a million times more respected than yours sunshine.

Reactions: joeaubie21

Also, we're 12th

No dumbass, this is a different part of the SP+ Rankings - the article I referenced quotes a different ESPN SP+ Analysis jackass (SP+ Resume Rating).

Here is another article confirming the correctness of my prior post and a description of what the Resume Rating is projecting.

Reactions: joeaubie21
No dumbass, this is a different part of the SP+ Rankings - the article I referenced quotes a different ESPN SP+ Analysis jackass (SP+ Resume Rating).

Here is another article confirming the correctness of my prior post and a description of what the Resume Rating is projecting.
Read the article and understand SP+ rating vs ESPN resume. Read the article i linked. I know it's a challenge do you.

Also, we're 12th

I love this. WVU is ranked 14!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Read the article and understand SP+ rating vs ESPN resume. Read the article i linked. I know it's a challenge do you.

Again dimbass, the analytic is "SP+ Resume Rating" - it is a different SP+ Analytic than the one you are referencing AS DESCRIBED IN THE ARTICLE I JUST LINKED IN RESPONSE TO YOUR FIRST INANE AND INCORRECT POST.

This is taken directly from article I just linked for you:

"SP+ is intended to be a power rating, not a résumé evaluation tool, but Résumé SP+ attempts to fill that latter gap,” Connelly writes on ESPN on Sunday. “It is a look at two things: (1) how the average SP+ top-five team would be projected to perform against your schedule (in terms of scoring margin) and (2) how your scoring margin compares to (1). Throw in a seven-point penalty for every loss a team has suffered, and you can say that this is what the CFP rankings would look like if SP+ were in charge.”

With the résumé portion of the ESPN SP+ rankings considered, Penn State football comes in as the No. 1 team in the nation."

You clearly didn't take the time to read and understand the article.... you just keep spouting your ignorant, asinine and troll opinions.

Again dimbass, the analytic is "SP+ Resume Rating" - it is a different SP+ Analytic than the one you are referencing AS DESCRIBED IN THE ARTICLE I JUST LINKED IN RESPONSE TO YOUR FIRST INANE AND INCORRECT POST.

This is taken directly from article I just linked for you:

You clearly didn't take the time to read and understand the article.... you just keep spouting your ignorant, asinine and troll opinions.
Again, read my reply. Your title says "Resume Ratings" which is false--I provided that for you.
Do you even know what SP+ Resume Rating is? It says it in the article.

We all agree Michigan plays no one until their last 3 games of the season but that doesn't make us playing UMass any better
That's why I'm not sure how to evaluate Michigan yet. Are they the best team in the B1G - probably - but I really think both PSU and OSU can beat them.

Again, read my reply. Your title says "Resume Ratings" which is false--I provided that for you.
Do you even know what SP+ Resume Rating is? It says it in the article.

You are such a laughable ass.... the quote I just provided you above, from the link I provided you, is from the creator of the "Resume SP+" Analytic (Connelly is also the creator of the SP+ Power Ranking you keep referencing... he's the creator of all SP+ Analytics.). IOW the creator of the Resume SP+ Analytic stated in a quote that you clearly didn't read (or are just plain too moronic to understand) what the Resume SP+ Analytic is, why he created it.... and that PSU is the highest rated team in his to-date calculations (which will not be recalculated until after this weeks games are played). I'm done talking to you because you keep saying asinine WRONG statements.

You are such a laughable ass.... the quote I just provided you above, from the link I provided you, is from the creator of the "Resume SP+" Analytic (Connelly is also the creator of the SP+ Power Ranking you keep referencing... he's the creator of all SP+ Analytics.). IOW the creator of the Resume SP+ Analytic stated in a quote that you clearly didn't read (or are just plain too moronic to understand) what the Resume SP+ Analytic is, why he created it.... and that PSU is the highest rated team in his to-date calculations (which will not be recalculated until after this weeks games are played). I'm done talking to you because you keep saying asinine WRONG statements.
Again--what does SP+ calculate if you read it?

That's why I'm not sure how to evaluate Michigan yet. Are they the best team in the B1G - probably - but I really think both PSU and OSU can beat them.

For sure--that's the biggest thing. Michigan appears to be elite again but have they been challenged? Have we been challenged? Can't wait for the Ohio State game.

And I am sure beating mighty UMass this week will keep that rating up.

According to Sagarin, there are about 50 FCS teams better than UMass.

And it is difficult for me to have anyone over OU as far as "resume" at this point in the season.

Last edited:
Just think how better it would have been if we played Youngstown State🤷🏾‍♂️
Youngstown State could probably beat Umass. Western KY would kill Delaware. Md would easily beat both NW and ILL, ND despite what happened last Saturday easily beats Iowa and Probably W Va.. So what is your point?

An interesting aside that I saw on the OSU board that both PSU and OSU fans will enjoy.

Of all of the teams that scUM has played the HIGHEST ranked passing team is 113th. The lowest was 127th. Other than MSU at 55th they play no one with a passing pulse( if you want to call 55th a pulse) until they play PSU.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT