ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State football players who were Eagle Scouts?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
There was a RB from Iowa State and a LB from Stanford who had been Eagle Scouts. This made me wonder how many Penn State football players had been Eagle Scouts. I know that it’s obscure and not on the Rivals or 24/7 recruiting page, so maybe we can’t name any.

I was never a Boy Scout, but have lots of respect for the guys I know who were Eagle Scouts. Feel free to give yourself a shout out if you were an Eagle Scout yourself.

There was a RB from Iowa State and a LB from Stanford who had been Eagle Scouts. This made me wonder how many Penn State football players had been Eagle Scouts. I know that it’s obscure and not on the Rivals or 24/7 recruiting page, so maybe we can’t name any.

I was never a Boy Scout, but have lots of respect for the guys I know who were Eagle Scouts. Feel free to give yourself a shout out if you were an Eagle Scout yourself.
Eagle Scout, Troop 30.

Class of 1975 - once an Eagle, always an Eagle....person you become not rank you earn.

Here's one I know from Harborcreek PA - TE Brian Siverling - Boasting a 3.67 GPA in civil engineering at Penn State, tight end Brian Siverling was a member of Tau Beta Pi, Chi Epsilon, Golden Key and the Dean’s List for six semesters. A four-year letterman under College Football Hall of Fame head coach Joe Paterno, Siverling helped the Nittany Lions to a 37-10-1 record, victories in the 1983 Aloha Bowl and the 1987 Fiesta Bowl and a National Championship. He caught 37 passes for 515 yards and two touchdowns in his career, earning a spot in the Japan Bowl. Siverling received the Ridge Riley Award, which honors a Penn State senior for sportsmanship, scholarship, leadership and friendship. He earned his master’s in civil engineering from Penn State in 1988 and is currently a principal in structural engineering for Morris & Ritchie Associates in Towson, Md.

I totally thought you meant who were scouts for the Philadelphia Eagles. Lol.

25-45.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT