ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Football defeats Northwestern on Saturday afternoon

This is definitely the deepest team Franklin has ever fielded. I am excited to say the least.
I did not watch the game. Don't have cable. I read J.B. Nelson was carted off the field in the first half. Did he return to the sidelines. That would be another huge hit to the OL with Tangwell already medically retiring.

I did not watch the game. Don't have cable. I read J.B. Nelson was carted off the field in the first half. Did he return to the sidelines. That would be another huge hit to the OL with Tangwell already medically retiring.

Not that they showed.

He didn't return. It definitely will put them in a situation. Wander who the next man up will be? At least they have a couple weeks to figure some things out.

He didn't return. It definitely will put them in a situation. Wander who the next man up will be? At least they have a couple weeks to figure some things out.
think you saw him today. can't spell or pronounce his name. thought it might be shelton. he played there some last year, but i guess he's too busy covering for wallace. bryce would look pretty good about now.

Reactions: PennState_one
I think the playback will be opened up for the OSU game. Obviously no reason to show anything right now.
right now none of us know what franklin is trying to accomplish in these first 6 games..obviously you want a W, but we don't seem to be showing much in our running game. Singleton might be too heavy..he called himself out quite a few times today and the temp was 73 degrees....
opponents are watching our game film..they were ready for the QB sneaks and for our T formation play (not for the pass of it though)
Looked like allar and cephas were on the wrong playbooks today.
Not necessarily Allar's day, but hey, I have good and bad days at golf too!!

right now none of us know what franklin is trying to accomplish in these first 6 games..obviously you want a W, but we don't seem to be showing much in our running game. Singleton might be too heavy..he called himself out quite a few times today and the temp was 73 degrees....
opponents are watching our game film..they were ready for the QB sneaks and for our T formation play (not for the pass of it though)
Looked like allar and cephas were on the wrong playbooks today.
Not necessarily Allar's day, but hey, I have good and bad days at golf too!!
I'll take a 41-13 road game as a bad day EVERYDAY. They will never satisfy all of us. Just win baby...

QB Sneak from 4 yards out was a weird call. It got 2 yards, so, chalk it to strange.

Singleton got stuffed at the 1. Positive yardage, but we would prefer he bulldoze that in.

The pass was with the T Formation personnel, but we didn't line up in the T on the pass TD to Singleton. We were strong right and Singleton was out like a Flanker. Then he motioned across before going out on the pass.

I was thinking to myself this week (but didn't post it here) that this looks like the best Penn State team I've seen since 1994. But nope. This team won't beat Ohio State because it just doesn't have enough offense going yet. Passing isn't developed and because of that, teams can focus on the run. They won't beat Ohio State or UM without more of a developed passing game.

What if Iowa just isn't very good? They were billed as the best D in the country but based on what? NW D-front looked tougher than Iowa's and Illinois was better too.

Anyway the schedule is good -- of all teams, this team will benefit from three weeks of practice and no pressure before they go to Columbus. This is where Franklin really earns his $10m or whatever he makes. They have to retool that OL and they have to get more of the offensive playbook practiced. They need medium range passes and deep passes. It is not clear to me they have the personnel to really do this, but we'll find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry
I'll take a 41-13 road game as a bad day EVERYDAY. They will never satisfy all of us. Just win baby...
Me watching a Penn State game:

Last edited:
Reactions: bourbon n blues
Me watching a Penn State game:

I just saw this during UGA auburn and was like "this is the live thread on the first run that only goes for 2 yards."

And we have almost beaten them every year for a good while. I know, we haven’t but this thought that we can’t compete with them is ridiculous.
Since when does almost count? We absolutely can beat them but until you do it consistently on the field skepticism is warranted.

And we have almost beaten them every year for a good while. I know, we haven’t but this thought that we can’t compete with them is ridiculous.
I didn’t say we couldn’t compete either. I said we can’t spot them the first half. That goes for any good team we play.

Reactions: Jerry
Kaytron has actually been the better back through four games.

NW's run D sucks, and their athletes are no match for ours. If we can't break our running game loose today, I don't know what to think.
Not sure U agree. Kaytron runs better between the tackles. Hoeever. Nick runs better when going outsude and is a netter receiver. Both aere hAVING good but nit great years.

Not sure U agree. Kaytron runs better between the tackles. Hoeever. Nick runs better when going outsude and is a netter receiver. Both aere hAVING good but nit great years.
3.8 yards per attempt isn't exactly good in college. Have a very tough time with trying to claim Singleton is having a good year.

We pull our starters too quickly for me to believe this ever gets too out of hand. I wouldn’t touch this spread especially because I expect the playcalling to be conservative. I think we play a super vanilla game plan and try to avoid injury heading into bye + UMass ahead of the big game with OSU.

Yurcich hammers the run with some play action and bootlegs mixed in. Northwestern attempts to throw it around the yard but our pass rush and secondary cause two TOs leading to points.

34-10 good guys.
where's the symbol for getting down on my knees and bowing???
:) You earned a bow, my man.

Reactions: TheWizardofCamelot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT