ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Utah 35-21 in the Rose Bowl

PSU isn't the only team with this problem, but tackling is a lost skill in CFB.
I AGREE!
I read earlier this week that Georgia has "Bloody" Tuesday where they really go at it.
Might be the only CFB team to go Live during the week. They can tackle.

Reactions: psu00
Most of the drive falls on #8, who looked lost on every play he was on the field for.

Reactions: bdgan
OL (Shelton?) got Clifford hit on last TD and now not much protection for him.

Then Clifford had all day on 3rd down.

And then Wormley with a whiff........

So inconsistent.

Reactions: johnmpsu
With the way the offense had been playing on 3rd down and how many yards the defense has been giving up, I didn’t like that play call on 3rd down.

Reactions: NCLION
With the way the offense had been playing on 3rd down and how many yards the defense has been giving up, I didn’t like that play call on 3rd down.
That is Manny Diaz though. If Wilson is that bad and King is out, maybe he does things a little differently

I just feel like Utah is slowly gaining momentum with their physicality
It's easy to be somewhat optimistic about the OL for 2023 with Olu, Shelton and Tengwell coming back. But what we are seeing this first half reminds me that the PSU OL still needs multiple studs to be a playoff caliber OL.

Reactions: Onionbelly
So maybe at half time we still the shoes of Utah #87 so he can’t be on the field.

I don’t understand the crappy tackling all of a sudden. Tig Brown puts his head down and misses a tackle on the QB? Wtf?

Reactions: psu00
That is one of the issues when we play U of M. They push us around.

This is a good game for us to assess ourselves.
What's to assess? After every loss to UM Franklin acknowledges that his team got man handled. And then he just signs more 220 lb DE's. Even Utah, a roster of mid to low 3 star players, seems to put more muscle on the field.

I love Franklin, but he has to do it, not just talk about it.

A great man (i.e. actor) once said, "when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk..."

Reactions: mrs516
Utah gets the ball to start the 2nd half. So at least they kept them from scoring at the end of the first.

I like what we're doing on offense. Although the line needs to be better.

Defense just sucks. Lost in coerage. Getting run over amd blown off the ball. Missed tackles. The pick is the only bright spot. Need another one or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT