ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Rutgers on Senior Day 27-6

Dominant D is enough to beat the likes of Rutgers...and every other team in this mediocre league except for the Big-2.

I really hope Drew doesn't have an arm or shoulder injury. Absolutely idiotic to design running plays for the guy.

Beau attempted 1 pass today
If you think that kind of offense is going to work against good teams...
I’m just having some fun

but it isnt a coincidence we started running the ball better when he came in
a running QB just fits better.

I do like his swagger though
he has more “it” than Allar
maybe next week we see him throw
gotta see what we have in him

enjoy rest of day everyone

Reactions: BudatPSU
I’m just having some fun

It isn't coincidence. It's happened in almost every game this year as the other team tires in the second half.

Anyone that wants Beau to be the QB next year has absolutely lost their mind

Reactions: hoflane
I’m just having some fun

He has more “it” than Allar? We’ll see if he gets in a game where he has to throw more than 1 pass.

Reactions: bdgan
Dominant D is enough to beat the likes of Rutgers...and every other team in this mediocre league except for the Big-2.

I really hope Drew doesn't have an arm or shoulder injury. Absolutely idiotic to design running plays for the guy.
Qb draw whereby your qb gets destroyed over his career is a Franklin staple. The qb draw, regardless of QB skill-set, has been a staple and the one thread that binds all of our OC's. Im positive its Franklin's favorite play from his days at Stroudsburg and he refuses to have an offense that doesn't utilize it.

Reactions: Jerry
Qb draw whereby your qb gets destroyed over his career is a Franklin staple. The qb draw, regardless of QB skill-set, has been a staple and the one thread that binds all of our OC's. Im positive its Franklin's favorite play from his days at Stroudsburg and he refuses to have an offense that doesn't utilize it.

Yup, it's one thing with a certain skill-set at QB...but not with a guy like Drew who was recruited strictly for his arm. It makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: ram2020
Yup, it's one thing with a certain skill-set at QB...but not with a guy like Drew who was recruited strictly for his arm. It makes absolutely no sense.
If he doesn’t run he can’t play the way the offense is designed.

The offense design is horrid. Slow handoffs, lineman have to hold blocks too long and qbs no time to look downfield. This team is built to run pro style offense with great rbs and a big arm qb.

So much this! The question isn't whether or not Allar is right for this system, its whether we can design any offense that would compliment our big,slow offensive line and our 5 star QB and Rb's. There just has to be an offense out there that doesn't feature the qb draw as its corner stone, no?

Reactions: royboy and Jerry
He's Phil's son.
That was my first thought, but I did not know it. Thank you, It was a good few minutes thinking about how great that team in the 90's was I can still see Kijanna's first run from scrimmage in the Rose Bowl. We were spoiled then. Talent and execution at every position.

The offense design is horrid. Slow handoffs, lineman have to hold blocks too long and qbs no time to look downfield. This team is built to run pro style offense with great rbs and a big arm qb.
But in reality, it’s not built for a pro style offense . . . The QB yes, but not the rest of the scheme. And that is the just of the problem. Establish a damn identity and build around it!

PSU outrushed them 234 yards to 99 yards and the running game is the strength of Buttgers Offense (and supposedly our weakness).
Beau was our leading rusher.

It was nice to see Singleton get going in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: royboy
But in reality, it’s not built for a pro style offense . . . The QB yes, but not the rest of the scheme. And that is the just of the problem. Establish a damn identity and build around it!
The offensive line would be much better in prostyle offense along with the running backs. Open the hole quicker and go. Having to hold blocks that long and running backs getting to line slower is costing this team and has for years. We have great tight ends also which favor this. It’s been proven this offense can’t win big games the way it’s designed.

The offensive line would be much better in prostyle offense along with the running backs. Open the hole quicker and go. Having to hold blocks that long and running backs getting to line slower is costing this team and has for years. We have great tight ends also which favor this. It’s been proven this offense can’t win big games the way it’s designed.
Tell the Head Coach - it’s not his style.

Yet we don't do things to get him into space:
  • Swing passes to him
  • Toss sweeps to him
  • Line him up in the slot
Today he was a totally different runner because he had space due to a running threat at QB.

When you can't weep, blubber and cry about anything else, blubber about the point spread.

Penn State should have won 1000 to nothing according to the weepers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT