ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State DB Daequan Hardy announces NFL Draft plans

Nothing but the best for the young man. I had high hopes for him when he committed. He lived up to it in the end. Not a big fellow but he has a very big heart!

Reactions: NedFromYork
Great guy, great player. Nothing but the best.

And another that declared for the draft but is playing in the bowl game. Bet no other school has so many that are playing. Says a lot about the team, Franklin and the coaching staff.
I don’t understand. According to Lando and a few others the bowls are just scrimmages. The joy from winning the Rose Bowl last year must have been an act. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t understand. According to Lando and a few others the bowls are just scrimmages. The joy from winning the Rose Bowl last year must have been an act. 🤷‍♂️
He's looking for better film to help improve his draft status

This isn't complicated. People show joy winning a pickup game.

Only King yet to announce about the NFL at CB? Would be great if his good but not great 2023 season leads him to return and lead the CB room.
The staff pretty much knew that at least 2 of the top 3 CB's would not return for 2024 which is why Miller got lots of PT and Tracy and Washington got as much playing time as the staff could give them as true freshmen. Payne also got on the field some.

Even if King returns it seems that an experienced CB, at least a 3rd year player that got playing time elsewhere, has to be a priority in the portal. And it would seem a priority for that incoming CB to enroll in Janurary and take part in Spring practice.

Last year's incoming portal transfer Collins from Miss St. must not have shown much to the staff as if I remember correctly he only got on the field for a few plays which seems to put him at the bottom of the list of returning CB's.

King (?) (Senior)
Miller (Junior)
Tracy (soph)
Washington (soph)
Payne (RS Freshman)
Collins (RS Soph)
Mitchell (true freshman)
Bellgrave-Shorter (true freshman)

Lots of talent on that list, but a pretty young group to line up against the WR's and passing games that PSU will face in 2024 - OSU, USC, Washington,....

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Only King yet to announce about the NFL at CB? Would be great if his good but not great 2023 season leads him to return and lead the CB room.
The staff pretty much knew that at least 2 of the top 3 CB's would not return for 2024 which is why Miller got lots of PT and Tracy and Washington got as much playing time as the staff could give them as true freshmen. Payne also got on the field some.

Even if King returns it seems that an experienced CB, at least a 3rd year player that got playing time elsewhere, has to be a priority in the portal. And it would seem a priority for that incoming CB to enroll in Janurary and take part in Spring practice.

Last year's incoming portal transfer Collins from Miss St. must not have shown much to the staff as if I remember correctly he only got on the field for a few plays which seems to put him at the bottom of the list of returning CB's.

King (?) (Senior)
Miller (Junior)
Tracy (soph)
Washington (soph)
Payne (RS Freshman)
Collins (RS Soph)
Mitchell (true freshman)
Bellgrave-Shorter (true freshman)

Lots of talent on that list, but a pretty young group to line up against the WR's and passing games that PSU will face in 2024 - OSU, USC, Washington,....
Didn't Terry Smith say during an interview on signing day that they are losing 3 corners to the nfl? Maybe he tipped King's hand. I just hope he doesn't opt out of the bowl and we are down CB1 and 2 vs a great passing team. That would suck big time. I do think Kalen should return....he had an average yr at best.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT