ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State collective Lions Legacy Club announces "landmark" NIL partnership

Still is mind boggling to me that the school has no skin in the game. They reap the benefits of millions and the private sector is supposed to pay athletes??? Kinda of like the educational model where schools get all this tuition $$$ from others while kids have to pay off the loans. No skin in the game again. How does all that work? Insanity. Just make athletes employees and make schools pay them. But that won’t happen.

Still is mind boggling to me that the school has no skin in the game. They reap the benefits of millions and the private sector is supposed to pay athletes??? Kinda of like the educational model where schools get all this tuition $$$ from others while kids have to pay off the loans. No skin in the game again. How does all that work? Insanity. Just make athletes employees and make schools pay them. But that won’t happen.
That would bring up all kinds of Title 9 issues, unless every female athlete is given the exact same compensation as the football players.

And no one is forcing anyone to make NIL contributions. Better to have the super rich do it than to have the schools demand more taxpayer money or another student "fee" to pay athletes.

Reactions: OzLion and bison13
What skin in the game are you wanting schools to have exactly? And what is the "private sector" in this case? People who choose to put their disposable income towards the team they root for in a hobby / interest they enjoy? And those working for the colleges have just as much ability to put their disposable income to whatever NIL collective they wish - so not truly private sector their either.

I agree with you though that ultimately athletes will need to be made employees of the schools, maybe not now but give it a few decades and you may see change. Those that want to play ball can do so, and those that don't can feel free and cancel sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT