ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State basketball defeats Bahamas Pirates 113-65

Yarrr, I'll bet the center for the Pirates had a great hook shot from the post.
1747395-HSC00001-32.jpg

Was their Captain named Morgan?

Yarrr, I'll bet the center for the Pirates had a great hook shot from the post.
1747395-HSC00001-32.jpg

Was their Captain named Morgan?
I watched the first half. Lilley jumped center for PSU and won the toss. The Pirates weren't good at all. PSU kept rotating players in and out and it looked like a YMCA pickup game with better athletes. The article says lots of assists but there were also a lot of unforced turnovers.

I assume the team will look more organized and disciplined after fall practice. IIRC 3 pt shooting was 3-21 in the first half but PSU guards were able to take their men off the dribble and get to the basket with ease. No doubt they're quick.

Reactions: mmuncci
I watched the first half. Lilley jumped center for PSU and won the toss. The Pirates weren't good at all. PSU kept rotating players in and out and it looked like a YMCA pickup game with better athletes. The article says lots of assists but there were also a lot of unforced turnovers.

I assume the team will look more organized and disciplined after fall practice. IIRC 3 pt shooting was 3-21 in the first half but PSU guards were able to take their men off the dribble and get to the basket with ease. No doubt they're quick.
I don't think 3 point shooting will be our offense this year. With the fact that he can put the size out on the court that few teams will be able to match, I think we will see a lot of taking players off the dribble, and then rebounding missed shots. I think it will be a much quicker offense than we have had the past couple of years, and a lot of scoring at the rim.

I don't think 3 point shooting will be our offense this year. With the fact that he can put the size out on the court that few teams will be able to match, I think we will see a lot of taking players off the dribble, and then rebounding missed shots. I think it will be a much quicker offense than we have had the past couple of years, and a lot of scoring at the rim.
Absolutely, we will see post ups and dribble drive/handoff for switches to get to the hoop. Three point attempts and percentage will be lower

They are both foreign nationals so it is probably a visa issue or something like that.
Sounds like a possibility, but shouldn't a university as large as PSU be able to work some angles to add them? Or perhaps they had to attend class(es)?

Guðmundsson is a foreign national and I do believe he was there?? I do hope you are right. Two big keys to this year's success

Visa requirements are different for different countries. It might simply be that a citizen from Iceland has a less stringent requirement than one from Nigeria in terms of Bahamas immigration law.

Reactions: mmuncci
The Bahama Pirates actually won because they get to stay in the Bahamas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT