ADVERTISEMENT

"Penn State announces 12 action teams focused on coronavirus"

On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
A coronavirus action team

On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
A coronavirus action team, and
A coronavirus action team

On the third day of Christmas...

For some reason 'action team' makes me think of a newsroom...

mU6X_A.gif

I've got a guy flying home from HSBC today. They evacuated their building on Canary Wharf (London) as an employee tested positive.

This thing is coming and it isn't going to be stopped. Like Michael Jordan, you can only hope to contain it. I just bought a bunch of vitamins.

Somebody posted UK's plan and it seemed to say the next four months will be a shit show. After that, it will taper down after the next 3 or 4 months.

Good luck out there.

What are the chances PSU cancels the Blue/White game over unfounded Coronavirus fears?

I was trying to be chill about it and then it showed up IN MY COUNTY!

You can't get lysol wipes or hand sanitizer in Tampa right now.

Reactions: kevin310
My daughter graduates in May from PSU, and I guess graduation cancellation is a possibility. :oops:

What are the chances PSU cancels the Blue/White game over unfounded Coronavirus fears?
Even if the WHO is wrong and the actual mortality rate is around 1.4% instead of their 3.4%, I assure you it is not a joke and it is not like the yearly flu.

Reactions: bohucon
Even if the WHO is wrong and the actual mortality rate is around 1.4% instead of their 3.4%, I assure you it is not a joke and it is not like the yearly flu.

The mortality rate will end up just like the seasonal flu now that countries are getting caught up to do proper testing.

The mortality rate will end up just like the seasonal flu now that countries are getting caught up to do proper testing.
The seasonal flu is usually around 0.1%.
South Korea is doing a lot of testing and their rate isn’t 0.1%. There is also a lag time between discovered infections and deaths. Mortality rates are also dependent of the availability of critical care in a given location. When a large proportion of the population becomes infected, that goes down.

I know it's crazy to think this could happen and it won't, but Serie-A is playing soccer matches in empty stadiums.

Chicago State has cancelled MBB game vs Seattle this weekend.

NCAA is suppose to play First and Second Round games in Spokane, wonder if they will move it to Boise.

How much $$$$ does Penn State make from the Blue/White Game???

Give me that answer, and I'll give the answer to your question

Reactions: 91Joe95
The university doesn't care about the AD, so they won't care how much money the AD loses it it's canceled.

And NY is how many miles?

Gonzaga is going to be the 1 seed in that regions, I am sure of tons of Seattle people will be traveling to Spokane.

Gonzaga is in Spokane. I imagine you have a point by bringing Seattle into the discussion, but the only one I see is the one jutting from the top of your head.

Reactions: stormingnorm
How much $$$$ does Penn State make from the Blue/White Game???

Give me that answer, and I'll give the answer to your question
It's also bigger. Once Penn State cancels a large group gathering such as the blue white game, the question applies to all other large group gatherings/events (however defined), and for how long?

Influenza kills 100,000s worldwide every year. SARS and MERS have higher mortality rates but way fewer deaths total worldwide than the flu just has in the US in one year alone. Neither should be something we want but if we could eradicate one then influenza would save many more lives. It’s too early to tell with COVID-19, but it’s certainly not a given that it will come close to claiming more lives than influenza.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT