ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Penn State adds Washington OL Vega Iaone on signing day

Well, we need more bodies on the OL and I hope he works out. We have not been recruiting sufficient O-Lineman in recent classes (though we are off to a good start for 2023). I'd still like to see us get a polished/quality OT from the portal (and/or LBers) but this looks like a good addition.

Welcome Vega!

I realize you have to take highlight films of recruits with a grain of salt, but he looks pretty good in his. I especially liked the part showing him making an initial block and then moving out and getting another block on the second level. He also looked pretty good pulling from his left tackle spot to the other side of the field to get a block.

It's a 2700 mile drive from his hometown to PSU.

Did he have a connection to the PA area or just liked something about PSU and the opportunity?
Visit over the weekend just went really well and he liked what he saw and the opportunity they were offering. A lot of connections on the Penn State staff to the state of Washington as well.

0e97df33a739a1d6faf1203aae21095b.jpeg

John Urschel was a last minute addition to his class. 2 star, unknown, and the subject of considerable skepticism.

While I doubt Vega is as smart as Urschel (I mean, who is), I think he has all the makings of being a very pleasant surprise. His video is fun to watch and he is already ox strong. Super happy he chose PSU to continue his academic and athletic career.

John Urschel was a last minute addition to his class. 2 star, unknown, and the subject of considerable skepticism.

While I doubt Vega is as smart as Urschel (I mean, who is), I think he has all the makings of being a very pleasant surprise. His video is fun to watch and he is already ox strong. Super happy he chose PSU to continue his academic and athletic career.
I wonder what we fed him. His comment about being well fed was LOL. Maybe it was the Lebanon Baloney that this board loves so well.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Probably never had good German food out on the left coast!!
;) ;) ;)
Greg,
I already hijacked this thread and now you are hijacking the hijack with the left coast comment.
So many threads on this board end up in either a political fight or a vaccine fight.
Reminds me of Ralph Kramden on the Honeymooners show. No matter what dance he started doing after a few steps he always ended up doing his classic rhumba.
Comments all in fun.

How many recruits have we had from washington state in the last 20 years? Mac Morrison?

How many recruits have we had from washington state in the last 20 years? Mac Morrison?
There was a tight-end as well. Played at the same time as the tall TE had from Allentown Catholic. I think both played in the NFL? The guy from Washington was John something? I think he played some DE as well in early 2000s?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT