ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Posluszny Retires

That letter is amazing, if he wants a second career he can go into inspirational writing.

Reactions: T J
Look up football player in the encyclopedia. You should see this:

29186245_10156300491134283_777306930736529408_n.jpg

Great letter. Any word on his plans after football? He stated that he was going to spend more time with the family, so that would leave out coaching in the NFL or College. I could see him coaching in HS, and then when the kids are grown move onto NFL or College coaching. Then again, he is probably capable of working in the real world, or maybe doing TV.

so Paul is announcing his retirement from the NFL...for anyone that couldn't open the link

I remember the articles written about Paul and his Hopewell Team after beating Dan Connor when Dan was a Junior for the state title. Dan said that the defense would defense the play perfectly but could not stop Paul P. from gouging them on the ground.

Dan said that the OL was a bunch of work out warriors and Paul had a 230 lb full back blocking for him and then Paul P was about a 210 lb. Half Back. Dan said that all of the defense would play their keys perfectly and he would be happy with the play and he would look to the scoreboard and it would be 2nd and 2. He said that the score board almost seemed stuck on 2nd and 2 or 2nd and 1 for the entire game....... If I recall Hopewell won by a pretty good margin and if memory serves they did not throw a pass the entire game. Paul P. left, Paul P right, Paul P up the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madsol and Obliviax
What a classy letter and he made sure to speak about the "legendary Joe Paterno" and "success with honor."

Congratulations Paul and best wishes in your retirement. You are a GREAT Penn Stater and Nittany Lion! Always will be.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180313/jaguars-linebacker-paul-posluszny-announces-retirement

Great career. Best wishes in the future, Poz. Paul wrote a beautiful statement near the bottom of the linked page.
I would like to offer my deepest thanks to the Pennsylvania State University, and the entire Nittany Lion family. Playing football for the legendary Coach Joe Paterno provided me with a priceless education and wonderful memories. I formed lasting friendships with my college roommates; played with outstanding men like Sean Lee, Dan Connor, Tim Shaw and Michael Robinson; practiced the game of football with elite coaches like Tom Bradley and Ron Vanderlinden; and most importantly, learned that just being a football player was never going to be good enough. Living a life of “Success With Honor,” being a great son, brother, husband, father, as well as serving your community and helping others, was always far more important than tackling running backs.

Remember well being at the 2003 Northwestern game where a true freshman Posluszny was directing around a highly regarded upper classman linebacker who had never panned out. The game itself was a disaster but I still have that picture in my mind of Poz taking charge, even as a true freshman. A born leader.

Another Great Person and Athlete..... can't add anything to what he said or has been said here, except, Thank You Poz.

Reactions: MtNittany
n absolute pleasure to watch on he field and a true representative of College Athletics and Penn State University. He is still young and will do great things in his next career!

Last edited:
Reactions: joeparules
n absolute pleasure to watch on he field and a true representative of College Athletics and Penn State University. He is still young and will do great things in his next career!
He will go to dance recitals and play with his daughters and their doll houses with reckless abandon.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
The true sign of a great defense is when your linebackers are your leading tacklers. Everywhere he went, college or pro, he led his teams in tackles, when healthy. The real crime of his career is that he played on some bad Buffalo and Jacksonville teams and didn't see the playoffs until his last season. If he had the opportunity to play on a team or teams that made the playoffs more regularly, he would be receiving more accolades that were denied him because all but one of his seasons ended after game 16. We can consider ourselves fortunate because we saw him for 4 years and had the chance to follow him for his 11 year career.

short story I often share with friends:

I grew up playing baseball against Paul's older brother Stan. Stan and I played on competing all star teams and went to some pro scout days together during our Jr/Sr years of HS. I asked Stan while in the dugout of Three Rivers Stadium one afternoon, so is your brother Paul going to be at the tryouts next year with you? Stan laughed and smiled and just shook his head. He said "Paul is a football guy, he just plays baseball for something to do in the Spring." I remembered Paul's tall, lanky frame as a freshman and I said to Stan - "well good luck to him on that, but he sure doesn't look like a football player."

8 years later on a sunny Saturday afternoon and I'm wearing a #31 jersey in Beaver Stadium telling everyone around me "I knew he would be a great linebacker back when he was only a Fresh in HS!" lol

Congrats to Paul on a great career. Maybe there's still time to work on that baseball swing!

Come on, Dan. Do you not read and comprehend very well? ;)

He said "Dance class and dollhouses will be a new challenge".

That's a joke, Dan.

BTW, like many posters, he was my favorite Nittany Lion.

:cool:

OL
I read that quote, but assume that he's going to occupy his day with something other than dance class and doll houses. He is on a short list of my favorite players, up there with Barkley.

Reactions: MtNittany
*That* is how you retire from the NFL. Great person and player and outstanding representative of Penn State and Beaver County (my place of birth). Congrats on a fine career Paul! Enjoy!

917041e3-9f8e-4da2-b471-916cf9c732e6_zps8da0a332.jpg

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT