ADVERTISEMENT

Paper or Mobile Tix??

I called the ticket office (800 NITTANY) and requested printed tickets, I watched TV while in the cue for 20 minutes. Gave a credit card number and then was pleasantly surprised to get my tickets within week.
I was able to get paper tickets for just one game where I needed to get paper for someone who does not have a smart phone. The NLC people made me get all my tickets for that game in paper. It cost $10, not the $65 that others were writing about. The wait time for someone to answer was about one hour. I called early in the day.

Reactions: john4psu
I got my printed tickets yesterday.👍
I ordered mine on Monday morning, the young fellow to me I’d receive the tickets at the end of August or first week in September.

The tickets came this morning. 🤗
Face prices. :
Ball St….. $23
Auburn…. $108
Villanova….. $23
Indiana………. $62
Illinois ……….. $62
Michigan. ……. $108
Rutgers………. $62

Reactions: BBrown and 91Joe95
All the planning in the world is not going to help them find the necessary staffing. Locals around here don’t want to work because they enjoy game days and they normally pull staff from bigger cities and struggle. Now they are likely trying to pull from those same big cities (and maybe others) which currently have numerous businesses struggling to find labor on a daily basis because people don’t want to work. As a fan, plan for chaos. If you want to be in your seat for start of game, be prepared to give up some tailgating time. If you don’t, expect to be very frustrated at the gates.

NIL killed the ticket taker industry.

• Haha
Reactions: RGWhirly
finally got on the App this AM. Missing the paper tix already
So, I went into my mobile PSU app today to experiment with the Sell/Transfer feature. I attempted to list my two tickets for one particular game for sale. I selected the two seats (which are next to each other). The next step was to "Set Price". I hit that link and get a message "Tickets must be contiguous". I can't go any further.

I then try and transfer multiple tickets. As soon as I select 1 ticket, the others "gray out". It appears as though I have to transfer each individual ticket in separate transactions.

I mean WTF PSU and Ticketmaster? How can you release a system that is so full of errors? Certainly, there is time to straighten this out (I already sent PSU an email and I guess they'll respond early next week). But, what if this would have happened on game day? I would be livid and irate if these problems prevent me from selling or receiving tickets that day.

FWIW, it "isn't me". I have already transferred and received tickets through the desktop site, so I know what I am doing. The issues above are problems with the mobile app.

So, let's combine these mobile ticket app problems on game day along with the understaffed entrance gate attendants (because the 3rd party company providing those folks will be severely understaffed because they won't be able to find enough warm bodies to work - just like every other minimum wage service employer in this country) - it will be a real cluster at the gates on game day.

Instead of asking "what time do the parking lots open?", everybody should be asking "what time do the gates open?" because the long lines will be a significant source of delays and short tempers.

The first quarter of the Auburn whiteout game will be played in front of about 50,000 people because everyone else will be standing in line trying to get in the stadium.

I was able to get paper tickets for just one game where I needed to get paper for someone who does not have a smart phone. The NLC people made me get all my tickets for that game in paper. It cost $10, not the $65 that others were writing about. The wait time for someone to answer was about one hour. I called early in the day.
The $65 is the total for all your tickets for all games to be printed. FOr example, I have 6 tickets and I paid $65 total.

So, I went into my mobile PSU app today to experiment with the Sell/Transfer feature. I attempted to list my two tickets for one particular game for sale. I selected the two seats (which are next to each other). The next step was to "Set Price". I hit that link and get a message "Tickets must be contiguous". I can't go any further.

I then try and transfer multiple tickets. As soon as I select 1 ticket, the others "gray out". It appears as though I have to transfer each individual ticket in separate transactions.

I mean WTF PSU and Ticketmaster? How can you release a system that is so full of errors? Certainly, there is time to straighten this out (I already sent PSU an email and I guess they'll respond early next week). But, what if this would have happened on game day? I would be livid and irate if these problems prevent me from selling or receiving tickets that day.

FWIW, it "isn't me". I have already transferred and received tickets through the desktop site, so I know what I am doing. The issues above are problems with the mobile app.

So, let's combine these mobile ticket app problems on game day along with the understaffed entrance gate attendants (because the 3rd party company providing those folks will be severely understaffed because they won't be able to find enough warm bodies to work - just like every other minimum wage service employer in this country) - it will be a real cluster at the gates on game day.

Instead of asking "what time do the parking lots open?", everybody should be asking "what time do the gates open?" because the long lines will be a significant source of delays and short tempers.

The first quarter of the Auburn whiteout game will be played in front of about 50,000 people because everyone else will be standing in line trying to get in the stadium.
Can't give you any advise ....maybe you have to get rid of that "piece of shit 7 yr old phone" similar to the ones Kar and I have and buy a $800 Android. 2nd generation owned phones without the necessary private log ins to the wallet are a problem.

Sorry if previously posted, but are people aware what is going on in the ticket office? Previously tickets were handled by a 3rd party organization that manages tickets for multiple venues. James Grecco was the lead person at PSU and he had 11 employees. June 30th was his last day.

PSU has decided to go in-house with managing the tickets. The 12 previous employees have been replaced with 4. This is why when you call 1-800-NITTANY you get a message that says your wait time will be 1 hour and 84 minutes. (That actually happened to me). When that happened, I called a direct line that I had saved from previous call backs from Brittany Ferrizzi. It went to voicemail and I left a message. A short while later, much to my surprise I got a call back from one of the new employees. That person is the one that gave me my information.

I feel bad for the 4 new employees. They’re working hard and trying to do their best but really seem to be in a bad situation. I hope I’m wrong but like others I feel like this is going to be a cluster.

Sorry if previously posted, but are people aware what is going on in the ticket office? Previously tickets were handled by a 3rd party organization that manages tickets for multiple venues. James Grecco was the lead person at PSU and he had 11 employees. June 30th was his last day.

PSU has decided to go in-house with managing the tickets. The 12 previous employees have been replaced with 4. This is why when you call 1-800-NITTANY you get a message that says your wait time will be 1 hour and 84 minutes. (That actually happened to me). When that happened, I called a direct line that I had saved from previous call backs from Brittany Ferrizzi. It went to voicemail and I left a message. A short while later, much to my surprise I got a call back from one of the new employees. That person is the one that gave me my information.

I feel bad for the 4 new employees. They’re working hard and trying to do their best but really seem to be in a bad situation. I hope I’m wrong but like others I feel like this is going to be a cluster.

Sandy should hire more assistant to the assistant AD'S. She's an enigma sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT