ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Based on his 247 ranking there is very little chance he finds the football field at least in his first couple years anyways. In that sense it may be doable.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I think scheduling wise for competition (bowl season ends then wrestle January through March), it could work but with the conditioning/lifting demands of football in addition to the regular practices and all that wrestling demands, it can get very tough, very quick, especially with the need for the body to rest at times.

That being said, nothing wrong with the kid saying he intends to try for now.

Reactions: hlstone
Uncommitted in 2022 (Top 20):
Mendez -- PSU, Arizona State, Ohio State, Iowa, Purdue
Bouzakis -- no school list released, believed to be Arizona State, Iowa, Oklahoma, OKST, Ohio State, Penn State
Garvin
Williams -- Arizona State, Missouri, North Carolina, anOSU, Oklahoma, OKST, Wisconsin
Rowley -- Oregon State, Navy, Cornell, Purdue, VT, Wisconsin

Updated ^^ to include school lists (that I'm aware of).

For giggles, 2023 Top 10 uncommitted (only Welsh has released a school list as far as I know):
Shapiro
Mullen
Arnold
Jesuroga
Welsh -- UNI, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, tOSU, Pitt, NC State, Michigan
McGowan

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Sounds like Willie is going to continue with that same lame "Journalistic Professionalism precludes me from stealing a teenager's and family's thunder" crap. :)
I agree haha. I hate when someone takes a kids announcement away. Let the kid have his time. When it's coaching moves that involve adults then I'm ok with that. Just my 2 cents

crap. i better bump levi up a few spots.

just-kidding-but-seriously.gif

If a kid doesn’t want his announcement taken away .... he should keep his mouth shut.
Don’t disagree, but respectfully, that’s a bit harsh to say about a high school kid, when this is probably the biggest news in their young lives.

Adults who want to be the first to scoop the news and keep a kid from having his 5 minutes of time in the spotlight….. they should shut their mouth, jmo.

So who in the past spoiled a kids announcement? It's something brought up on this board from time to time so who do people have in mind when they are discussing it?

Would be interesting if Cael really gave Nic a deadline and then moved on, only to have Nic announce just a few weeks later. Perhaps Cael already knew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT