ADVERTISEMENT

Oweh

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
...funnyhow we went from projecting him as an all-world freak that we would struggle to keep off the field or out of an early trip to the NFL to someone we are now concerned that can’t even perform the basic requirements of a D-End?

...funnyhow we went from projecting him as an all-world freak that we would struggle to keep off the field or out of an early trip to the NFL to someone we are now concerned that can’t even perform the basic requirements of a D-End?

We who Kimosabe?

I'm one who happens to believe that playing big time college football is very hard and requires a lot of skill. Note that I did not say a lot of athletic ability. Whenever I read about a kiid and see the statement "he has only played football for.... one year, two years, I expect that player will take at least two years in the program before he is ready to contribute. I put Oweh in that category. Same with Darkwa and Mulbah. These kids are fabulous athletes for their size. But playing the game of football requires more than just size and speed. I'm very confident Oweh will develop into a big time player at PSU but I would not expect to see more than the occasional flash until next year.

Well, there is this little matter of him getting tossed around. I guess you could say the same thing about the AA candidate playing at the other end spot.

They left lots of room for improvement.

Let the record show I did not boo them, though I was thinking negative thoughts.

tumblr_op2mv4Pecf1qkejxno1_400.gif

"We". This post is embarrassing.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
He is a redshirt freshman who played several years of football before coming to PSU. Most people knew he was a freakish athlete who needed to be developed. Does this mean he will be entering the portal?

Reactions: Judge Smails

Seriously, what is the point of this post? Two games into the season and you man up to bash a kid? What’s the point? Please elaborate as to your infinite wisdom.
Let me add, people like you piss me off.
And, Tom’s gif is exactly what I’m thinking.

OL

Reactions: Dave1649
No disrespect to the others but Simmons needs to play a lot more opposite YGM

Simmons should get the nod once we settle into a more fixed rotation and heres why:

Flashed potential when not injured and has put on good weight it appears
Was a huge recruit out of high school
Never played the recruiting game with us
Never played the transfer gsme with us
His mom loves the program and talks us up on social media all the time.

I know the days of Joe are gone, but this kid has earned his shot in multiple way. A throwback kinda guy

No disrespect to the others but Simmons needs to play a lot more opposite YGM
On the depth chart, Simmons plays the same side as YGM as his back-up. Oweh backs up Toney. Franklin said this is the best DE group he's ever had, but they didn't show it against Buffalo. Sometimes we get enamored by 40 times, but a lineman has to be able to hold his own at the LOS against some powerful people.

I'm one who happens to believe that playing big time college football is very hard and requires a lot of skill. Note that I did not say a lot of athletic ability. Whenever I read about a kiid and see the statement "he has only played football for.... one year, two years, I expect that player will take at least two years in the program before he is ready to contribute. I put Oweh in that category. Same with Darkwa and Mulbah. These kids are fabulous athletes for their size. But playing the game of football requires more than just size and speed. I'm very confident Oweh will develop into a big time player at PSU but I would not expect to see more than the occasional flash until next year.

Exactly, you don't get recruited to PSU (or any D1 school for that matter) without being a freak of an athlete. Carl Nassib was a walk on, but proof that it still takes hard work to make it in big time college athletics...

Simmons should get the nod once we settle into a more fixed rotation and heres why:

Flashed potential when not injured and has put on good weight it appears
Was a huge recruit out of high school
Never played the recruiting game with us
Never played the transfer gsme with us
His mom loves the program and talks us up on social media all the time.

I know the days of Joe are gone, but this kid has earned his shot in multiple way. A throwback kinda guy

so mommy sucking ball sack on social media gets you on the field. Sweet jesus

Is that a core value? Literally the dumbest thing posted on this board since Nate said Virginia was overrated.
Holy shit. I need a drink. Little Vodka and OJ to start my day. Its Not even 6am.

Is that a core value? Literally the dumbest thing posted on this board since Nate said Virginia was overrated.
Holy shit. I need a drink. Little Vodka and OJ to start my day. Its Not even 6am.

You get up at 6 AM and the first thing you think of is sucking ballsacks and drinking? To top it off you act like a total.dick to boot? The very first point was tbat simmons has been good when not hurt. But you jump to point #7 and hang your hat on it. I bet youre a bitch in real life.

Last.post on this shit hole forum. Way too many assholes. 15 year run under 2 names. **** it.

What I saw in replays was Oweh taking himself out of the play by going too wide. The same for Toney. I don't think it is a skill issue. It's about getting more comfortable with the reads which makes it part coaching. They'll both be fine

Reactions: flash86
You get up at 6 AM and the first thing you think of is sucking ballsacks and drinking? To top it off you act like a total.dick to boot? The very first point was tbat simmons has been good when not hurt. But you jump to point #7 and hang your hat on it. I bet youre a bitch in real life.

Last.post on this shit hole forum. Way too many assholes. 15 year run under 2 names. **** it.
You basically made a post that said he should start because he's a nicer guy. This isn't peewee ball and Simmons would be starting for sure if he were a clear #1. That is the truth.

8b6fb1129aa2e91d2330176610b0f7de.jpg

You basically made a post that said he should start because he's a nicer guy. This isn't peewee ball and Simmons would be starting for sure if he were a clear #1. That is the truth.
Yeah, that's true and it's not something most of us would endorse but to characterize a player's mother's support for the program in such a vulgar fashion was way out of line. This woman has been nothing but a cheerleader for the Penn State program and deserves our respect. She isn't the one who asked for favoritism.

I read fkkkjim's post and thought he was sarcastically trolling everybody with his reasons for starting Simmons because nobody could seriously think his reasons would be valid once a player leaves high school and arrives at the practice field on campus.

Not only did you bite on his (presumed) sarcasm, but your vulgar response was way out of line.

Reactions: Saquon4President
On the depth chart, Simmons plays the same side as YGM as his back-up. Oweh backs up Toney. Franklin said this is the best DE group he's ever had, but they didn't show it against Buffalo. Sometimes we get enamored by 40 times, but a lineman has to be able to hold his own at the LOS against some powerful people.

Duhhh I completely spaced about him playing the same side as YGM. Thanks for pointing that out.
So could he be one of the "people moving around"?
@SJLuvsLions or @gemrich how hard is for DE's to switch sides?

Duhhh I completely spaced about him playing the same side as YGM. Thanks for pointing that out.
So could he be one of the "people moving around"?
@SJLuvsLions or @gemrich how hard is for DE's to switch sides?

It IS a transition, but nothing overly complicated. Aside from using the opposite hand/arm/shoulder now when fighting off blocks or making tackles, the big adjustment is to the mental aspects of alignment and assignment.

Reactions: BBrown
Yeah, that's true and it's not something most of us would endorse but to characterize a player's mother's support for the program in such a vulgar fashion was way out of line. This woman has been nothing but a cheerleader for the Penn State program and deserves our respect. She isn't the one who asked for favoritism.
Oh yeah...the comments on his mother were just flat out idiotic. You cannot fix the stupid that some exude on this site.

omg, some people are just stupid...It's his first year getting real playing time and last week he played opposite of 4th and 5th year players for the most part. As for Johnson...the collective wisdom of 90% of PSU fans thought that Josh Hull should've never played....yet he was in the NFL for what, 5 years..

but yeah, oweh sucks, they should probably just take his scholarship now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT