ADVERTISEMENT

Over before it starts?

Well, the 42 number is since June. But it is still 29 between September 1 and September 15. By my count and understanding, anyone that tested positive on September 15 would have to sit out of practice until October 6. Depends on what day they got their positive result.

I think the 21 days starts the day you test positive. If the individual tested positive on September 1, they could start practice next Tuesday, September 22. Wisconsin should be OK if they clean things up. But they might be a red/red and unable to play if they had a game this weekend.

Reactions: bison13
Of course... this is set up so the Presidents look good in the end. Wisconsin right away has to shutdown for three weeks.Expect more to come with the threshold only at 8.

Ya, that's about the same number I came up with.

I think the start date was chosen with all schools in mind. It would give the teams time to quarantine again and also get enough practice in for the season.

So if you have to cancel a game due to a COVID outbreak is it a loss, or just never happened ?

So if you have to cancel a game due to a COVID outbreak is it a loss, or just never happened ?

I think "never happened". And the reason I believe it would be "never happened" is because if you are giving one team a "Loss" for losing a game because they have to forfeit due to covid, then in equilibrium fairness, the other team would get a "Win" for a game in which their opponent forfeited. For example, lets say Ohio State has to forfeit the game vs. Penn State because 50 of their players test positive. If we give Ohio St a "loss" then in fairness of balance Penn St would be awarded a "win" ...... Now let's say at the end of the year Penn St is sitting at 9-0. But 1 of those 9 wins was not really a win, but rather a gifted win. They really only won 8 games on the field..... The CFP Committee would definitely recognize this. The CFP Committee would be analyzing Penn St as 8-0 and not 9-0. .... If that's the realistic case, then why award W/L in forfeit games. Just make forfeit games "never happened".

Reactions: katchthis
We’ve got COVID! Yes we do!

We’ve got COVID! How about youuuuu?!
Jesus Bob, something tells me you are very bored. Here you go:

Vigorashely-2019-White-Sexy-Bikini-Set-Women-Swimsuit-Solid-Beachwear-Push-Up-Swimwear-Brazilian-Bikini-Set-49.jpg_640x640-49.jpg

Last edited:
Virginia Tech has postponed 3 games so far. The coach stated last week that he couldn't field a team.

In the end, the Big Ten and the Pac 12 may have made the smarter and safer decision. Screw the "armchair experts"
This morning, ESPN said VT's issues weren't with the football team but were from the number of cases on campus (general student population).

Well, the 42 number is since June. But it is still 29 between September 1 and September 15. By my count and understanding, anyone that tested positive on September 15 would have to sit out of practice until October 6. Depends on what day they got their positive result.

I think the 21 days starts the day you test positive. If the individual tested positive on September 1, they could start practice next Tuesday, September 22. Wisconsin should be OK if they clean things up. But they might be a red/red and unable to play if they had a game this weekend.

Wisky may be ahead of be curve if they get the majority of their team infected early, and then recovered with the antibodies, so that they are pretty much all clear and "healthy" when the games begin. Versus a a team with few positive tests in September but a rash of infections in mid-October that put their team in a bind during the "season"..........

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
Virginia Tech has postponed 3 games so far. The coach stated last week that he couldn't field a team.

In the end, the Big Ten and the Pac 12 may have made the smarter and safer decision. Screw the "armchair experts"

i am curious what makes you say that? These 41 positives happened while they were shut down?

Starting earlier as given them more of a window to make up games. As of now the B1G will have ZERO roo to maneuver if teams are found to have just 5% of the team with Covid.

ITS ALMOST LIKE THEY SET IT ALL UP TO GET SHUT DOWN ON PURPOSE.

This morning, ESPN said VT's issues weren't with the football team but were from the number of cases on campus (general student population).

So the Va Tech coach lied when he said he didn't have enough players to participate?

Reactions: nits74
Starting earlier as given them more of a window to make up games. As of now the B1G will have ZERO roo to maneuver if teams are found to have just 5% of the team with Covid.

I thought that they pushed their game with Virginia until after the regular season schedule in mid December.

I 100% agree. Things can change. Who knows what news, twists & turns happen over the next 30-days. Heck, the way things have been going, there could be major changes in next 3-days.... But right now, I'd agree with you. IMO< the SEC, ACC, Big12 appear to have handled it better. The SEC simply post-poned their start until 9/26. Kicking off 9/26 (instead of 10/24) gives the SEC about 4 additional weeks of "flexibility" to add in bye weeks and/or make up post-poned games. As it stands right now, any B1G team could NOT 'post-pone" they'd have to cancel because waiting until 10/24 to kick-off gives them absolutely zero margin of error.

I 100% agree. Things can change. Who knows what news, twists & turns happen over the next 30-days. Heck, the way things have been going, there could be major changes in next 3-days.... But right now, I'd agree with you. IMO< the SEC, ACC, Big12 appear to have handled it better. The SEC simply post-poned their start until 9/26. Kicking off 9/26 (instead of 10/24) gives the SEC about 4 additional weeks of "flexibility" to add in bye weeks and/or make up post-poned games. As it stands right now, any B1G team could NOT 'post-pone" they'd have to cancel because waiting until 10/24 to kick-off gives them absolutely zero margin of error.

Yep. Agree with you 100%.

Unless maybe you're Barry Alvarez. : ^ )

The armchair experts are already at it with their conspiracy theories. All a set-up, etc. Unreal.

Yep. December 12.

The ACC, SEC, and Big 12 built in Windows of flexibility that our bonehead Presidents didn't.
If they push the make-up games until after the season and then push the championship game until later because of make-up games, what difference did it make when they started?

Well, they did have them built in....4 days before they decided to shut everything down :rolleyes:

Yep. I have a feeling that the highly educated, genius Presidents that came up with the new starting date never had anything to do with that original schedule that made so much more sense. They were given four options this time and picked the absolute worst of the four.

Reactions: bison13 and BBrown
If they push the make-up games until after the season and then push the championship game until later because of make-up games, what difference did it make when they started?
It wouldn’t if they did that, but I bet they won’t so it does matter. But who knows maybe they will then it won’t. I trust that clarifies things.

Reactions: step.eng69

I have a son at VT. The news all along has been that it was general student pop that led to the postponement. Also, the first game Sep12 postponed by NC St, not VT. Unless it happened today, there was no third game postponed.

What??? What is it with you and me??? : ^ )

That's exactly what I was advocating we should have done. That's why I said an October 10 or 17 start made more sense. We could have then built in one or two weeks before the Championship game strictly for makeup games, which Wisconsin is showing will have probably been a good idea under our far more extreme COVID restrictions.

It wouldn’t if they did that, but I bet they won’t so it does matter. But who knows maybe they will then it won’t. I trust that clarifies things.

The ACC has already built in the flexibility to play the Championship Game on December 19 if need be.

Yep. I have a feeling that the highly educated, genius Presidents that came up with the new starting date never had anything to do with that original schedule that made so much more sense. They were given four options this time and picked the absolute worst of the four.
I’ll disagree on this one, Their dumb as foxes, because they picked the one that covers their collective asses the best. If the season works they can claim the credit while reminding everyone that it was delayed only for safety reasons. And see how right we were. If the proposed format fails, then from their lofty perch they can backslap each other on what fools we other simple mortals be as they claim the high ground.

I still want to know if programs will be shut down if people get the flu
“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward during a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

“This is deadly stuff,” the president said.

It’s 21 days until you can play in a game. Doesn’t say anything about practice

I’ll disagree on this one, Their dumb as foxes, because they picked the one that covers their collective asses the best. If the season works they can claim the credit while reminding everyone that it was delayed only for safety reasons. And see how right we were. If the proposed format fails, then from their lofty perch they can backslap each other on what fools we other simple mortals be as they claim the high ground.

Oh no. I pretty much agree with what you say. My post was probably just a poor attempt at sarcasm.

I seem have been having a lot of communication problems the last couple of days. : ^ )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT