ADVERTISEMENT

Our visit to Evanston

Wandering Spectator

Dec 17, 2017
Chandler, AZ
www.wanderingspectator.com
We made the trip to Evanston for the Penn State game this past weekend.

TL;DR Very nice campus. Awesome Lake views. Expected more team support/spirit. Loved the N Zone concept and easy access to the stadium.

Here’s my writeup of our visit.

Another impressive writeup! So well researched and interesting.

I expected more traditional campus buildings.....many impressive modern structures, but they don't work together to form a cohesive campus. Can't argue with the views though.

Thanks!

We made the trip to Evanston for the Penn State game this past weekend.

TL;DR Very nice campus. Awesome Lake views. Expected more team support/spirit. Loved the N Zone concept and easy access to the stadium.

Here’s my writeup of our visit.

Thanks. Appreciate you views.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
Love your "On the Road" posts...keep 'em coming!

My sister lived and worked in Evanston for about 10 years. First for Northwestern and then Rotary International which has its' global HQ there.

Neat town. More than just the university. Pretty diverse population as the buffer between the Chicago City limits and the ultra wealthy North Shore Burbs.

Great water views and access...sis had free sailing lessons and boat use via NW. I think Northwestern is one of only a small handful of colleges with their own beach. The only problem is that it is so cold and windy that you can barely use it!

I went to our 93 game there and was shocked at how little the stadium experience seemed compared to ours. My parents went out the year we lost to Gary Barnett. Very different experience when they were starting to become relevant. Those days are long gone...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT