ADVERTISEMENT

Our best fullback...

kijanacat

Nov 21, 2015
is Saquon Barkley. With his size, speed and moves, he would destroy most defenses if got the ball 1/2 yard off the line and moving forward instead of six yards deep and trying to run around the ends. Way too much time for the DLs to move on him. The three thousand yards he has already run would have been going forward instead of sideways and avoiding tackles. Remember Tony Dorsett in our game with him in 1976 (?). At halftime, Majors moved him to fullback and he killed us the second half. Of course, Moorhead knows best.

Reactions: vops
Coaches aren't perfect, even the best ones. It's not unfair to question them on things that aren't working. Of course that doesn't mean we're right either.
Got me to thinking about best FB's in team history. I've got Tim Manoa and whom did he share the position with? Think PSU had some other outstanding fullbacks.

Got me to thinking about best FB's in team history. I've got Tim Manoa and whom did he share the position with? Think PSU had some other outstanding fullbacks.

Steve Smith teamed with Manoa. Other great FBs were Brian Milne, Sam Gash, Matt Suhey, Jon Witman, Brian O'Neal and maybe #1: Franco Harris

I am not saying we do this every play. I am saying this SB's talent
With limited practice time in college it's not that easy to put in a new package like that. If you just use that formation to run a play or two then the defense knows what is coming. You would have to practice multiple plays out of it.

Reactions: kickerinaz
Great names, must be getting old, I couldn't remember Smith, Whitman and Milne.

You guys are way too young. Try some names like Cherry, Abbey, Donchez. How about Franco Harris when he and Lydell Mitchell and Charlie Pittman played in the same backfield.

Reactions: vops
Always liked Jason Sload as a blocking back. Witman and Milne in the full house backfield with Sload in motion was a pretty potent short yardage.

Paul Jefferson was more than solid as well.

I would love to see merely line up under center with Barkley in the back field vs Michigan or OSU.

The defense would sh*t themselves.

is Saquon Barkley. With his size, speed and moves, he would destroy most defenses if got the ball 1/2 yard off the line and moving forward instead of six yards deep and trying to run around the ends. Way too much time for the DLs to move on him. The three thousand yards he has already run would have been going forward instead of sideways and avoiding tackles. Remember Tony Dorsett in our game with him in 1976 (?). At halftime, Majors moved him to fullback and he killed us the second half. Of course, Moorhead knows best.

So we actually already do this. I wrote a detailed post on the paid board but I'll spare you guys that and supply some spark notes:

Right now, this QB iso is my favorite play we run because it utilizes a lead blocker - whether you think 26 should be a lead blocker or not is a whole other discussion.

There appears to be a pop pass wrinkle which we saw against NW

I think based upon which gap the MIKE fills it is either a pass or ISO.

So we actually already do this. I wrote a detailed post on the paid board but I'll spare you guys that and supply some spark notes:

Right now, this QB iso is my favorite play we run because it utilizes a lead blocker - whether you think 26 should be a lead blocker or not is a whole other discussion.

There appears to be a pop pass wrinkle which we saw against NW

I think based upon which gap the MIKE fills it is either a pass or ISO.
Guns is that your 1st rd draft choice playing high, and getting rolled out of there by 74? IIRC you said Lancaster was a beast and be all over the field, I've yet to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT