ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who watched the new Star Trek: Discovery episode?

Op2

Mar 16, 2014
I'm a big fan of Star Trek so I was hopeful. But I not only didn't like it, I couldn't even understand it. It felt incoherent. The camera was always shaking and it never stayed on a person for more than a few seconds and weird lights and and noises were going on constantly and I literally couldn't tell what was going on. And a lot of it was so dark (physically dark I mean...little light) I couldn't see what was happening.

And I know Klingons have their own language but can't you take a little artistic liscense and just have them speak in English and save the Klingon-speak for special times? All the Klingon scenes felt like they were trying to impress you visually and in fact a lot of the rest of the show felt like that too. If I want a laser light show I'll go to my local planetarium when they do the show with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon."

I didn't get any sense of the story or the characters. I thought it was awful. But I looked up reviews online and some said it was great. So I don't know what to thing. I'd be interested in hearing other opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT