ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is the WORST Christmas song?

Any version of 'Baby It's Cold Outside' - I get that when written times were different, but ugh - just tasteless...

(So really I'd better scurry) Beautiful please don't hurry
(Well maybe just half a drink) Put some records on while I pour
(The neighbors might think) Baby it's bad out there
(Say what's in this drink) No cabs to be had out there
(I wish I knew how) Your eyes are like starlight now
(To break this spell) I'll take your hat your hair looks swell
(I ought to say no no) Mind if I move in closer
(At least I'm going to say I tried) What's the sense of hurting my pride
(I really can't stay) Baby don't hold out
(Both) Baby it's cold outside

I've never understood why people consider this to be a Christmas song.

So many to choose from for thew worst, but my FAVORITE BEST ALL TIME is Barking Dogs Jingle Bells. Put a couple of beers in me and I can do a reasonable rendition of it - it amused my son (but not my wife) for years. See the link below for substantiation of my claim and more information about the "song".

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...the-singing-dogs-changed-music-forever/68273/

Call me sentimental, but close second favorite: Merry F@#$%ing Christmas:

Link:

Back Door Santa really isn't about Christmas either. It's about a guy who comes around pleasing the women with his 'gifts' while the men are out, so they call him the back door Santa.

No, neither Let it Snow, Let it Snow, which has nothing to do with Christmas and a lot to do with the singer's philosophy regarding winter weather, and his misguided notion that he somehow has a say in the matter.
Jingle Bells was originally written for Thanksgiving, but us been co-opted over the years by Christmas.

Reactions: BBrown
Any version of 'Baby It's Cold Outside' - I get that when written times were different, but ugh - just tasteless...

(So really I'd better scurry) Beautiful please don't hurry
(Well maybe just half a drink) Put some records on while I pour
(The neighbors might think) Baby it's bad out there
(Say what's in this drink) No cabs to be had out there
(I wish I knew how) Your eyes are like starlight now
(To break this spell) I'll take your hat your hair looks swell
(I ought to say no no) Mind if I move in closer
(At least I'm going to say I tried) What's the sense of hurting my pride
(I really can't stay) Baby don't hold out
(Both) Baby it's cold outside
Yeah, if you actually sit and listen to the lyrics closely, nothing says Christmas like a song about slipping someone a roofie and date rape.

I second McCartney's. Horrible.

I am not familiar with Back Door Santa, but anything by Bon Jovi is sure to make my ears hurt.

Agreed, loath the McCartney song. Also cant stand "Feliz Navidad"... hate, hate, hate that damn song.

Ok today is slow and I'm the Grinch, but some Christmas songs are putrid and you hear them a billion times, and they get stuck in your head, and you need a gallon of eggnog to wash them out of your brain (which is really not a bad idea if it has enough rum). Anyway, here are my nominations....
- 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'. Somebody run over the guy who wrote this.
- 'The Christmas Shoes.' Sticks to the bottom of your shoe & won't come off.
- Twelve Days of Christmas'. Ok we get it, just stop with the five gold rings already.
-'Free the World (don't they know it's Christmas time)'. Insufferable rock stars acting like insufferable rock stars.
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!
Anything sung by the Chipmunks

Nobody choosing "Donde esta Santa Claus?" Nothing like a cha-cha Christmas dance...

Ok today is slow and I'm the Grinch, but some Christmas songs are putrid and you hear them a billion times, and they get stuck in your head, and you need a gallon of eggnog to wash them out of your brain (which is really not a bad idea if it has enough rum). Anyway, here are my nominations....
- 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'. Somebody run over the guy who wrote this.
- 'The Christmas Shoes.' Sticks to the bottom of your shoe & won't come off.
- Twelve Days of Christmas'. Ok we get it, just stop with the five gold rings already.
-'Free the World (don't they know it's Christmas time)'. Insufferable rock stars acting like insufferable rock stars.
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!
The Snoopy/Red Baron song. I would not miss that song if I never hear it again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT