ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is the WORST Christmas song?

Frabjous

Oct 3, 2013
the corner of Pork & Beans
Ok today is slow and I'm the Grinch, but some Christmas songs are putrid and you hear them a billion times, and they get stuck in your head, and you need a gallon of eggnog to wash them out of your brain (which is really not a bad idea if it has enough rum). Anyway, here are my nominations....
- 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'. Somebody run over the guy who wrote this.
- 'The Christmas Shoes.' Sticks to the bottom of your shoe & won't come off.
- Twelve Days of Christmas'. Ok we get it, just stop with the five gold rings already.
-'Free the World (don't they know it's Christmas time)'. Insufferable rock stars acting like insufferable rock stars.
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

Ok today is slow and I'm the Grinch, but some Christmas songs are putrid and you hear them a billion times, and they get stuck in your head, and you need a gallon of eggnog to wash them out of your brain (which is really not a bad idea if it has enough rum). Anyway, here are my nominations....
- 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'. Somebody run over the guy who wrote this.
- Twelve Days of Christmas'. Ok we get it, just stop with the five gold rings already.
-'Free the World (don't they know it's Christmas time)'. Insufferable rock stars acting like insufferable rock stars.

John Denver - "Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas" (I don't want to see my momma cry).

Would have posted everyone of those with the exception of Do They Know it Christmas, I kind of like it.
I would substitute the 12 days of Christmas for it.

I am a lover of nearly all Christmas songs, especially the traditional ones like "Silent Night", "Oh Come All Ye Faithful", The First Noel...
One song I've never liked, even a a kid, is "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". I especially dislike the versions where words are spoken after a verse is sung, as in "you would even say it glows---like a light bulb" or "used to laugh and call him names---like stupid" or "they never let poor Rudolph, join in any reindeer games ---like Monopoly".

Reactions: Mixolydian
Any version of 'Baby It's Cold Outside' - I get that when written times were different, but ugh - just tasteless...

(So really I'd better scurry) Beautiful please don't hurry
(Well maybe just half a drink) Put some records on while I pour
(The neighbors might think) Baby it's bad out there
(Say what's in this drink) No cabs to be had out there
(I wish I knew how) Your eyes are like starlight now
(To break this spell) I'll take your hat your hair looks swell
(I ought to say no no) Mind if I move in closer
(At least I'm going to say I tried) What's the sense of hurting my pride
(I really can't stay) Baby don't hold out
(Both) Baby it's cold outside

Jiggity jig hee haw hee haw it's Dominick the donkey!!! I can't help but laugh at that song every time I hear that. Between that and Hippopotamus for Christmas. I pretty much like it all honestly. This cup is usually overflowing not just half full so I will take a month of Christmas cheer.

Blue Christmas by Elvis by far my favorite.

I am a lover of nearly all Christmas songs, especially the traditional ones like "Silent Night", "Oh Come All Ye Faithful", The First Noel...
One song I've never liked, even a a kid, is "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". I especially dislike the versions where words are spoken after a verse is sung, as in "you would even say it glows---like a light bulb" or "used to laugh and call him names---like stupid" or "they never let poor Rudolph, join in any reindeer games ---like Monopoly".

Here ya go!

Reactions: fairgambit
Jiggity jig hee haw hee haw it's Dominick the donkey!!! I can't help but laugh at that song every time I hear that. Between that and Hippopotamus for Christmas. I pretty much like it all honestly. This cup is usually overflowing not just half full so I will take a month of Christmas cheer.

Blue Christmas by Elvis by far my favorite.

My favorites.....'O Come, O Come Emmanuel' - Belle & Sebastian; 'Christmas Wrapping' - The Waitresses; 'Cantique de Noel' - Rufus Wainwright.

Reactions: BBrown
Bon Jovi's "Back Door Santa" followed by McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time."

I second McCartney's. Horrible.

I am not familiar with Back Door Santa, but anything by Bon Jovi is sure to make my ears hurt.

All of them are bad

there are so many- anything by any rock band, country singer, or teen diva- those all suck

Paul McCartney and Wings - "Wonderful Christmas Time"

Simply.Having.AWonderfulChristmasTime

lion_drunk.jpg

Oh, man, fairgambit. You're dissin' Rudolph? The adds-ons are lame but the song itself . . . classic! You will receive a black potato for Christmas this year.

Reactions: fairgambit
The Chipmunks. I Always smile when I envision the carnage as they were all struck simultaneously by both barrels of a decent shotgun. Don't tell the kids, ok?

Sorry Art and Judge, didn't see you already posted this one. The synthesizers are enough to make you shoot yourself! Ding dong ding dong ding dong!

Reactions: Judge Smails
The noggier I get, the likier I am for all Christmas songs, especially the ones I know the words to and the ones I don't know the words too. Eventually, I will sing them all at full volume!

My #1 was taken (Dominick) but 1a would be Springsteen's version of "Merry Christmas Baby".

The Chipmunks. I Always smile when I envision the carnage as they were all struck simultaneously by both barrels of a decent shotgun. Don't tell the kids, ok?

Not to mix threads, but it would be ok with me if JarJar Binks took a bullet for one of the chipmunks

I am so tired of hearing Bruce's Santa Claus is Coming to Town I could scream. Now there are not one but at least TWO covers of the Springsteen version of Santa, the Pointer Sisters one, which is a direct ripoff and I swear I heard another country version of this loser, same syncopation as Bruce and the Pointers. Stop it. Stop covering somebody else's version of a hundred year old song nobody above the age of 7 even likes.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Matt Millen"

Anything by Mannheim Steamroller or the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Feliz Navidad: It's just four lines, two of which are essential the same.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT