ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What animal could you beat in a fight?

A raccoon just wandered into our backyard chiminea area and I think I could take one down.

tenor.gif

A raccoon just wandered into our backyard chiminea area and I think I could take one down.

tenor.gif
If you get bit or scratched, go get the rabies vaccine.
Having come out on the short end attempting to stop a 50 # pit bull from attacking a small 15 # dog I have decided that if I see that again my intervention will be a loud noise and 95 grains. That way I can avoid another three hours in the emergency room and two weeks of pain. The victim dog now hops along on three legs and the owners of the pit bull paid $11,000 in vet bills. They also now have a two month old daughter and still have the dog.

• Wow
Reactions: Fac and PSJimbo
If you get bit or scratched, go get the rabies vaccine.
Having come out on the short end attempting to stop a 50 # pit bull from attacking a small 15 # dog I have decided that if I see that again my intervention will be a loud noise and 95 grains. That way I can avoid another three hours in the emergency room and two weeks of pain. The victim dog now hops along on three legs and the owners of the pit bull paid $11,000 in vet bills. They also now have a two month old daughter and still have the dog.
Sorry to hear about that.

It's more than ten years ago now, but someone in our neighborhood had three Dogo Argentinos - a male, and two females. When the owner would be walking the male in the neighborhood I used to look at it and wonder how I would hold up if that dog attacked me. I had my doubts. It was an impressive specimen, a loaded spring.

Who are these ****ing morons they polled?

Shit an adult male chimp would destroy any unarmed human - and it would be a bloody mess
When I was in Nam one night a monkey either jumped or fell into my fighting hole. He screeched and jumped out of one side, and I jumped out of the other side. Damn thing scared the sh*t out of me. I was lucky nobody shot me in the great monkey melee.
While scrambling out I cut my arm on God knows what. A corpsman came by and bandaged it, and I tried to talk him into putting me up for a Purple Heart. He laughed his ass off. He just wouldn’t buy my story that it was an NVA monkey 🐵. I know I wouldn’t want to fight one of them.

The footage of a vicious chimpanzee attack is real eye opener. It happens in a flash. Then again, some of those people think that they could kick a grizzly bear's a$$. That's confidence.
I just saw a momma grizzly and her cub up close yesterday in WY. No way any human is going to win that fight. Unless you consider surviving to be winning.

Sorry to hear about that.

It's more than ten years ago now, but someone in our neighborhood had three Dogo Argentinos - a male, and two females. When the owner would be walking the male in the neighborhood I used to look at it and wonder how I would hold up if that dog attacked me. I had my doubts. It was an impressive specimen, a loaded spring.
One is more than enough. We once owned a house near, but thankfully not next to, some very wealthy part-time residents from Latin America who owned a Dogo mostly for property protection purposes. The dog lived in the house full time but the owners were only periodic guests.

The guy who walked the dog twice per day was a human toothpick, but he had complete control of that dog. Very strange.

The Dogo Argentino and the American Pitbull Terrier (APBT) are similar in looks, so much so that the Dogo Argentino is often mistaken for an APBT, and a white APBT is often mistaken for a Dogo Argentino.

They are both sociable pups, but the APBT is much more outgoing and friendly with strangers, whereas the Dogo Argentino is warier and naturally more protective of his estate with a high prey drive.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I could outrun a possum.

Have caught groundhogs, raccoons, possums, and a skunk. Raccoons are the most feisty, groundhogs second (except when really agitated), then possums, and then skunks. I always release the skunks and possums, and will try to release raccoons, but that's not always feasible. Groundhogs are a pest animal in my state.

Funny story with the one possum. He/she had been in the trap for a day (in the shade), but it was daylight when I went to release just inside the woods. This one was a bit younger and somewhat disoriented; rather than scamper into the safety of the woods, it came toward me in the open grass. Was a bit comical because they aren't great "sprinters" and I easily retreated out of the way, but like a someone who passed out after a night of heavy drinking, it eventually figured out what to do...

Reactions: brupsu
They should have cross referenced IQ and self predicted ability to best certain animals in fights.
I would bet anybody who thinks they can beat a lion, Grizzly, elephant or crocodile in a fight has an IQ in the bottom quartile.

You'd think I'd stop being surprised at how stupid people are. I'm assuming every polled guy was drunk and asked in front of the girl he was trying to take home.

7% of men also said they could throw this football over that mountain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT