ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Majority of the mask wearing is being done by college kids on the flight (out of Raleigh Durham). Definite social statement but I don’t even know what that statement is at this point other than stupidity.
Ill ask you a simple question...Why do you really care about who wears a mask or not? It has no impact on you. I can care less if someone has one on. If you have flown long enough Asian people have been wearing them at airports for decades. Who cares. Why sweat the small stuff.

Ill ask you a simple question...Why do you really care about who wears a mask or not? It has no impact on you. I can care less if someone has one on. If you have flown long enough Asian people have been wearing them at airports for decades. Who cares. Why sweat the small stuff.
Because every person wearing a mask is more evidence that our population can be controlled by politicians/media to do very stupid and harmful things. The more that continue to wear masks increase the risk to children (a decent percentage who now have developed educational gaps and psychological problems as a result of masks, particularly in inner cities). If enough signal their willingness to further harm children with masks, their political masters may deem it feasible to force this and more upon our children again to gain further control.

Because every person wearing a mask is more evidence that our population can be controlled by politicians/media to do very stupid and harmful things. The more that continue to wear masks increase the risk to children (a decent percentage who now have developed educational gaps and psychological problems as a result of masks, particularly in inner cities). If enough signal their willingness to further harm children with masks, their political masters may deem it feasible to force this and more upon our children again to gain further control.
Come on that's a reach. I'm not a mask person as I understand the science but if people want to walk around wearing them I have no issue with it. It has no impact on me or on children as there are no mandates forcing kids to wear them. Its mostly adults wearing them at airports or in groups settings.

According to Lee Fang, a far left writer (used to work for TheNation but is now independent) Big Pharma funded the vaccine disinformation. I don't consider Fang to be a USDA Grade A source but his detail here is pretty granular.

Come on that's a reach. I'm not a mask person as I understand the science but if people want to walk around wearing them I have no issue with it. It has no impact on me or on children as there are no mandates forcing kids to wear them. Its mostly adults wearing them at airports or in groups settings.
I wouldn't feel this way had the masks only been misguidedly recommended but they were mandated for far too long and STILL ARE in many places like many medical facilities. Some places have no masking required in waiting rooms but required in other rooms as if rooms in shared ventilation facilities magically are airtight. It's like the entire medical community is announcing that they do not understand the science of aerosol propagation.

Further, the way the department of education leaned on decision makers to require extended mask mandates and distance learning for months and months longer than EVERYONE knew it was only harming children and making a joke of education, any opportunity we give those selfish SOBs to try it again and you know they will and with even more draconian measures. They had no consequences to intentionally harming children for months. They will try it again with nothing to lose.

I wouldn't feel this way had the masks only been misguidedly recommended but they were mandated for far too long and STILL ARE in many places like many medical facilities. Some places have no masking required in waiting rooms but required in other rooms as if rooms in shared ventilation facilities magically are airtight. It's like the entire medical community is announcing that they do not understand the science of aerosol propagation.

Further, the way the department of education leaned on decision makers to require extended mask mandates and distance learning for months and months longer than EVERYONE knew it was only harming children and making a joke of education, any opportunity we give those selfish SOBs to try it again and you know they will and with even more draconian measures. They had no consequences to intentionally harming children for months. They will try it again with nothing to lose.
so many kids still wearing masks in MD schools. They wonder why we have a mental health crisis as well as kids who have no social skills.

At the airport. With all that has come out and the ability to have multiple boosters, and the current lack of potency of the omicron variant. I really, really want to go up to these people wearing masks, especially surgical masks which now even Fauci admits are about worthless, and ask why they have a mask on.
I start coughing any time I walk by someone in a mask.

That's a form of child abuse, and the people who still are mandating this should be prosecuted for same, but they won't.
It’s not mandated, but let’s just say that if anybody questions somebody who wears a mask, they are getting reprimanded

Reactions: MacNit07
not online persona BUT I think the point is why do they wear masks? does it matter to anyone ? No Does it suggest whomever they are they swallowed hook line and sinker the narrative pushed by the government to the point they are still believing it.

Majority of the mask wearing is being done by college kids on the flight (out of Raleigh Durham). Definite social statement but I don’t even know what that statement is at this point other than stupidity.
Soft wokeness.

They are going to be in for a real shock when the Chinese are calling their shots!

I was thinking about this last weekend when I drove past a Giant Eagle in the West Hills of Pittsburgh while reflecting on the fact that we were mandated, coerced, forced and shamed to wear masks in places like that long after the "science" indicated that that was pure folly, and have experimental chemicals injected into our bloodstreams. I also thought about how even more ridiculous this will seem fifty years from now, and how our relatives who haven't even been born yet will wonder in amazement how a situation like that ever was allowed to happen and why people, many of whom are otherwise intelligent, simply became like mindless zombies in blindly following their "leaders."

And then some people wonder how situations like what happened in Germany in the 1930s develop. Well, unfortunately, what we saw in 2020 and through much of 2021 is an example of how otherwise good people become sheep when they are "led" by corrupt and treacherous leaders.
Excellent analogy.

People, starting with Fauci, should have been prosecuted.

I don't 'care' but as I pointed out, I want to understand why they wear it. it let's me know if they are stupid in thinking it actually does something or are what social justice thinking is in their mind. and I flew for many, many year, pre covid nobody had masks on, even the asians. maybe if you went and flu in china they did, but not in North America or Europe.

I don't 'care' but as I pointed out, I want to understand why they wear it. it let's me know if they are stupid in thinking it actually does something or are what social justice thinking is in their mind. and I flew for many, many year, pre covid nobody had masks on, even the asians. maybe if you went and flu in china they did, but not in North America or Europe.
A mask is nothing more than the liberal version of the red MAGA hat

Reactions: MacNit07
People, starting with Fauci, should have been prosecuted.
Yes, and the weird thing was Fauci actually mocked the wearing of masks back in March 2020.

I think the only reason masking became such a big thing in the US was that the left needed a reason why it was now okay to go out and protest for George Floyd, when they accused not only reopen protesters, but also skaters and beach goers of wanting to kill grandma.

Last edited:
Its over!

Legendary_kiss_V%E2%80%93J_day_in_Times_Square_Alfred_Eisenstaedt.jpg

Reactions: bison13
Now the prosecutions need to begin. You cannot harm hundreds of millions and kill millions without consequences.
The WHO knows that in order to move forward with their Pandemic treaty, which will effectively surrender all nations' sovereignty, people will need to be lulled back into complacency.

These prosecutions need to be done right and soon. The globalists aren't just going to give up. All these bio labs everywhere....can you imagine building a bioweapons lab in the Sudan? WTF?...aren't just sitting around empty.

The WHO knows that in order to move forward with their Pandemic treaty, which will effectively surrender all nations' sovereignty, people will need to be lulled back into complacency.

These prosecutions need to be done right and soon. The globalists aren't just going to give up. All these bio labs everywhere....can you imagine building a bioweapons lab in the Sudan? WTF?...aren't just sitting around empty.
And the propaganda minister stepping down also. I assume for her role in being a puppet for the admin that she will be rewarded handsomely in the bank account. Her and Fauci will probably publish a book together.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky to Step Down in June

So as a major contributor to this thread, I think it only appropriate that I conclude this thread as today Covid is finally over (THE FEDERAL COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY DECLARATION ENDS MAY 11, 2023. ). I don't think that we will have the same celebrations as VE-day some 78 years ago. The pandemic has ostensibly been over for a year now since the mask mandates finally were lifted about a year ago. Two weeks to 'stop the spread' turned into 160 weeks. We now see Fauci on TV trying to walk back all of his statements, if anybody had any doubts left, you can now see that Fauci was/is a liar and a very unethical man. But to conclude this thread, I don't want to dwell on all the negatives as we have done that in spades but look at a few positives that came out of Covid.

1. Work from home and hybrid work policies. Covid accelerated work from home and hybrid office/home work polices by at least 15-20 years. For white collar workers, for the most part this has been a good thing. The new phrase work-life balance was invented. As somebody that now has 3 days in the office and 2 from home, it has been great and allow for a lot more freedom to do some things that 100% in the office did not allow to happen.

2. Giving to much power to the government and experts. We have had dozens of pages of debate on this and obviously many still are fine with what happened due to political leanings. But there are still a lot of people who now look back and see what happened was not a good thing. Let's hope enough of us recognize that for when the next time something like this happens.

3. Family time. When the world shut down in mid March 2020 for the most part for the next 2 months, and to a lesser extent through that summer of 2020 the world sort of stopped. Having three kids, one in college, one in high school, one in junior high at the time it allowed us to have more family time in that 5 month timeframe then I think we had in the previous 5 years. I mean sitting down together for dinner every night, movie nights, game nights, taking some trips to the mountains for a long weekend to go hiking. Without any outside activities at all open during that timeframe to pull the kids in all different directions, it was about doing things with family and very close friends. I distinctly remember one night a few weeks after the shutdown when we were sitting at the dinner table for probably the 20th night in a row where my daughter asked my wife and I if this it what it was like when we grew up. Those 5 months that we spent together will always be in my memory as the last real extended length of time that our family of 5 spent together.

So as a major contributor to this thread, I think it only appropriate that I conclude this thread as today Covid is finally over (THE FEDERAL COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY DECLARATION ENDS MAY 11, 2023. ). I don't think that we will have the same celebrations as VE-day some 78 years ago. The pandemic has ostensibly been over for a year now since the mask mandates finally were lifted about a year ago. Two weeks to 'stop the spread' turned into 160 weeks. We now see Fauci on TV trying to walk back all of his statements, if anybody had any doubts left, you can now see that Fauci was/is a liar and a very unethical man. But to conclude this thread, I don't want to dwell on all the negatives as we have done that in spades but look at a few positives that came out of Covid.

1. Work from home and hybrid work policies. Covid accelerated work from home and hybrid office/home work polices by at least 15-20 years. For white collar workers, for the most part this has been a good thing. The new phrase work-life balance was invented. As somebody that now has 3 days in the office and 2 from home, it has been great and allow for a lot more freedom to do some things that 100% in the office did not allow to happen.

2. Giving to much power to the government and experts. We have had dozens of pages of debate on this and obviously many still are fine with what happened due to political leanings. But there are still a lot of people who now look back and see what happened was not a good thing. Let's hope enough of us recognize that for when the next time something like this happens.

3. Family time. When the world shut down in mid March 2020 for the most part for the next 2 months, and to a lesser extent through that summer of 2020 the world sort of stopped. Having three kids, one in college, one in high school, one in junior high at the time it allowed us to have more family time in that 5 month timeframe then I think we had in the previous 5 years. I mean sitting down together for dinner every night, movie nights, game nights, taking some trips to the mountains for a long weekend to go hiking. Without any outside activities at all open during that timeframe to pull the kids in all different directions, it was about doing things with family and very close friends. I distinctly remember one night a few weeks after the shutdown when we were sitting at the dinner table for probably the 20th night in a row where my daughter asked my wife and I if this it what it was like when we grew up. Those 5 months that we spent together will always be in my memory as the last real extended length of time that our family of 5 spent together.
Agree. However, power-hungry governments have found a path to keep their boots on the citizenry's necks in terms of censorship and deplatforming in the name of the common good (if you don't get vaccinated, you are risking everyone else so it is legal to make you get vaccinated and to be indiscriminately shut you down). We will now see this happen with things like Monkey Pox and Global Climate Change. Of course, there may be legitimate decisions govts must make to protect citizens. it is important, as citizens, that we are diligent in making sure that Govt does not obtain too much power. We've seen it. It is real. Several people lied to us (doctors, CDC, NIH, WHO, phamas, etc.). Several were paid off to do so. Several are protecting their asses from criminal investigations.

I'm sorry but IMHO, to conclude the thread or covid on a positive note is 1) Pre-mature and 2) white washing the intentional damage that was inflicted on millions. Sad to say but any attempts to conclude let alone conclude on a positive note are a green light to do this again and more boldly with more draconian measures.

There is only 1 way to actually conclude covid and that is with public trials and serious consequences to those who exacted intentional harm on millions. Otherwise, it WILL HAPPEN AGAIN and it will be worse next time. Putting a smiley face on and pretending that obvious crimes against humanity can just be swept under the rug will absolutely ensure that this happens again.

Baltimore city still had mask mandates until today, unreal.
That's just a microcosm of why many American cities that are run by idiots like the ones who run Baltimore now resemble less than Third World countries; I dare would say that it's an insult to Third World countries to call places like Baltimore "Third World." Yet, despite this, these same creeps, whether legally or illegally, will continue to get voted back into office. Because of this, and I hate to say this, the people who live in these places deserve what is being done to them.

Just look at Chicago as Exhibit A for this with their most recent Democratic primary for mayor; Exhibit B would be the Governor of California, who has done so much damage to that state that they actually lost a House seat because so many people are moving out of that place, yet he survived a recall and now wants to run for President.

I'll just conclude my comments by echoing what Obliviax and Online Persona said above, and that is there is no doubt in my mind that Pandora's Box has been opened and these measures will be tried to be implemented again for other reasons. When this happens, and I say when and not if, there has to be an immediate public response to quash them and, if necessary, this response may have to use the same tactics that many of these radical leftist groups employ. After all, we are not subjects of a king or an oligarch; these public officials are supposed to work for us.

Last edited:
That's just a microcosm of why many American cities that are run by idiots like the ones who run Baltimore now resemble less than Third World countries; I dare would say that it's an insult to Third World countries to call places like Baltimore "Third World." Yet, despite this, these same creeps, whether legally or illegally, will continue to get voted back into office. Because of this, and I hate to say this, but the people who live in these places deserve what is being done to them.

Just look at Chicago as Exhibit A for this with their most recent Democratic primary for mayor; Exhibit B would be the Governor of California, who has done so much damage to that state that they actually lost a House seat because so many people are moving out of that place, yet he survived a recall and now wants to run for President.
And these same idiots put the current weak, moron in charge of the country and he's controlled by the radical left. These people are voting against their own interests and are contributing to destroying the country. What's happening at the border is an abomination and an affront to every veteran and citizen. The country will never be the same.

Over? You think this over? The government grabbed so much power and they will not give it up without a fight.

They will some way, some excuse, some justification to do this again. Ebola outbreak. Maybe use GLOBAL WARMING😱 as an excuse. Maybe the massive wave of illegal immigration about to hit.

But be assured, it will happen again.

Question about the vaccine mandate now that fed emergency is over... Can employers, mainly health care facilities require the shots as a means for employment now??? the shots were under emergency use and now emergency is now over.

Question about the vaccine mandate now that fed emergency is over... Can employers, mainly health care facilities require the shots as a means for employment now??? the shots were under emergency use and now emergency is now over.
A lot of medical facilities mandated flu shots for employees before the pandemic, maybe they'll keep the covid vaccine mandates in place, I guess we'll see.

Over? You think this over? The government grabbed so much power and they will not give it up without a fight.

They will some way, some excuse, some justification to do this again. Ebola outbreak. Maybe use GLOBAL WARMING😱 as an excuse. Maybe the massive wave of illegal immigration about to hit.

ZBuy.gif

Reactions: bytir

Great summary Cletus11! Agree 110%!! And concur with Obli’s add on comments too!!

Must vote RD!

So I know that I officially closed this thread but I was down in Northern Virginia/DC area this past weekend to move my daughter into her new apartment. And was shocked to see so much mask wearing. Here in the greater Philly area, I almost never see a mask anymore. Maybe some random occasion I will see a mask wearer once every few weeks. But when we walked into the first store (Homegoods), I literally saw about 4 customers wearing masks and 3 workers. We goto the next store and very similar sitings of multiple people wearing masks. We get in the elevator to go up to her apartment and a young women gets in elevator with us wearing a mask (she had obviously just been outside as she had her dog on a leash). I mean if that many people were wearing masks now, I just wonder what it was like a 12-24 months ago. No wonder the politicians were in such a bubble.

Reactions: bison13
So I know that I officially closed this thread but I was down in Northern Virginia/DC area this past weekend to move my daughter into her new apartment. And was shocked to see so much mask wearing. Here in the greater Philly area, I almost never see a mask anymore. Maybe some random occasion I will see a mask wearer once every few weeks. But when we walked into the first store (Homegoods), I literally saw about 4 customers wearing masks and 3 workers. We goto the next store and very similar sitings of multiple people wearing masks. We get in the elevator to go up to her apartment and a young women gets in elevator with us wearing a mask (she had obviously just been outside as she had her dog on a leash). I mean if that many people were wearing masks now, I just wonder what it was like a 12-24 months ago. No wonder the politicians were in such a bubble.
Sheep

It's a case study of how "group think" imposed by governmental entities can lead to people being turned into mindless zombies, which then can devolve into things like what happened in 1930s Germany, 1970s Cambodia, etc. What's scary is that it shows that it really doesn't take much to get into a situation like this. Thankfully, there still were and are enough brave people in this country who fought hard against these governmental entities and made the situation much less onerous than a lot of powers that be wanted it to be.

It's also scary to think how close presumed enlightened Westernized countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand came to devolving into tyrannical dictatorships during this mess, and really acted no better with its citizens than China did with its citizens.

I rarely see masks in Surburban Philly either- but the Principal of our Summer School just got the Vid for the 3rd time via his teenage daughter. He missed a week and is still coughing....last time he said he coughed for 3 months

Another student today asked for a mask as she thinks she may have it. I happened to have one. She left ill to go to a doctor appointment.

As a high school teacher I feel like I'm surrounded by it- but really no longer think about it. What's the "right answer"? I don't know. I've had it once- mild case- others have not been as fortunate. Life goes on...

Were they wearing masks or chinstraps?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT