ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Had my yearly physical in mid December. Asked my Doctor about getting the booster jab (I had the J&J in June). She said there is no benefit for me getting the booster at all, as I have no comorbidities. She was in the original Moderna vaccine tests, and is part of the University of Texas antibody studies. She gets blood drawn and tested every week as part of the study. She is perplexed as she only shows the vaccine spike protein antibody, but none of the other ones (as does the other doctor in the practice). She lamented that she was hoping to show antibodies for all of the proteins, but hasn't.

I have tested negative 42 weeks in a row for work (and after a Jan 15th trip to Allentown where I went to a huge maskless wedding with many teachers present). Never tested for antibodies, but 99% certain that I had the original China Virus, as I was in China from Jan 4-16, 2020. While in Shanghai, I was pretty sick for 2 nights (massive night sweats), and a sore throat the entire trip. That was a few days after a trip to a die casting shop which is 60 miles east of Wuhan!!!.

Now, work is asking us to do a quick Covid test Sunday night (they just gave us 4 test kits each). If negative, we do the PCR test Monday at work. We have about 20 people in a 150k square foot building as everyone wants to work from home (but they get nothing done there). We must be fully masked while in the building as well. Now, work is asking us to get the booster because of the new CDC definition. This is totally crazy
your work is making you test before you come to the office even if vaccinated. that is pretty crazy. our company only need to provide a negative test if not vaccinated. there has been no talk of needing a booster to be called vaccinated.

Reactions: bison13
your work is making you test before you come to the office even if vaccinated. that is pretty crazy. our company only need to provide a negative test if not vaccinated. there has been no talk of needing a booster to be called vaccinated.
Yes. Just started the pre testing this week. It's a huge California based company, but I'm in our Texas site. If not vaccinated, you can't come to the office at all. If vaccinated, you can come to the office, only after a weekly negative quick test AND a weekly negative PCR test AND wear a mask 100% of the time. For how many "smart" people in this company, there are really a lot of dumb decisions being made

They are even discussing that your vaccine must be 6 months current as well. If you had the last jab in July 2021, then you are not considered vaccinated at this point. We'll see how this ends up, but the exec staff mentioned that they were discussing this with the powers in Washington.

They are even discussing that your vaccine must be 6 months current as well. If you had the last jab in July 2021, then you are not considered vaccinated at this point. We'll see how this ends up, but the exec staff mentioned that they were discussing this with the powers in Washington.
Well, in their defense, they are probably enacting these rules as a CYA on advise of their attorneys. Has to be very difficult for companies. and if they have any government contracts/business that adds to the pressures they face.

First of all, I didn't make the statement; the authors of the report did. But as someone who writes similar reports in a different field, you always need to caveat your data to discourage people from using it in a way that is inappropriate. One of the big issues with empirical human health data is that it is not controlled. Even "controlled" clinical trials aren't really controlled (in the way that most scientists would define controlled). So there are a lot of underlying variables that are not taken into account in the raw data.

Or it could be a much larger amount depending on the amount of bias.

Agreed.

Possibly, yes.

Also, possible.

Not trying to pick on you here, but please don't conflate government scientists with government policy makers. For example, mask mandates are a policy (and one that I, who am hugely pro-vaccine, was against from day one). When Fauci or CDC or a local government says "you have to wear masks" that is a policy decision, not a scientific statement. Government scientists (who make the scientific statements) are NOT lying to you.
Great post - seriously.

One comment - if you aren't actively speaking out against disinformation, it is borderline lying. It might be lying out of cowardice, but everyone that did not speak up against masks and certainly everyone who did not speak up against the policies of putting sick people into nursing care facilities is a little complicit via lying by omission (yes, I get that this isn't exactly lying by omission, but it is going along).

Well, in their defense, they are probably enacting these rules as a CYA on advise of their attorneys. Has to be very difficult for companies. and if they have any government contracts/business that adds to the pressures they face.
They actually hired medical doctors as consultants, that present to the masses every month. They have a blog that discusses "current" Covid proccesses. When asked about Natural Immunity, they pointed to a September study that talked about vaccines being better on the Alpha variant versus Natural Immunity. They ignore any current data, even from the CDC.

Now, if they say that there are no issues, and open offices and go back to work, then their lucrative consulting gig is finished. The longer they make this an issue, the more they get paid. Like many consultants. Yes, these are medical doctors "for sale".

I keep hearing this, and I don't have any doubt it's likely true. That being said, are there any pending or adjudicated cases we can point to where any entity has been successfully sued because someone claimed they got Covid due to another's negligence? I don't know the answer to this. For the sake of retaining a possible crumb of sanity in Amerika, I certainly hope not.

Great post - seriously.

One comment - if you aren't actively speaking out against disinformation, it is borderline lying. It might be lying out of cowardice, but everyone that did not speak up against masks and certainly everyone who did not speak up against the policies of putting sick people into nursing care facilities is a little complicit via lying by omission (yes, I get that this isn't exactly lying by omission, but it is going along).
This is a good point, although there are (especially within government) issues with roles and purview. A government scientist who is not actively involved in policy making does not have the role of criticizing the policy, unless the policy is mischaracterizing (or misusing) the science (which could very well be the case here...I don't work for CDC).

Interestingly, some agencies have policies that their scientists can talk to anyone (media, etc) at any time about their science (i.e. they do not need any level of approval even from their direct supervisor) but they cannot discuss budget issues (e.g. "Hey, Congress give us more money") or policy issues. (an aside: some agencies do not have this policy and are much more restrictive about who can talk to the media and about what...I honestly don't know what CDC's policy is, but will try to find out).

The point being that scientist could bring up issues that they have with a how science is being used in policy making internally but wouldn't be permitted to "go to the press" with criticisms of the policy, even if their agency has the more liberal communications rules.

I keep hearing this, and I don't have any doubt it's likely true. That being said, are there any pending or adjudicated cases we can point to where any entity has been successfully sued because someone claimed they got Covid due to another's negligence? I don't know the answer to this. For the sake of retaining a possible crumb of sanity in Amerika, I certainly hope not.
Well, it would take years for any case to be adjudicated. First, people have two to four years just to file a suit, depending on state. I wonder if any have been filed yet. Or if there have been any out of court settlements. And if an attorney or firm can find more than five people they could file a class action which would make any lawsuit big time.

Well, it would take years for any case to be adjudicated. First, people have two to four years just to file a suit, depending on state. I wonder if any have been filed yet. Or if there have been any out of court settlements. And if an attorney or firm can find more than five people they could file a class action which would make any lawsuit big time.
in the case mentioned above, I don't think it has to do with liability in such that my company is a big company and has rules in place (ie..take your temp when you walk in, check mark the box that you don't have any symptoms, masking in place in common areas, rotating work from home schedule to reduce the office staffing levels so more space, added better filtering system on the HVAC) and if you have those rules in place, you are going to be very shielded from an eventual lawsuit. Sounds to me like the CEO and executives in his company are some social warriors and are just going crazy to be very far left and push an agenda.

COVID-19 vaccines are very safe for kids​

“We know that they're extremely safe for kids and the side effect profiles are very similar in the 5 and up group as they are 16 and up,” which is similar to what “we saw with adults,” said Dr. Loethen. “So we know they're very safe and protect a lot of children, not only on the individual level, but also on the population level.”
From the other side of the ocean.

Reactions: bison13
Great post - seriously.

Also, you should absolutely be speaking out against things like stopping the MAB treatments.

We both know that, just like the vaccines, MAB are almost surely harmless, and can only have benefits.

In such a setting, no honest person would try to make an argument that they should be cancelled out of concerns about effectiveness. Because even if true about Omicron, Delta is still out there.

An honest person might even say that those advocating cancelling those treatments are murderers.

This is a good point, although there are (especially within government) issues with roles and purview. A government scientist who is not actively involved in policy making does not have the role of criticizing the policy, unless the policy is mischaracterizing (or misusing) the science (which could very well be the case here...I don't work for CDC).

Interestingly, some agencies have policies that their scientists can talk to anyone (media, etc) at any time about their science (i.e. they do not need any level of approval even from their direct supervisor) but they cannot discuss budget issues (e.g. "Hey, Congress give us more money") or policy issues. (an aside: some agencies do not have this policy and are much more restrictive about who can talk to the media and about what...I honestly don't know what CDC's policy is, but will try to find out).

The point being that scientist could bring up issues that they have with a how science is being used in policy making internally but wouldn't be permitted to "go to the press" with criticisms of the policy, even if their agency has the more liberal communications rules.
That's an extremely, extremely tough line to walk. If a government agency or a portion of a government agency is making policy recommendations that involve science, the lines between the science and policy quickly blur. If the policy is supposed to be based on science, any alternative viewpoint on the science will naturally have policy implications. Government scientists who disagree with the scientific conclusions of their colleagues and express it to anyone outside may not run afoul of their colleagues (realistically, they will and do), but they will run afoul of the politicians who are trying to sell a policy as being based on science. (The kind of science where we absolutely know the answer to a complex matter and no room for reasonable alternative views exists.) They will also run afoul of agency management whose lives have been made miserable by said politicians. The agency's policy may allow the scientist to talk to anyone but doing so may come at a steep price.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
That's an extremely, extremely tough line to walk. If a government agency or a portion of a government agency is making policy recommendations that involve science, the lines between the science and policy quickly blur. If the policy is supposed to be based on science, any alternative viewpoint on the science will naturally have policy implications. Government scientists who disagree with the scientific conclusions of their colleagues and express it to anyone outside may not run afoul of their colleagues (realistically, they will and do), but they will run afoul of the politicians who are trying to sell a policy as being based on science. (The kind of science where we absolutely know the answer to a complex matter and no room for reasonable alternative views exists.) They will also run afoul of agency management whose lives have been made miserable by said politicians. The agency's policy may allow the scientist to talk to anyone but doing so may come at a steep price.
To address your last point first, multiple agencies have very stringent Scientific Integrity Policies which essentially shield scientists from retribution based on their discussions of their science (this is akin to whistleblower protection).

Your other points are good ones in terms of raising that concern. However, I don't think the line between science and policy is that blurred. Scientists often state how their work could be used in policy or management decisions (e.g. "this model can be used to evaluate different scenarios of CO2 reduction on climate variability" is science; "the US should reduce CO2 emissions by 30%" is a policy recommendation. Most government scientists can't make the latter (acting in their official capacity, anyway).

Reactions: The Spin Meister
They actually hired medical doctors as consultants, that present to the masses every month. They have a blog that discusses "current" Covid proccesses. When asked about Natural Immunity, they pointed to a September study that talked about vaccines being better on the Alpha variant versus Natural Immunity. They ignore any current data, even from the CDC.

Now, if they say that there are no issues, and open offices and go back to work, then their lucrative consulting gig is finished. The longer they make this an issue, the more they get paid. Like many consultants. Yes, these are medical doctors "for sale".
I just don't believe that's the motivation.

Surely you cannot become a licensed doctor without the ability to know that Walensky's bullshit study was just that - bullshit.

Anyone who thought it was remotely possible that natural immunity wasn't better than a single specific mRNA vaccine that targeted only one aspect of the virus is simply an idiot.

To address your last point first, multiple agencies have very stringent Scientific Integrity Policies which essentially shield scientists from retribution based on their discussions of their science (this is akin to whistleblower protection).

Your other points are good ones in terms of raising that concern. However, I don't think the line between science and policy is that blurred. Scientists often state how their work could be used in policy or management decisions (e.g. "this model can be used to evaluate different scenarios of CO2 reduction on climate variability" is science; "the US should reduce CO2 emissions by 30%" is a policy recommendation. Most government scientists can't make the latter (acting in their official capacity, anyway).
Scientists should speak up in policy areas.

Einstein recommended policies all the time, including the development of nuclear weapons.

Feynman spoke out all the time, showing no fear.

It is exactly the same as climate scientists being quiet when they KNOW their work is being overblown and conclusions wrongly drawn and remaining quiet.

If you remain quiet, you are complicit.

Scientists should speak up in policy areas.

Einstein recommended policies all the time, including the development of nuclear weapons.

Feynman spoke out all the time, showing no fear.

It is exactly the same as climate scientists being quiet when they KNOW their work is being overblown and conclusions wrongly drawn and remaining quiet.

If you remain quiet, you are complicit.
I think it is more complicated than that. First, a scientist might be an expert on the science of something but not an expert on the policy or policy implications of how their science is used. That is OK; not everyone is an expert on everything.

Second, as I pointed out above, federal scientists are often not allowed to discuss policy outside of the agency. This is, IMHO, a good thing because it protects scientists (who are not policy experts) from saying dumb things. (haha). I will note that there is no prohibition for academic scientists to talk about policy. That's a double edged sword because you can get scientists arguing for policies that make their science look more important than it actually is.

Finally, your two examples Einstein and Feynman are older examples before these communications policies were articulated. Additionally, while Feynman was employed by the federal government early in his career, I believe most of his policy related advocacy was while he was in academia. I do not believe Einstein was every employed by the US government.

How do you get a test like the one you had done?

Insurance cover it??

Antibodies test?
Both tests were done by my primary care physician. I simply requested an antibody test for Covid. Haven’t been charged penny for the tests. They’re either covered under insurance or the government flips the bill. Pretty sure the government is paying.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I think it is more complicated than that. First, a scientist might be an expert on the science of something but not an expert on the policy or policy implications of how their science is used. That is OK; not everyone is an expert on everything.

Second, as I pointed out above, federal scientists are often not allowed to discuss policy outside of the agency. This is, IMHO, a good thing because it protects scientists (who are not policy experts) from saying dumb things. (haha). I will note that there is no prohibition for academic scientists to talk about policy. That's a double edged sword because you can get scientists arguing for policies that make their science look more important than it actually is.

Finally, your two examples Einstein and Feynman are older examples before these communications policies were articulated. Additionally, while Feynman was employed by the federal government early in his career, I believe most of his policy related advocacy was while he was in academia. I do not believe Einstein was every employed by the US government.
So, those communication policies are absolute bullshit. They amount to censorship, nothing more.

Obviously, we were a better country when Feynman and Einstein were living. Our government has deteriorated to complete shit since then. It's a disgrace.

Your deference to politicians to make policy decisions is really weak. Example - you guys let Wolf, Cuomo, etc. kill thousands and thousands of old people by putting sick people in old folks' homes.

In my opinion, you had a moral obligation to speak up and explain to the public how bad those policies were. You let people with the IQ of a rock kill thousands because it's "not according to policy".

I have to say, if that's the attitude you guys take, I'm even more convinced that cutting government spending to next to nothing is the right decision.

I’ve been watching Dr Coleman since late December 2019/January 2020. The guy is one of the most ethical doctors I’ve ever seen. Why indeed is data not being released by big pharma? Impossible to follow the science without complete data.

Same here. Dr Coleman has provided an enormous public service with his YouTube channel. It's 100% science, without politics.

So, those communication policies are absolute bullshit. They amount to censorship, nothing more.

Obviously, we were a better country when Feynman and Einstein were living. Our government has deteriorated to complete shit since then. It's a disgrace.

Your deference to politicians to make policy decisions is really weak. Example - you guys let Wolf, Cuomo, etc. kill thousands and thousands of old people by putting sick people in old folks' homes.

In my opinion, you had a moral obligation to speak up and explain to the public how bad those policies were. You let people with the IQ of a rock kill thousands because it's "not according to policy".

I have to say, if that's the attitude you guys take, I'm even more convinced that cutting government spending to next to nothing is the right decision.
You sir, are one smart cookie! I always said that guys who can really hold a spirited political debate on an anonymous message board are the smartest amongst us.

So, where are we at this point:

Vaccine barely slows the spread against Omicron.

Even the sheeple FINALLY know that only N95 masks have any hope of slowing the spread.

Vaccine STILL appears to help against death from Omicron, although this isn't completely clear yet. It does seem likely that you'd need boosted quite often to maintain that benefit.

There's STILL no valid early treatment study despite the huge amount of government spending. We only know that if you wait until people are almost dead that IVM and HCQ don't work.

More people are dying now than at any time during the pandemic, except the big surge early last year.

Even the sheeple now know that natural immunity is many multiples more effective than the vaccine.

The anti-vaxxers have provided a wedge for the sheeple by being unscientific. Because the argument that you're better off without the vaccine just doesn't hold water, except for the young. If you're to the oldish side (say 45+), get the damned vaccine (although you've waited until Omicron, and now the vaccine is a lot less effective).

Our useless government is unable to provide simple statistics on natural immunity (knowing if 50% or 62% or 40% of the population is naturally immune would really help understand where the endpoint is).

Even the sheeple FINALLY know that only N95 masks have any hope of slowing the spread.

Vaccine STILL appears to help against death from Omicron, although this isn't completely clear yet. It does seem likely that you'd need boosted quite often to maintain that benefit.

There's STILL no valid early treatment study despite the huge amount of government spending. We only know that if you wait until people are almost dead that IVM and HCQ don't work.

More people are dying now than at any time during the pandemic, except the big surge early last year.

Even the sheeple now know that natural immunity is many multiples more effective than the vaccine.

The anti-vaxxers have provided a wedge for the sheeple by being unscientific. Because the argument that you're better off without the vaccine just doesn't hold water, except for the young. If you're to the oldish side (say 45+), get the damned vaccine (although you've waited until Omicron, and now the vaccine is a lot less effective).

Our useless government is unable to provide simple statistics on natural immunity (knowing if 50% or 62% or 40% of the population is naturally immune would really help understand where the endpoint is).
Youre spot on with the if you havent had the vaccine yet there really is no need for it. If you already had covid unless you have a ton of underlying issues its worthless.

Youre spot on with the if you havent had the vaccine yet there really is no need for it. If you already had covid unless you have a ton of underlying issues its worthless.
You are spot on. Being older is really not the factor the media wants you to believe, it’s about your overall health condition. If you are in your 70’s, or 80’s, but healthy with no appreciable commorbitities, or underlying/pre-existing health issues, then there is no reason to get the mRNA inoculation. And anyone who hasn’t had the jab by now, has almost certainly contracted COVID-19, or it’s weaker variants after two years in circulation, so they’ve got natural immunities to boot, which is unquestionably the best health position to be in relative to the Chinese coronavirus.

Last edited:
You are spot on. Being older is really not the factor the media wants you believe, it’s about your overall health condition. If you are in your 70’s, or 80’s, but healthy with no appreciable commorbitities, or underlying/pre-existing health issues, then there is no reason to get the mRNA inoculation. And anyone who hasn’t had the jab by now, has almost certainly contracted COVID-19, or it’s weaker variants after two years in circulation, so they’ve got natural immunities to boot, which is unquestionably the best health position to be in relative to the Chinese coronavirus.
Stupid people handing out bad advice for free. Good job. Don't listen to real Doctors....take this advice people who are anti-vax. In fact stop going to doctors when you get sick....they know nothing. Fight your cancer elsewhere. Get your treatments at the tractor supply store or listen to people like this guy. Doctors are for losers and non patriots. Damn sheep going Doctors and listening to them.....idiots.

Last edited:

I'd add into your list that more and more people are also now recognizing that 'with' Covid and 'from' Covid is more than just a few percent. Even the MDs on CNN are now admitting that 50% of the hospitalizations are 'with' and not 'for'.

I'd add into your list that more and more people are also now recognizing that 'with' Covid and 'from' Covid is more than just a few percent. Even the MDs on CNN are now admitting that 50% of the hospitalizations are 'with' and not 'for'.
They are not ‘admitting’ that. They are changing the dynamics so they can help Magoo claim victory.

They are not ‘admitting’ that. They are changing the dynamics so they can help Magoo claim victory.
i agree, the reason we are getting some narrative change as the Dems see they are in huge trouble come this November. The polls show that majority of people are just done with Covid and continued push to prolong the pandemic is not a winning issue. So Dems have to figure out a way to make Covid not be a major issue for them in the coming election so are starting to adjust their talking points. Problem is too late for many people, and the fact that Fauci and Walensky basically are not going along with the talking points and continue to push for no change in policy.

i agree, the reason we are getting some narrative change as the Dems see they are in huge trouble come this November. The polls show that majority of people are just done with Covid and continued push to prolong the pandemic is not a winning issue. So Dems have to figure out a way to make Covid not be a major issue for them in the coming election so are starting to adjust their talking points. Problem is too late for many people, and the fact that Fauci and Walensky basically are not going along with the talking points and continue to push for no change in policy.
They could easily claim a small victory with a simple pivot. 1. Get vaxxed if you would like or get a booster if you would like. 2. Nix the mask mandates... if you want to wear a mask....ok wear a mask if you like. 3. Nix the vaccine mandates... 4. Remove any and all restrictions related to Covid. They have moved the goalposts so many times no one really gives a crap. People are ready to move on and are doing so. The new message is we will change our focus to therapeutics... Instant victory for the Dems.

The double down... on the double down... is further hurting their efforts. Cut bait.... people will be happy.... and will move on

Once you start lying, as Fauci did, it gets really tough to stop.

You WANT to stop masking, but there's no difference between now and when you first started babbling about masks.

So, you make up some nonsense about Omicron (as if the particle distribution is different - hahahahah), so your sheeple, like LaJolly and Tgar can continue to believe in you.

They could easily claim a small victory with a simple pivot. 1. Get vaxxed if you would like or get a booster if you would like. 2. Nix the mask mandates... if you want to wear a mask....ok wear a mask if you like. 3. Nix the vaccine mandates... 4. Remove any and all restrictions related to Covid. They have moved the goalposts so many times no one really gives a crap. People are ready to move on and are doing so. The new message is we will change our focus to therapeutics... Instant victory for the Dems.
It will be tough to not have that pivot branded: "The Florida Way"

It will be tough to not have that pivot branded: "The Florida Way"
I am sure they will brand immediately.... It will pass through the media in 48 hrs and everyone will be happy regardless of politics. Just my opinion but I think people are ready to move forward, be happy, and make decisions for themselves. They will forget about the pivot brand in no time... the branding is all 100% media.... Just my opinion.. it will be a collective... sigh.... finally...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT