ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Well now. Turns out the Trump never even mentioned bleach....let alone drinking it! Only lunatics with TDS ever said anything about bleach. So now maybe you can quit saying such stupid stuff. There are thousands of chemicals and other things that fall under ‘disinfectant’ Tuff being a rational human being.
Trump was talking about ultraviolet light as a disinfectant. It's no surprise LaJolla is repeating another liberal hoax.

IMO there is no excuse for where we sit today. Comparing year 1 vs year 2

test kits - worse today than at any time in year 1
400 million vaccines given vs 0 in year 1. To my knowledge very little new development
mono clonal antibodies - woefully short supply through the entire summer
masks - only now folks admit only N95 masks are effective. Do we have adequate supply -No
And yet we have more cases and more deaths in year 2 than year 1

Vaccines help. I think everyone over 40 should get vaccinated and everyone over 60 or those unhealthy should get boosted. Kids not so sure, healthy young adults not so sure. The one trick pony of vaccine, vaccine, the entire problem right now is the unvaccinated is pitiful.
Who are taking up the majority of beds right now even though more are vaccinated?

The medical community is offering a different opinion than your own. They aren't waffling but then you want to blame them when people don’t follow their advice and fill up the beds or tell people not to come in because they have no where to put them. They aren't echoing what you stated about a 40 year old cutoff, but somehow someway you feel like you know better. I'm curious as to how or why you feel this magic cutoff of 40 or young adults exist, but the vast majority of MD's aren't echoing what you are saying? What is it that makes you feel this way? There has to be some real information out there you are getting that these Doctors are not.

Still ignoring the fact that they do not recommend anything to one that has mild symptoms. Why wait until they are in serious condition?

Monoclonal antibodies were recommended when they were available and appropriate. You don't think big pharma would have manufactured millions of doses had they had capability, after all, aren't they a huge money-making opportunity.

I hate having to use other countries data but look at Ontario. I hope they can fix the technical issue and update the vaccination status cases by age group.
The quick story unvaxxed hospitalizations 24% unvaxxed population 12% ages 12+

Ummmmm, different MCA for Omicron than for Delta. We are and we’re awash in the version that took care of Delta. You can only make so much At a time ans Omicron is relatively speaking brand new.

How about this! The vaccine program has been around for over a year at this point.

Omicron has proven itself to be a different animal than other variants posing its own set of challenges.

They medical and science community has done a stellar job continuously adapting too and finding solutions for this virus.

There are plenty of new therapies being developed and again, the MCA for Delta doesn’t work on Omicron. How long ago was Omicron discovered? If the same folks won’t take an experimental jab, why would you expect them to take an experimental infusion?

I love how they bitch and moan about the limited supplies and insufficient use of MAB's, used via EUA and with potential side effects while bitching and moaning about vaccines used via EUA and with potential side effects.

Reactions: tgar
Monoclonal antibodies were recommended when they were available and appropriate. You don't think big pharma would have manufactured millions of doses had they had capability, after all, aren't they a huge money-making opportunity.
And you had to either pretty sick to get them or have some serious comorbidities to get any such treatment.

Reactions: roswelllion
A flu shot is based on well-established vaccination principles that have had decades of study and public application. To blithely say, "Oh well, we will just have to get a booster of an mRNA shot every year" and equate it to the risk of an annual flu shot is the height of arrogance and idiocy.

An annual mRNA shot may end up being a great thing to do, but we won't know that as a society, or as a medical profession, for a very long time.
Please explain the medical reasoning for what you state above.

Yes, mRNA and traditional flu vaccines work differently. But they both accomplish the same thing (enhanced immune response).

There is no medical reason (that I am aware of) to suspect that mRNA boosters wouldn't be perfectly fine.

But even if you have some weird fear of science and need decades of field data before accepting a treatment, you can get J&J. Exactly the same tech as traditional vaccines.

1. We may be not as tough as Austailia, New Zealand, or Canada, but Biden/Fauci never stop the rhetoric. That’s essentially all they talk about. It’s unpatriotic not too in their minds and speech.

President Joe Biden on Sept. 10 ordered all federal workers and contractors to be vaccinated, and for private employers with 100 or more workers to require staff to be vaccinated by Dec. 8, or get tested for the coronavirus weekly. That order covers 100 million people, about two-thirds of the workforce.
This is not a mandate. No one is forcing these people to get vaccines. They are free to quit their jobs.

There’s a reason I blocked La Jolla from the far left coast long ago. But I’ll enjoy watching your responses to the nut job nonetheless. No idea what he’s claiming of course, but considering the source, I’m sure it’s entertaining 👍🤣
I learned along time ago you cannot argue with a brainwashed left or right narcissist. He’s narrow minded and incapable of seeing past his own nose. Much like you I hit the block button.

• Love
Reactions: Ski
Please explain the medical reasoning for what you state above.

Yes, mRNA and traditional flu vaccines work differently. But they both accomplish the same thing (enhanced immune response).

There is no medical reason (that I am aware of) to suspect that mRNA boosters wouldn't be perfectly fine.

But even if you have some weird fear of science and need decades of field data before accepting a treatment, you can get J&J. Exactly the same tech as traditional vaccines.
The J$J is not a traditional vaccine. Most vaccines are made of destroyed or inactivated viruses or bacteria that cause the disease. The J$J is the same as the Pfizer and Moderna expect that it uses es DNA instead of RNA.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Who would trust accomplished and respected PhD scientists who have had long and decorated scientific careers? I would.
Do you really think people here are talking to their own Doctor’s and they are being told it doesn’t help? I think this is people online saying one thing and doing the other. When they get sick, non Covid you watch how quickly that tune will change. We won’t hear those conversations of them telling their Neurologist or Cardiologist what they saw on YouTube or what Rogan said last night.

3. I’ve read this news coverage but I haven’t seen the actual underlining paper. Do you have access to it? I’d be interested to read it https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1.full.pdf
Thank you for sharing the paper. This is an interesting read.

Couple of things:

1) This appears to be a pre-print which means it was not peer reviewed. Did you share this version because it was shareable or is this the only version? If the former, can you please share the journal and publication date? If the latter, then we have to take this with a grain of salt (not peer reviewed).

2) This paper is looking specifically at the delta variant so we have no idea how applicable this is to omnicron.

3) This is also key: "Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant" (so everyone, even if previously infected, should get the vaccine).

4) Getting the virus to ensure protection against the virus is not a valid public health policy.

Do you really think people here are talking to their own Doctor’s and they are being told it doesn’t help? I think this is people online saying one thing and doing the other. When they get sick, non Covid you watch how quickly that tune will change. We won’t hear those conversations.
I honestly don't know. I hope not.

But people saying "I don't trust the CDC" are a little too far afield for me to have a rational conversation with.

The J$J is not a traditional vaccine. Most vaccines are made of destroyed or inactivated viruses or bacteria that cause the disease.
J&J is an adenovirus vaccine; same as tuberculosis. So this method has been used before. It is not new technology like mRNA.
The J$J is the same as the Pfizer and Moderna expect that it uses es DNA instead of RNA.
This is not at all how I would describe this in that mRNA and DNA are very, very different things.

But people saying "I don't trust the CDC" are a little too far afield for me to have a rational conversation with.
you need to check the emails between Fauci and the NIH

I would be fine if they offered real studies or information based on some real studies. Distrust of the government and its agencies has merit. You have whittle that all the way down to your own physicians whom you choose. Then you have the international medical community who appear to be on the same page. The fake confusion is self generated IMO.

J&J is an adenovirus vaccine; same as tuberculosis. So this method has been used before. It is not new technology like mRNA.

This is not at all how I would describe this in that mRNA and DNA are very, very different things.
Yes, mRNA and DNA are very different. But neither one uses the remnants of an entire virus so neither one have the broadband immune response of others. And that’s the reason why these later mutations are exempt from the vaccines. The shots are just too protein specific.

Hhhmmmmnnnn. What could they possibly recommend? Hhhhhmmmnnnnn. How about something for fever.....like...er.... ahh....ibuprofen? And since the ‘science says’ the big problem is the immune system overeacts and causes a cytokine storm howz about say.....steroids to slow it down? Or antihistamines? Or Benadryl?

Maybe tell people to keep moving around to prevent blood clotting... a major problem. Or how about moving around to help keep fluids from building up in the lungs? Or keep moving around to stimulate circulation and help the healing process.

Every other illness I know of they will at the minimum treat the systems to minimize the affects and to make the patient more comfortable. For some strange reason they don’t even try with this.
So, here in Centre county unless I am wrong, there is no physician on site to proscribe anything. Same goes for our house in Pittsburgh, I can get tested at the Spartan Pharmacy but they can’t proscribe anything. I have to go see my physician unless they set up some sort of triage type arrangement with a doctor on site I imagine. I don’t think it’s as easy as you make it out to be. I have been tested at the big testing sites and I am not aware that dispensing medical advice happens until test results are verified.

I doubt Tylenol or ibuprofen will do much for covid. Just a hunch.

Last edited:
Trump was talking about ultraviolet light as a disinfectant. It's no surprise LaJolla is repeating another liberal hoax.
Well here is the video where he CLEARLY talks about the ultra violet light FIRST and then switches to the disinfectant.

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

He added: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

I know Tucker doesn't tell you these things, but this one was on tape. You could have stuck with the it's sarcasm which they tried to run with. But just blame MSM for him saying that or failing to articulate a coherent thought. You see Doctor Birx look like a deer in headlights, but yeah...that is just MSM again.

Last edited:
I love how they bitch and moan about the limited supplies and insufficient use of MAB's, used via EUA and with potential side effects while bitching and moaning about vaccines used via EUA and with potential side effects.
They bitch about that because after they have moved the goal posts as far as possible and they only have themselves to blame for the situation they are in they can‘t bring themselves to do it as they are brilliant after all. LOL.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
So, here in Centre county unless I am wrong, there is no physician on site to proscribe anything. Same goes for our house in Pittsburgh, I vacant get tested at the Spartan Pharmacy but they can’t proscribe anything. I have to go see my physician unless they set up some sort of triage type arrangement with a doctor on site I imagine. I don’t think it’s as easy as you make it out to be. I have been tested at the big testing sites and I am not aware that dispensing medical advice happens until test results are verified.

I doubt Tylenol or ibuprofen will do much for covid. Just a hunch.
Well......i had sore throat and cough and runny nose on Friday, got worse saturday, Sunday came the aches and started spiking a fever to 101 (never got tested for Covid as nowhere to test, but had all the symptoms). Decided to take a couple of Tylenol at about 2PM (for the fever and headache), by 3PM fever was gone, aches were gone, and felt much, much better.

Hhhmmmmnnnn. What could they possibly recommend? Hhhhhmmmnnnnn. How about something for fever.....like...er.... ahh....ibuprofen? And since the ‘science says’ the big problem is the immune system overeacts and causes a cytokine storm howz about say.....steroids to slow it down? Or antihistamines? Or Benadryl?

Maybe tell people to keep moving around to prevent blood clotting... a major problem. Or how about moving around to help keep fluids from building up in the lungs? Or keep moving around to stimulate circulation and help the healing process.

Every other illness I know of they will at the minimum treat the systems to minimize the affects and to make the patient more comfortable. For some strange reason they don’t even try with this.
Here's something I hadn't heard until a DR visit last week. Prednisone has a negative impact on Covid. She said the two had deadly consequences. I'm surprised that hasn't got more play.

Well......i had sore throat and cough and runny nose on Friday, got worse saturday, Sunday came the aches and started spiking a fever to 101 (never got tested for Covid as nowhere to test, but had all the symptoms). Decided to take a couple of Tylenol at about 2PM (for the fever and headache), by 3PM fever was gone, aches were gone, and felt much, much better.
Yes, I get that. I am more referencing folks that have not been vaccinated Or have a bad case of it though they were vaccinated. ( I know three that received MCA treatment ).

You are vaxxed, caught Omicron, had already read up in what to expect and took care of it. I am not referencing you.

Last edited:
Who would trust accomplished and respected PhD scientists who have had long and decorated scientific careers? I would.

Up until the point that they showed themselves to be deceitful or incompetent, which we reached long ago.

Many here have it too, but they still argue against it. So they really do know better, but still say it’s not helping or would not help the medical community from being overrun. Maybe go the Quebec route and make you show your card to buy liquor. LOL, that will get us a boost or we’ll see a whole new moonshine era begin. Lol
I am for that as long as you have to show your BMI before buying Coke or ice cream or potato chips.

Reactions: Ski
Yes, I get that. I am more referencing folks that have not been vaccinated.
Every person I've known ( I know it doesn't count) were treated with Mucinex and cough medicine. Most were unvaxxed. This includes 19 year olds to 70 plus. Obese and perfectly healthy. Hell the one who got it from his vaxxed wife had 3 comorbidities and he was tired one day and had a bad cough. She had the exact same symptoms.

Ummmmm, different MCA for Omicron than for Delta. We are and we’re awash in the version that took care of Delta. You can only make so much At a time ans Omicron is relatively speaking brand new.

How about this! The vaccine program has been around for over a year at this point.

Omicron has proven itself to be a different animal than other variants posing its own set of challenges.

They medical and science community has done a stellar job continuously adapting too and finding solutions for this virus.

There are plenty of new therapies being developed and again, the MCA for Delta doesn’t work on Omicron. How long ago was Omicron discovered? If the same folks won’t take an experimental jab, why would you expect them to take an experimental infusion?
How many of 2021's deaths were from Omicron? Answer less than 10. If we are awash in MCA why did the administration start rationing them in the fall? You can't blame the year 2 failure on Omicron. Why wasn't something like Omicron anticipated? Why are we so short of N95's and test kits. It's not like EVERY freaking virus known to man doesn't mutate. While you are defending our one trick pony approach what is your explanation for ignoring natural immunity? It seemed to be the way out of every virus for the first 2900 of the last 3000 years?

Yes, I get that. I am more referencing folks that have not been vaccinated Or have a bad case of it though they were vaccinated. ( I know three that received MCA treatment ).

You are vaxxed, caught Omicron, had already read up in what to expect aNd took care of it. I am not referencing you.
I know. i was just shocked how well the Tylenol worked.

Symptoms started on Friday of New Years on December 31. Now on January 11, so 12 days in and still have a runny nose and general dry cough. Nothing of a big deal, just more annoying now for the past week. I think it is starting to break up and by end of the week that it is mostly gone. but assuming it was Covid, going to be 48 hours of not feeling very good followed by a week of minor symptoms.

I know. i was just shocked how well the Tylenol worked.

Symptoms started on Friday of New Years on December 31. Now on January 11, so 12 days in and still have a runny nose and general dry cough. Nothing of a big deal, just more annoying now for the past week. I think it is starting to break up and by end of the week that it is mostly gone. but assuming it was Covid, going to be 48 hours of not feeling very good followed by a week of minor symptoms.
And that's how it is for most people, especially Omicron.

I am for that as long as you have to show your BMI before buying Coke or ice cream or potato chips.
Why is Diabetes contagious now? Is that a new side effect of Covid? Can you carry it and pass it on to anyone in the store with or without a mask or vaccine? You can do better.

Last edited:
Why is Diabetes contagious? Can you carry it and pass it on? You can do better.
I thought we decided vaccines do very little to keep you from getting or spreading the virus and that it's main role albeit the most important role is to keep from serious infection and death. Correct? Only you and Dementia Joe would still say vaccines keep you from getting or spreading. You can do better.

Reactions: tlbakernc
I thought we decided vaccines do very little to keep you from getting or spreading the virus and that it's main role albeit the most important role is to keep from serious infection and death. Correct? Only you and Dementia Joe would still say vaccines keep you from getting or spreading. You can do better.

I read hundreds of his posts before ignoring him. He can't do better.

Really show me where I said you cannot get it or spread it if you are vaccinated? Oh wait, you cannot because you made that up because I made you look pretty dumb. Don't get mad, do better. You're just another person who got the vaccine because you wanted to play the correct odds (smart move), sits there each night with Foxnews listening to Tucker undermine it and then tows that line. Psssst, they are all vaccinated at Fox and if you want to go to their events....you will be too. Not everyone working there is over 40 either....so why would they force those people to give up their freedoms....they must hate America.

In fact you were the one that asked why they won't treat people until they are too sick not thinking that the medical community has stated to take the shot, that is all you. We are talking about hospitals getting full due to unvaccinated people,,,,,,you ran to diabetes. I get it. Where is your over under 40 data too to back your opinion over the Doctors....I'll bet that is coming up anytime now.

Last edited:
Up until the point that they showed themselves to be deceitful or incompetent, which we reached long ago.
As a scientist who works with government scientists (although not in CDC) I strongly disagree with this statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT