ADVERTISEMENT

OT Sixers Draft

Embiid has played one year of BBall in the past 3. He averaged a whopping 11 ppg in his one year at Kansas. Pump the brakes a little. Go look up Dwight Howard, he is/was a physical specimen. Not saying Embiid turning into Howard would be a bad thing, but the NBA is full of uber-athletes. Can he put the ball in the basket or not, nobody knows that answer.

Embiid has played one year of BBall in the past 3. He averaged a whopping 11 ppg in his one year at Kansas. Pump the brakes a little. Go look up Dwight Howard, he is/was a physical specimen. Not saying Embiid turning into Howard would be a bad thing, but the NBA is full of uber-athletes. Can he put the ball in the basket or not, nobody knows that answer.

Embiid got all the Dream Shake stuff down...

embiid-gif.gif

Reactions: LionJim

If Embiid ends up being "Dwight Howard" and not "Hakeem Olojuwan", is that such terrible thing? Obviously Embiid being the "next" Shaq or the "next" Hakeem The Dream is much much much better. But if his "down side" is that he is compared to a guy who was probably one of the top 5 Centers in the NBA the last 5-10 years, is that really terrible? And btw ... Embiid showed more offensive potential in that 1 season at Kansas, than Dwight Howard ever showed at any point in his basketball career. Many guys can be projected based on potential.

If Embiid ends up being "Dwight Howard" and not "Hakeem Olojuwan", is that such terrible thing? Obviously Embiid being the "next" Shaq or the "next" Hakeem The Dream is much much much better. But if his "down side" is that he is compared to a guy who was probably one of the top 5 Centers in the NBA the last 5-10 years, is that really terrible? And btw ... Embiid showed more offensive potential in that 1 season at Kansas, than Dwight Howard ever showed at any point in his basketball career. Many guys can be projected based on potential.

This was Sixers Ish Smith talking about Embiid....

AG: Ish, what do you see from Embiid. We don't really talk about him. Everybody's still wondering when he's gonna come back from the injury. What do you see when you see him. Just looking at your eyes I can see it.

Ish: Well first of all, I think he's grown 2 inches. He's just such a physical specimen. Like he's so big and strong. But like its his skill which takes him to the next level. Last year, when he was working out and playing, he was getting into the flow, doing full court drills handling the ball with coach Billy Lang. Like handling the ball full court, spinning, behind his back and I'm talking like handling the ball. So then after that I'm like I guess anybody can do that. No. Then after that he's doing post up moves. And by yourself it looks good. So then I seen him play against some guys before practice started, they had him out there. Oh my goodness. (Ish's emphasis, not mine) Like it wasn't even fair how much better. He was going against our guys (no names) and it was just a different level. He's just so ... he can shoot the ball, he's unselfish, he's bigger and stronger so if he just wants to power you to the rim, he can. Or he wants to skill you he can. He can step out and shoot the three ball. He's got a pretty form. He's got a lotta, lotta skill. He's gotta lotta skill.

AG: We're getting teased here man.

Ish: I Know. He's got a lotta skill. He really, really does. He was special to watch.

Reactions: Grant Green

I didn't say having the career of Dwight Howard was terrible, just that already crowning him a Top 20 All Time NBA player and multi-year first team NBA player was a little much based on one year at Kansas in 2013-14 and that the NBA was littered with guys with incredible physical abilities that ended up not having the career that was projected for them, especially centers. And Dwight Howard jumped right from high school to college.

Is Okafor worth more or less than Ingram? That depends, if you want a top scorer at center that will learn to play positional defense, then YES. If you have the Big or you "think" the GSW run and shoot is the name of the game then Ingram is your guy. But to say NO WAY the Lakers trade for Okefor is wrong. Although the Lakers usually expect 2-3 players for their one :)
Gee, you think the Lakers would trade last year's number 2 pick for Okafor?? Hell YES !!!!!
I believe the 76ers know Embiid can play, that is why they are looking to trade Okafor. Embiid has scary upside !!!
They can keep Noel to backup Embiid. PLUS, because of his scoring ability Okafor will get you a top forward or guard in return. He will be an all-star for many years to come. Remember he only played one year in college and then had a very good year in his first as a pro. Imagine when he becomes a man ??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT