ADVERTISEMENT

OT question for alums

1962. Pete Liske was QB. Roger Kaufman was running back. The great Dave Robinson was TE and DE. Warren Kogel was center (?). Chuck Semienski was an OT. PSU was a great place. We used to walk our Saint Bernard mascot around the track during the game. No one cared. Drank like hell in stands.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Huffy for Heisman.
(I think you mean Jack Ham not Jack Lambert.
1970. Mike Cooper started the year as quarterback but was replaced by John Hufnagel halfway through the season. Jack Lambert at linebacker. Lydel Mitchel and Franco Harris running backs.

Reactions: Strick73
‘73. Tom Shuman was QB. Nice guy too!
Cappelletti won the Heisman. Beat Kansas in the Orange Bowl. Undefeated season. Wound up ranked 5th😖

Reactions: GSPMax
‘73. Tom Shuman was QB. Nice guy too!
Cappelletti won the Heisman. Beat Kansas in the Orange Bowl. Undefeated season. Wound up ranked 5th😖
No, beat KS in the Orange Bowl after the 68 season. Beat LSU in Orange Bowl after 73 season and Cappy was sick and out of the Bowl game.

Reactions: indynittany
No, beat KS in the Orange Bowl after the 68 season. Beat LSU in Orange Bowl after 73 season and Cappy was sick and out of the Bowl game.
Cappy missed the ‘72 Sugar vs Oklahoma. Played in ‘73.

Reactions: KCLion
You're absolutely right. And I still have my mini blue and white football to prove it.

Reactions: KCLion
What was your first year on State College campus and who was the QB.
Mine was 1963. Pete Liske was the QB and Rip Engle wa coach. Gary Klingensmith was the RB and Ralph Baker was MG on defense
Celebrating 60+ years as a Lion.
1990. Tony Sacca I think

1962. Pete Liske was QB. Roger Kaufman was running back. The great Dave Robinson was TE and DE. Warren Kogel was center (?). Chuck Semienski was an OT. PSU was a great place. We used to walk our Saint Bernard mascot around the track during the game. No one cared. Drank like hell in stands.
‘62 , loved watching Kaufman run the scissors play! Half pint bottles fit neatly into back pants pockets !

86 was first year on main campus. Not a bad first year. Shaffer. I recall vividly the parade and the speeches on O.M. Lawn when we came back after Christmas break. I had a ton of snapshots and hell if I can find them now. Ain't that the way it goes.

1970. Mike Cooper started the year as quarterback but was replaced by John Hufnagel halfway through the season. Jack Ham at linebacker. Lydel Mitchel and Franco Harris running backs.
Just noticed on the psu roster that Jack Lambert is a freshman qb. 😬

Reactions: joeaubie21
1967-68 - saw the best PSU squads go undefeated in '68 '69. What a wonderful 3 years.

Had many good times in Beam Hall watching TV Quarterbacks with Charlie Pitman and Jim Kates; two wonderful scholar/athletes and among the nicest guys that I have been associated.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT