ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Professional Bull Riding

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Our son lives in Louisville and right now he's attending a professional bull riding event at the Yum Center, where UL plays their BB games.

So I texted him and asked him who was winning, the bulls or the riders. He replys, mostly the bulls as only one rider made it to 8 seconds. He sent me a video - the bulls are massive.

Funny that we went to dinner with old friends last Saturday and they were telling us about their oldest son that went to Spain a couple years ago to run with the bulls. He told them that he trained to try and get in shape to be able to stay ahead of the bulls and that he was advised to take the inside at the turns in the narrow streets as the bulls slide on their hoofs to the outside and many times hit the walls at the turns (sometimes squishing and goring people) as their hoofs don't have traction on the cobblestone streets.

How crazy would a person have to be to try that. Our friend's son did get some wounds on his back from getting slightly gored, but no stitches. He was lucky.

Last edited:
Our son lives in Louisville and right now he's attending a professional bull riding event at the Yum Center, where UL plays their BB games.

So I texted him and asked him who was winning, the bulls or the riders. He replys, mostly the bulls as only one rider made it to 8 seconds. The bulls are massive.

Funny that we went to dinner with old friends last Saturday and they were telling us about their oldest son that went to Spain a couple years ago to run with the bulls. He told them that he trained to try and get in shape to be able to stay ahead of the bulls and that he was advised to take the inside at the turns in the narrow streets as the bulls slide on their hoofs to the outside and many time hit the walls at the turns (sometimes squishing people) as their hoofs don't have traction on the cobblestone streets.

How crazy would a person have to be to try that. Our friend's son did get some wounds on his back from getting slightly gored, but no stitches. He was lucky.
Anyone remember the mechanical bull downtown during the Urban Cowboy era? I forget which bar it was but I did win a T-shirt for staying on. It was pretty hard to do but no horns or hooves!

Reactions: GregInPitt
Anyone remember the mechanical bull downtown during the Urban Cowboy era? I forget which bar it was but I did win a T-shirt for staying on. It was pretty hard to do but no horns or hooves!

Was it Players that used to trot it out?

The Cowtown Rodeo is the oldest rodeo in the USA and is actually in NJ. I have never been to a rodeo but plan on going someday.

If you ever have the chance, go to the Calgary Stampede. It is awesome. Usually in the beginning of July.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT