ADVERTISEMENT

OT: One-armed basketball player is unstoppable

one and a quarter or so I'd say but he's incredible. I couldn't play basketball if I had 3 arms.

Had to settle for a third leg

Reactions: step.eng69
The cynic in me wants to decry the defensive teachings of his opponents because the first thing I think is 'MAKE HIM GO LEFT' but the kid's ball control and change of direction is incredible for his situation. Hell, he's a better ball handler than a lot of fully capable people. Have to keep an eye on where his journey takes him.

Simply unbelievable. Just imagine if every American had his work ethic.

Back in the early 2000s there was a gym down in District Heights Maryland just outside of DC that was open 24 hours 365 days of the year called run and shoot. They had about a dozen basketball courts in this former department store with a gym, locker rooms Etc. On the main court which was NBA sized, there was always a phenomenal basketball. In the summers you'd have NBA guys like Steve Francis come and play and bring others.

Well the first time I ever went there I saw a player on the main court who is just like the young man in your video. Had a quarter of his left arm and yet did more than hold his own with all the high-level talent. Amazing how he could create space and pull up and hit 25 footers with ease and then on the other end knew how to use his body to play defense and get in the passing lanes. He was one of those guys that was told by everyone that he couldn't do it and he just had to prove them wrong.

In the mid ‘50s, Fountain Hill High School in the Lehigh Valley won the Boys Basketball Championships twice in successive years. One of the starters and best players on the team was Austin Cyphers, aka Short Right, who despite having to play with one and a half arms, was an outstanding member of the team and a key contributor to FHHS’s success. He was also a great guy and a success in life!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT